SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Guest jimmyciara121

anyone heard any news on their visa yet? We are at the end of 5 months now and getting more and more impatient!!

We applied end of December and have been told first week of July. Might sound dramatic but seriously, longest six months of our lives!! This last month has particularly dragged on. Now just hoping it actually happens next week or I may really go crazy..

Hey Julie who were you looking at flying with from Dublin, did you try Australian Holidays in Dublin?

just on skyscanner....usually go etihad...but would like to try singapore airlines ...... never evan heard of those ....thanx ill check it out

We applied end of December and have been told first week of July. Might sound dramatic but seriously, longest six months of our lives!! This last month has particularly dragged on. Now just hoping it actually happens next week or I may really go crazy..

Have you booked your flight yet ???? Im coming up to my 5th month of waiting, and can honestly state that its making me crazy lol

Edited by juliedec

The weight has been lifted.... ive finally posted my application off today, special delivery. Its such a relief to see it go and fingers crossed they have everything they need. So excited :jiggy:

I remember that particular feeling well...My life revolved around that paperwork what seemed like forever...... HUGE WEIGHT LIFTED :wacko:

Guest nimhug
Have you booked your flight yet ???? Im coming up to my 5th month of waiting, and can honestly state that its making me crazy lol :arghh:

Coming up to the 5 month mark too and not sure whether to book flights or not! Have been told by CO to email mid July and he will process my visa then... Want to fly August 1st! By the way Australian Holidays are good but always call them! don't email! Good luck!

Did something that I said I wasn't going to do......... Spouse Visa is due to be granted the end of July, OH is already in Oz, was fed up and missing him so much. So I have booked my ticket to Brisbane for the first week of August, worst comes to worse can reschedule the flight for later in month or fly out on a holiday visa. Fingers crossed that the visa comes on time. Good luck to all those in the same boat :hug:

Thats what I want to do but keep wimping out lol..told Mid Aug, came close to booking a flight for 23 aug, but changed my mind ..could be only a day or two difference..

Might just do it...as you say ..only have to change flight date ???:arghh:

just on skyscanner....usually go etihad...but would like to try singapore airlines ...... never evan heard of those ....thanx ill check it out

I've flown with Singapore airlines and couldnt fault them plus the airport is amazing! Which helps killing time :)

Guest jubjub87
Hi all

Paperwork sent off 12/06/2012 spouse visa offshore

CO assigned 20/06/2012

Meds done 25/06/2012

Police checks in process

Exciting :)

Hey niknak78,

I posted mine off on the 11th/6

Assigned C/O 12th/6th

Meds requested and done on the 21st/6th

were around the same time so ill let you know if i get any progress! the waiting is going to be a killer.

Hi just had a phone call from my case worker. We have JC. she was very lovely and heloful. She will request medicals in 3 months to keep within their guidelines but help us out with a longer leadin time. Confirmed I will go straight onto the 100 which is a relief and just a couple of bits of minor info required. My ex didn't certify his passport copy and I need to give the addresses fo rthe last 10 years. All good :-)

Hi just had a phone call from my case worker. We have JC. she was very lovely and heloful. She will request medicals in 3 months to keep within their guidelines but help us out with a longer leadin time. Confirmed I will go straight onto the 100 which is a relief and just a couple of bits of minor info required. My ex didn't certify his passport copy and I need to give the addresses fo rthe last 10 years. All good :-)

thats good about asking for the meds down the line a bit.

Guest niknak78

JubJub, yes defo keep you posted, where are you going in Oz???

Hey niknak78,

I posted mine off on the 11th/6

Assigned C/O 12th/6th

Meds requested and done on the 21st/6th

were around the same time so ill let you know if i get any progress! the waiting is going to be a killer.

CO assigned today and e-mail received requesting medicals and police checks :jiggy:

Need to get a police check for OH for Australia. He did one when he applied for his 176 but they're asking for another one. Im guessing so its a up to date one. I know he sent his other one off by post but had problems with payment as it has to be in dollars and cheques arent excepted unless its a oz bank! Has anyone done a Oz police check on-line?

Edited by samlee337

Hi all

Paperwork sent off 12/06/2012 spouse visa offshore

CO assigned 20/06/2012

Meds done 25/06/2012

Police checks in process

Exciting :)

Hey Nik,

Was just wondering who your CO is?

Also we are at roughly the same stage so it's all good. Police checks here ready to send but meds booked for next Thursday?

Can't wait to get our last bit out of the way then it's just a case of waiting after that.

CO assigned today and e-mail received requesting medicals and police checks :jiggy:

Need to get a police check for OH for Australia. He did one when he applied for his 176 but they're asking for another one. Im guessing so its a up to date one. I know he sent his other one off by post but had problems with payment as it has to be in dollars and cheques arent excepted unless its a oz bank! Has anyone done a Oz police check on-line?

I went on the Australian Federal Police website, got the info , went to my bank and asked for exactly $45 aus bank draft.....made out to A F P ....doesnt have to be an OZ bank , but is affiliated ? with an Oz bank .....your Bank should know what you need ...they deal with these requests all the time ........hope it helps .....I got my police check back so it was eccepted....

Guest niknak78

Hi SarahRob,

CO is LC, just waiting.......... where are you going in Oz??

Hey Nik,

Was just wondering who your CO is?

Also we are at roughly the same stage so it's all good. Police checks here ready to send but meds booked for next Thursday?

Can't wait to get our last bit out of the way then it's just a case of waiting after that.

Wow you got there a day quicker than me lol!!! If you have a child on the visa then your partner is required to do a police check. Who is your case oficer?

Ive got SV. Will be making appointment for medicals on Monday. Has anyone been to Manchester for their medical? IF you did, did you go to Bridgewater or Whalley Range clinic?

Coming up to the 5 month mark too and not sure whether to book flights or not! Have been told by CO to email mid July and he will process my visa then... Want to fly August 1st! By the way Australian Holidays are good but always call them! don't email! Good luck!

I'm REALLY tempted to book our flights!!!!!! My CO told me back in March that my visa would be approved beginning of August. I was planning to give her a call on Monday and see if we are still on track and if she can give me any indication of when i can book flights. What do you think my chances are?????!!!!! I want to fly around the 20th August, to get my boys into school by the beginnig of september AND i have my wedding details to finalise!!!

Do you think she'll be forthcoming in giving me a date??? Or will i have to bite what's left of my nails down to the quick???

This is driving me nuts!

x

Ive got SV. Will be making appointment for medicals on Monday. Has anyone been to Manchester for their medical? IF you did, did you go to Bridgewater or Whalley Range clinic?

My missus went to the one in the city a couple of years ago, if its still the same one she said tHey were fine

I went to the Whalley Range clinic. It was £260 for everything which was the cheapest out of all the clinics I called. The staff were really nice and friendly and it was done in about 40 minutes. I would definitely recommend it.

Hey i don't reckon she'll give a specific date but may say book your flights at the end of Aug as by then it will deffo be granted! Glad she has told you that it will be granted by a certain date though as we were wondering once our medicals were done and passed will we be told this too, i'm pressuming with having the same CO we should hear about this. We are with an agent for ours so we will just ask the agent once the meds are processed etc. We don't mind how long we wait we just want to know whether we will get the grant or not. Not too bothered about booking flights as to be perfectly honest the only deadline we have is when my resident return visa expires which will be feb next year so tat's not a problem. I could wait for as long as it took providing we knew all along that it is certain. Good luck by the way and keep us updated on how ur visa goes and LG especially lol.