SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Guest wardie77
I have had a look at the spreadsheet and can't seem to add myself onto it, sorry being blonde i know but any advice would be great lol

Hi Sarah, If you add your details on here I will add you to the spreasheet.

BTW do you think it's quicker/slower depending on what country you're in? As in it's always 5-6 months for people applying frmo the UK as there's a high number?

I stumbled on a thread (on PIO) with people from Pakistan discussing processing times and there's were 9 months+

FYI on Medicals...

I've chased my husbands today (a bit eager as has only been 4 working days) and my CO advised they had not recieved it back yet I asked if they would let us know once its recieved back and she said the below:

We don't normally confirm once the medical has been uploaded due to the volume of applications. If you or Paul send me an email early next week, I will check the system then.

I just automatically assumed they would confirm that was recieved! you think they would hey! :huh: but just thought I would put it on here as had seen a couple of peopel talking about it.

I called VF again today and, good news, my meds have been found and it's a pass :) No more info required, I just have to wait for the processing time - 5 months.

Ah right, well maybe in NZ it's quicker? :S as the agency we've been speaking to said 1-3 months and they knew we'd be applying from nz. Not holding my breath for it to be that quick tho.

Have you looked at the Australian embassy in new zealand website? If you go there it will show all the forms etc. for some reason if you click on processing times takes you to the link below, which is fiji but guess its the same as NZ or wouldn't be the link??

http://www.fiji.embassy.gov.au/files/suva/ProcessingTimeframes.pdf

I called VF again today and, good news, my meds have been found and it's a pass :) No more info required, I just have to wait for the processing time - 5 months.

So does this mean that you will definately get the grant once your at this stage or do you still have to wait until the 5 months for definate? Thanks, Sarah.

Hi we are about to send off our application for a spouse 309/100 and wonder if you could tell me if we have enough evidence included. We are a family of 5 (3 children 2 bioogically both and my eldest daughter just mine from a previous marriage)

So:-

Form 47SP - completed by myself

Form 40SP- completed by my husband

Identity for me- Passport; Birth certificate, marriage certificate and dedcree absolute from previous marraige (all certified copies) 4x passport photos.

Identity for husband- Birth certificate, Australian passport; british passport; certficate of citizenship by descent (all certified copies) 2 x passport photos

Eldest daughter- Birth certificate; Passport; Form 1229 signed by my ex husband and a colour copy of his passport; 4 x passport photographs

Two younger children- passport; birth certificate and 4 x passport photographs.

Statements in suport of our relationship completed by each of us; my best frined who has known us as a couple for 16 years (on and off lol) but lives away from us; my Mother-in-Law; A friend who lives locally to us and our child minder.

A selection of bank statements covering the past year evidencing money moving between accounts and paying bills. (I have just highlighted transactions and if necessary labelled them) i will pop in the covering letter what it demonstrates, is that sufficient?

The last 3 years p60s for both of us

Contracts for the past 5 years for both of us

Child Tax credits for this year in both of our names (dated April 2012)

Loan agreement in both of our names (bizarely though this isn't dated, I just copied the front page)

Council tax notice in both our names for this year Dated March 2012

Water Bill for this year in both our names dated Feb 12

Nature of the House hold-

Tenancy agreement for current property dated 31 Aug 2010 and a letter dated mar 2012 regarding a rent increase

Tenancy from previous property dated 17th May 2007

Social context of the relationship

Scan of boarding passes and hotel cards but only from our honeymoon

Flight confirmation for upcoming travel arrangements for a weekend away together

Nature of commitment-

A bundle of emails detailing the start of our relationship whilst me and my husband were seperated initially

5 pages of pictures dating back to 2007 of us both at various family occassions and our wedding/honeymoon

A small bindle of photocopied wedding invites and christmas cards, anniversary cards to us both

A bundle of anniversary/ birthday cards to each other.

We don't have a lot to demonstrate future commitmenta s we don't have many assets and no wills, but our statements do giv great detail about our relationship and future plans etc.

It doesn't feel like enough now taht I write it down but sort of going ott with things like car insurance and electricity bills etc then I can't think what else to add. We are fairly straight forward as we are married with 3 kids. Eeek what do you reckon????

Hi. Sounds good but I'm no expert! Same situation as you (married with four children been together for years) but we used a migration agent and they made us find a piece of evidence for every month from the past two years - which seems a bit much. We included no photos or joint invites (don't keep invites) and our migration agent said no need for photos. Ironically, we moved from Helston in September 2010 having lived their for five years! Our stats are as follows:

Application submitted on 05/04/2012

Request for meds and police check 12/04/2012 (It seemed to be a long wait whereas others hear back within a few days)

Medical done on 10/05/2012

CO confirmed nothing else needed and visa grant would be mid September

(Case officer is SV)

So does this mean that you will definately get the grant once your at this stage or do you still have to wait until the 5 months for definate? Thanks, Sarah.

Well I passed the medical, the police didn't find any dirt on me and my OP is "...now satisfied that all outstanding documents have been provided." so yes, nothing more to do than wait for the processing time and "be out of Australia for a minimum of 3 working days for the grant to go through."

k8bug79 have you got 2 Aussie stat decs?

Wills would be a good idea (irrespective of assets!). Are you named as beneficiaries of each others pensions?

Thanks John and Eliza.

We are a bit poor on the old forward planning, always intended to get wills but same old story, costs and time etc. We both have very small pensions my husband started his recently with his company and I understand as a spouse I automatically inherit it upon his death so I am not named in it. I haven't paid into mine since before we were together, again due to circumstances.

We don't have 2 x Australian stat decs because we don't know anyone in Oz, well only some distant family who don't know us as a couple. It does say if ts not possible to have 2 Oz stat decs to get someone from your own country.

Eliza, we moved into Helston in 1st Sept 2010 lol. However I grew up here so was coming home.

Thanks John and Eliza.

We are a bit poor on the old forward planning, always intended to get wills but same old story, costs and time etc. We both have very small pensions my husband started his recently with his company and I understand as a spouse I automatically inherit it upon his death so I am not named in it. I haven't paid into mine since before we were together, again due to circumstances.

We don't have 2 x Australian stat decs because we don't know anyone in Oz, well only some distant family who don't know us as a couple. It does say if ts not possible to have 2 Oz stat decs to get someone from your own country.

Eliza, we moved into Helston in 1st Sept 2010 lol. However I grew up here so was coming home.

You should be fine with that. We don't have wills so couldn't send them, supplied basically everything you have got and we were ok. If the CO wants more they will ask for it.

Thanks, I keep going with that theory, my husband is concerned they'll take our money and refuse it.

On another issue we are hoping to get our application off on Monday in for Tuesday. As we want to try and beat the 1st July price hike. However I am waiting for the outcome of an interview for a really good job in this country which would see us delaying our application by a year or so. But we are concerned that the later we file this week the more likely they are to "hold on" to the payment mandate until Monday and apply the new prices. Do you think that is likely? The interview was almost 2 weeks ago and I called on Friday presuming I hadn't got the job but they were still deciding and hoping to let people know early next week. We reason we can hold off posting til Tuesday afternoon, to ensure arrival Wednesday (special delivery). I see that they mostly take payment the same day or following day but worried some ruthless CO may hold out. lol

Got various personal stuff back in the post following the application last week . Cards, photos etc. I am having medical this week and hopefully then that's it - will ask the case officer LG when all the info is in, for an estimated date of grant. fingers crossed once they get into their new year from 1 July things will speed up. !

Thanks John and Eliza.

Hi - just to add we had no wills or stat decs from Australians and we have had no problems/requests for them.

Well I am going to go with what I have got and work with the notion they'll request more if they want it. Just got to get this blumen job to say yay or nay now so I can send it. Going armed with application into work tomorrow so if I get a no I can toddle off to the post office. :-)

Got various personal stuff back in the post following the application last week . Cards, photos etc. I am having medical this week and hopefully then that's it - will ask the case officer LG when all the info is in, for an estimated date of grant. fingers crossed once they get into their new year from 1 July things will speed up. !

Hey this is great, we are booking the medicals today for my partner and son hopefully for the next couple of weeks hey, our CO is LG so we can keep each other up to date hopefully with anything different we know, that would be great! Let me know once you have contacted her as to what she says, this is what i want to do, Many thanks in advance, Sarah.

Hey this is great, we are booking the medicals today for my partner and son hopefully for the next couple of weeks hey, our CO is LG so we can keep each other up to date hopefully with anything different we know, that would be great! Let me know once you have contacted her as to what she says, this is what i want to do, Many thanks in advance, Sarah.

sure, will do .

Hi there,

I am new to this site so will give a few details. I am an Aussie and my partner is applying for a PMV. We are wanting to move to Melbourne as my parents live in Tassie and two of my kids in Adelaide so it's half way! (and better job opportunities for my partner and myself)

Application sent - 15/05/2012

Case officer assigned -17/05/2012 (it's LG)

Medicals requested -17/05/2012 (police check already completed)

Medicals done -07/06/2012

I had heard nothing else until today when I called LG. She confirmed receipt of the medicals and said they were OK and nothing more was needed and to expect result around October.

I also asked about an interview which she said wasn't needed. Is this normal? I thought every couple had to have an interview. Does anyone get turned down on their application?

I really need to be in Oz by the end of November as my son is getting married and I want to be there for that, so really hoping it all comes through.

dianaos

So I got an email from my CO today (MT) and I've just had my meds and police checks requested. Going for my medical tomorrow, already have my UK police check and hopefully the Aus one will arrive soon and I can get it all squared away, get the nod and start planning the big move!

Guest wardie77
Any other March applicants as excited as I am????!!!! Can't believe we are nearly in July. Almost there!!!!!!!

Oh YES!!! Getting ever closer! Over the halfway mark now. Fimgers crossed they start to approve more quickly in the new budget year.