SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Have people been told what visa they will be receiving? We sent our app mid feb, and although no more info is needed, we haven't been told what subclass to expect is this normal?

Hi jimmyciara,

We are similar to what TheGrahams have posted, in that we had to ask specifically which subclass we were being considered for. We asked after sending all the requested bits( medical, police check) as wanted to check these had all arrived.

the wording was something like... I can now inform you that all requirements for the subclass 100 have now been met...

Your case officer should be able to give you an indication

The nature of the household and social context statements are they written from me? Or in a third person sort of way for both of us, do they both need to be signed? and witnessed?? Does everything need to be signed and witnessed?? Neither of these statements are very long either..any pointers?

Thanks in advance :D xx

We did the household statement as a joint statement in 1st person. We both signed it but didn't get it witnessed. The only documents that were witnessed were the statutory decs from Aussie family / friends and the Wills we had drawn up.

The personal statements were 1 page each; the household statement about 1/2 page. Keep it simple, keep it sincere.

Now get on with it :wink:

John

Hey guys..I posted on here a while ago and then forgot my password so I couldn't get back on for a while..haha stoopid me :D

Hope you are all well.

I STILL haven't sent my visa off, been a little slack if I am honest but planning to get it sent off over the weekend.

Just a bit of advice really..The nature of the household and social context statements are they written from me? Or in a third person sort of way for both of us, do they both need to be signed? and witnessed?? Does everything need to be signed and witnessed?? Neither of these statements are very long either..any pointers?

Thanks in advance :D xx

Hi EllieB,

Yes, takes ages to get all the stuff together doesn't it! Like being back at school!!

For the nature of the house hold I typed up some pages with bullet points of info addressing things similar to what they suggest in the booklet,

eg division of household tasks, who does what with kids, who works when, who pays child are etc. then I put in a list of the paper evidence I supplied that went to support that category. Then I put it together with a big paper clip( no staples apparently, as they want to quickly scan the stuff) to indicate that all this paper addressed The Nature of our Household.

Social context similar, firstly bullet point listed things we do together, joint memberships, overseas wedding attended. Then listed the evidence I wa supplying to support this (as I recall was mainly photos of us doing stuff abroad or with mates, some wedding invites), then paper clipped all this together.

Down the bottom of almost every page me or hubby typed we put a little statement( that I copied off the last couple of pages of the application,) saying something along the lines of declaring the above information to be true and accurate to the best of my knowledge. Then we printed names and also both signed the forms. Don't take this stuff to the notary public, else will cost a bundle ( we only took passport copies, birth certifs, wedding certifs, pay slips for the notary)

Hope this helps you. Best of luck. :-)

That's great thanks katyjc and johnboyW.

Definitely like being back at school and I think I am starting to over think things. I just don't wanna get anything wrong!!

Definitely need to get on with it though. Fingers crossed I should have everything finalised this weekend.

Does anyone know how much the medical checks cost roughly?

x

Hello all, I've just sent my application off today after having been a lurker on this site for a long time I thought I may as well 'fess up.

I've already remembered one thing I forgot to complete....the checklist at the end of the form. Now my mind is racing with thoughts that that's not the only thing etc etc. I've never been so paranoid!

Guest charleysmum74

Informed all docs now received by SV, was just waiting for fed police cert which took ages to come back. Told visa will be granted early Sept, with the usual it could be longer. Applied early April. Leave in less than a month now, entering on tourist visa as hubby has got a job. Told I will need to leave Aus for 3 days at time of visa grant. Visa is going to be sub class 100, permanent. I have been with my husband 6 years, married for nearly 4, and we have a 4 1/2 year old son who was born in UK but we have his Australian citizenship, and my husband went to London last week to apply for his Aussie passport.

Good luck everyone, I notice a few new people at the start of the process :)

That's great thanks katyjc and johnboyW.

Definitely like being back at school and I think I am starting to over think things. I just don't wanna get anything wrong!!

Definitely need to get on with it though. Fingers crossed I should have everything finalised this weekend.

Does anyone know how much the medical checks cost roughly?

x

My husbands was £290(in Birmingham ). From reading other posts they seem to go from about £200- £290ish

Guest jubjub87

Hey guys,

i was wondering if anyone could help me out. I want to return to australia on a tourist visa while waiting for my prospective marriage visa to process. I wanted to know how long i would have to be out of the country before applying for the tourist visa though after i spent 2 years on a working holiday. By the time i intend to apply, i will have been out of oz for 4 months. is this a sufficient amount of time to leave it? I will have a return ticket. However, my fiance will be supporting me as i am not working at the minute.And when i get the pmv i will then work. I just dont want to get hassled at the border.

Thanks

Guest Chelsea976
Thanks Chelsea :)

Yes I called again today and finally spoke to VF. She's very friendly and helpful. Unfortunately she was at a total loss as to what's happened to my medical results (I had the medical on 31st). Lost in the system it would seem; she wasn't even aware that I'd had my medical, so it's a good job I called her. She's going to contact the Sydney team to see if they've received anything from the clinic.

She has received the police certificate and other info requested, so it's just the Medical outstanding.

How is your partner's visa app progressing?

Gee is lucky you chased up!! my husbands medical was last Wednesday and Ive chased today only because I had some other questions I was trying to get a month of when it will be "approved" but the CO stuck to the 5-6 months but did add that was subject to change. So for us now its just waiting on the medical to come back....(hate waiting) But i have booked a shipping company today and done some other bits and pieces for the move :smile:

Guest Chelsea976

FYI on Medicals...

I've chased my husbands today (a bit eager as has only been 4 working days) and my CO advised they had not recieved it back yet I asked if they would let us know once its recieved back and she said the below:

We don't normally confirm once the medical has been uploaded due to the volume of applications. If you or Paul send me an email early next week, I will check the system then.

I just automatically assumed they would confirm that was recieved! you think they would hey! :huh: but just thought I would put it on here as had seen a couple of peopel talking about it.

Guest Columbo
Hi

I've not been on this forum for a while.

My stats : posted April 5th ...CO assigned April 8th (SV)

Medical requested and completed April 11th

Email from SV saying no further documents required and being put forward for perm visa.

Nothing else.

Its June and I'm not thinking of emailing to see when it will be processed.

Anyone else have SV and applied in April/late March?

regards

Jane

Hi Jane,

I submitted my application and CO SV confirmed receipt on 28 March and requested Medical & Police clearance. Received email on 04 May advising they have all the reqd documents. No mention of which Visa. Advised Visa should be granted end of August.

Regards

I guess you are next Mel! Good luck & please let us know :)

Promise you'll know soon after we do! At the moment our CO is being elusive...when you make it to '5-6 months', that month will drive you crazy!! Only 8 working days til end of financial year (and hopefully the cap) :err:

Edited by Mel14

Guest wardie77
Promise you'll know soon after we do! At the moment our CO is being elusive...when you make it to '5-6 months', that month will drive you crazy!! Only 8 working days til end of financial year (and hopefully the cap) :err:

Fingers crossed for you Mel! BTW who is your CO? (Initials only)

Guest charleysmum74
Hi Jane,

I submitted my application and CO SV confirmed receipt on 28 March and requested Medical & Police clearance. Received email on 04 May advising they have all the reqd documents. No mention of which Visa. Advised Visa should be granted end of August.

Regards

Hi there,

I submitted 11th April, co also SV. She told me that my 100 visa will be granted early September. I'm entering on a tourist visa, co said not to worry about immigration at Oz end as they have access to the system and all my details are on there. I will have to leave for 3 days when my visa is granted. I'm going in just over 3 weeks, hubby has a job, I will have job of ffinding us a house in Melbourne which will be no mean feat!!

Guest charleysmum74

Hi Mel, what cap is that? C

Emailed my CO today (AB) and asked what visa hubby is going to be getting - he is going straight on the 100!! yay very happy. Medical is booked for the 4th July and then just the waiting but at least everything is almost done. Happy it is all coming together.

Cool, we have received advice from an agent, but were hoping to just do it ourselves as it'll be much cheaper! For the temporary partner visa 309 did anyone include their medical and police checks with their application? Or is it best to wait until CO requests it?

Brit chick, the forms are all online and they are straight forward. It may take you a bit of time to gather up supporting information for your visa, but if there are gaps or information missing your CO should give you the opportunity to address these and send further information within a certain time frame. Our CO even gave us suggestions as to was additional evidence was suitable.

Everyones application is different.

You really don't need a migration agent unless you have a very complicated case!

Things you will need to read are

Which visa to apply for general info : http://www.immi.gov.au/migrants/family/family-visas-partner.htm

Brit chick if yours is the 309 you will prob be looking at :http://www.immi.gov.au/migrants/partners/partner/309-100/ <-- everything you need is in this one, including forms etc

Its really important you read this booklet and base your application on it http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/books1.htm

Form filling

One for you (the applicant ) http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/47sp.pdf

One for your other half (the sponsor) http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/40sp.pdf

One if you have kiddies http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/47a.pdf

Other info

* statements (one from you, one from partner) outlining how you met etc, when you decided to be "defacto", how the house runs etc, everything you need to include is in the booklet above http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/books1.htm

*Statutory declarations should be filled out by family and friends http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/888.pdf

Get them to outline your living arrangements, how you met etc and how wonderful you are as a couple. These need to be signed by a solicitor in the uk/ireland, although if you are in Oz any of the professionals can sign them off.

* Evidence of being a couple for a year- can be tricky see here http://www.immi.gov.au/media/fact-sheets/35relationship.htm

Include things such as

• joint leases for houses, joint bills, council tax, wills or mortgage stuff.

• Bank statements for both of you, at the same address for the past year (best send a month or 2 over if you can)

• Joint invitations to weddings etc

• a few (but not loads) of picture of you and the OT at events

- this isn't an extensive list - just a few ideas. Things will start to come to you when you start to put it all together!

* Your other half will have to provide evidence on how he can support you.

If you look on the really useful check list DIAC provide it should make this a bit easier to compile http://www.immi.gov.au/migrants/_pdf/309-100-checklist.pdf

Police check and medicals

* police checks are done through here http://www.acro.police.uk/police_certificates.aspx

I would wait until you are asked for them- they are quick enough at issuing them and it wont hold your visa up

* medicals cant be carried out until you have a number from your CO to book - one less thing to worry about for now

Phew, hope I havent put you off. Honestly it is straight forward if you read the booklet and send everything the checklist asks for .

Plus you have PIO forum - we've all been through it on here :) Good luck on your application!

Thanks! I have started to read the booklet, have bookmarked all forms for it....I think all forms! all the ones you said plus form 26 which is the health check one but won't do that til they ask for my medical to be done. As for evidence we have a 6 month tenancy agreement, bills in our name, photos, stat decs, will get unofficial decs from family, a stat dec from someone we know in aus, print outs of our travel thread on here, paul can get a bank statement to show his balance as he has significant money which can help get us started in aus, and we can print off statements from both of us showing we paid money into each others accounts. Oh and plane tickets together and other tickets and a wedding invite from pauls family AND cards to both of us. should be enough shouldn't it? lol.

We are applying from NZ (both uk citizens tho) and we already have a folder with msot of our evidence in it, gonna take it to NZ with us!

Edited by BritChickx