SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Not got a clue. This is from the email. I am assuming this is to ensure that the Visa is with you ready for when you have to go back through immigration.

'While processing is carried out, you may travel to Australia on an alternative, appropriate visa.

If you are in Australia when I am ready to grant the visa I'll email you asking you to arrange to leave Australia - many clients take a short trip to New Zealand, for example. You will need to be out of Australia for a minimum of 3 working days for the grant to go through.

I'll then email you the grant letter with visa grant number. You should take a copy of that letter and your passport with you when you re-enter Australia. You will need to re-enter Australia before 5/4/2013 to activate that visa.'

Mine has been fantastic. Lots of information and always available when i phone the direct line. Advised me to not book a flight til early august to make sure i have my visa, but as mentioned already booked the flight for the 8th August. Told me to contact them closer to date to check on processing situation and i 'might be lucky'.

So in effect you are looking at 5 months and so should be fine. We are hoping for 4 months. Hubby has to leave 0z 25th may as his 3 month tourist visa expires. ( that will be the 4 month Mark for visa) we can't afford to have to leave the country several times!!

Guest jane2010

Hi Lindade....

I just contacted the clinic where I got my medicals done. They said that it was sent to Australia on Saturday (so 21/4).

I'm assuming this is by e-clinic - the receptionist sounded aroun 90% sure!

How long does it normally take for the medicals to reach Australia House in London.

I lodged a paper application with them - but then had the e-clinic used for medical results.

Do all the medicals get sent to Australia - Australia!

Im feeling a bit stressed today as I emailed my CO last night and still i haven't had a reply.....hope its not going into her junk mail.

Jane

Guest jane2010

its frustrating - i understand they have large case loads -but some on here say their CO replies quickly.

anyone else having same problem?

Can anyone answer if your medical results go to Australia - then thye get sent to Australia House London?

its frustrating - i understand they have large case loads -but some on here say their CO replies quickly.

anyone else having same problem?

Can anyone answer if your medical results go to Australia - then thye get sent to Australia House London?

My husbands medical results got sent to Sydney by mistake. It's no problem at all, I explained this to our CO, she looked on the system as thy a linked (or something like that) and got the details straight away. We only found out this happened after a phone call to where my husband had his examination. I was worried that this may cause a delay but it's no problem. Hope that helps.

AC

Forgot to say it was sent as a paper copy.

Edited by aussiechick2006

Guest jane2010

Hi Aussiechick

I've re-checked my original email from CO when requesting medicals. It stated that i require a eHealth medical check - which is submitted to Sydney electronically....i suppose I'm in the same boat as you - CO just needs to look at them? Surely they know this already or why else would they ask to get an ehealth done. Grrrr.....just wish CO would answer!

Guest cols1480

Hi all

Am really impressed with the threads on this site and the insightful info that everyone has written. Was hoping that I could get some advice on a Partner Visa (subclass 309, 100). I am an Australia citizen by birth but have been living in the UK for 6 years where I met my fiance. We are wanting to move back to Australia early next year so have began lengthy process of his visa application. We are under the impression that it is between 6 - 9 months currently.

I have printed the checklist that comes with the applications and have been slowly ticking off. Below is what we have gathered together - do people think this is sufficient to go ahead?

- completed 47 SP and 40SP forms with certified birth certificates and passports for proof of identity

-for my 40 SP I have also attached 12 months of payslips and a letter from my employer stating my annual salary and length of employment

Evidence of genuine relationship

- 12 months of bank statements from our joint bank account

- council tax demand notices with both of our names on it

-tenancy agreement

- car insurance with both our names on it

- our wills (mirror wills)

- photocopies of letters addressed to my partner and I at our residence

-invitations to weddings and thank you cards to both of us

-print out of flight bookings we have taken together

- handful of photographs of us together on holidays and social occassions

- stat decs from my parents, his parents and a friend from Australia and London saying how much we are in love! :)

- statements from my partner and I about the history and the future of our relationship

-statement from my partner and I and how we divide domestic duties

Statement of my sponsorship obligations

- statement from me about how I will met my sponsorship obligations

- stat dec from parents stating we can stay with them when we first arrive

- evidence of contacting future employers in Australia

- certified copies of my qualifications including university transcript

- property deed of my property in Australia

- my bank statements

Is there any else people would suggest we put in? We are getting married in June, but want to put our application in sooner. Should we include a copy of our Notice of Marriage? Also as we live in London, would people suggest we take the application in person to Australia House?

Do people suggest my partner having a police check before we hand in the application and hand it with the other pieces of information?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated - sorry for all the questions!

Thank you

Guest jane2010

Hi Cols

That is more then enoguh information to send - what i would add if you can is utility bills - water gas and any council tax bills in joint names.

You can lodge it at Australia House - but dont think it makes your application go any quicker!

I front loaded my application with my Police Cert. I was then asked to do the medical after CO was assigned. Im just stressing about those results getting to my Co.

Good luck with it all -will all be worth it!

Jane

Guest nimhug

Hi Cols, it seems like you have the lot! If you submit your notice of marriage you may need to apply for a Prospective Marriage Visa (PMV) Subclass 300...'This visa allows you to enter Australia and marry your intended fiancé within the visa's nine month validity period'. Not too sure about this but it may be worth checking out if you do intend to get married! From looking on here, the waiting lists appear to be 5-6 months at present from Australia House with a lot being processed just after the 5 month mark.

Best of luk with your application!

Guest nimhug
Hi there, thought I'd add ours here...

Application sent: 7th Feb

Money taken: 15th Feb

CO contact: 16th Feb

Medical: 23rd Feb

confirmation everything in order: 14th March

Expected approval: Mid July

CO: SV

Best of luck! Our money was taken on 16th Feb so just a day after you - will be keeping an eye on you!!

Our CO is WP though. Have not seen anyone on here for ages with same CO!!

Agh

got a response from our CO today saying visa won't be granted till late June at the earliest. We submitted it late January's this means that his 3 month tourist visa expires end of may and so hub will have to leave country and then will have to do it again end of June or early July when visa isgranted. So depressed and fed up. Financially we are in such a hole!!

hope other posters aren't doing it so tough.

Agh

got a response from our CO today saying visa won't be granted till late June at the earliest. We submitted it late January's this means that his 3 month tourist visa expires end of may and so hub will have to leave country and then will have to do it again end of June or early July when visa isgranted. So depressed and fed up. Financially we are in such a hole!!

hope other posters aren't doing it so tough.

Hello Playghirl,

I have had the same problem, I was told originally that my visa should be granted 3-4 months from application date,as the CO was processing quicker. However, that date changed and in the last week, apparently the processing time as in fact increased due to a rise in demand and capping. Therefore, my visa is now close to the 6 month mark, which also means I haven't seen my husband for 6 months!!! Feel for you both as it is a stressful time, and I must say this last week as been a nightmare, but have to refocus on the end of July beginnning of August and just keep going. Good Luck!!!!

Guest marmitegirl

309 granted!!

Submitted app in person to Australia House (OFFSHORE) early Nov 2011 and payment taken immediately

CO assigned 2 days later with request for meds

Meds done following week - so within 7 days of submitting, payment taken, CO assigned and meds done

Seperated from parnter for 3 months (too long!) so...

Flew to Aus on tourist visa in Feb

Waited.........

Email from CO saying ready to make a decision and had to leave the country mid April

Left Australia a week later

Visa approved

Returned to Aus 3 days later to activate visa :biggrin:

Its been a long, expensive and stressful 5 and a half month processing time but worth it in the end. Now I'm job hunting!!

Good luck to all those waiting :-)

Hey Marmitegirl,

Congrats & thanks for updating us. So that is approx 164 days. Which puts me on track for 30th August!

If only it was that easy to predict ;)

309 granted!!

Submitted app in person to Australia House (OFFSHORE) early Nov 2011 and payment taken immediately

CO assigned 2 days later with request for meds

Meds done following week - so within 7 days of submitting, payment taken, CO assigned and meds done

Seperated from parnter for 3 months (too long!) so...

Flew to Aus on tourist visa in Feb

Waited.........

Email from CO saying ready to make a decision and had to leave the country mid April

Left Australia a week later

Visa approved

Returned to Aus 3 days later to activate visa :biggrin:

Its been a long, expensive and stressful 5 and a half month processing time but worth it in the end. Now I'm job hunting!!

Good luck to all those waiting :-)

Guest marmitegirl

Thanks playgirl and daveS!

Yes, totally impossible to predict but DIAC treat everyone the same so processing times seems pretty standard. Eager to get on with settling in here now rather than be in limbo

Guest jane2010

Hi

Got an email from my CO - saying don't require any more information. Everything I've provided has been assessed and visa will be granted early September. Happy with that! Was stressing over medical results being lost in post - it seems they had them all fine and dandy!

Now can concentrate on furniture removals and house sales......and relax!

Jane