NURSES - Moving to Australia

Guest JoanneHattersley

Guest tandcmum

when getting copies of documents certified do i need to get every individual page signed, eg. if my transcript is 4 pages long does every page need to be signed or just the 4 pages together as one document?

Guest Chr1s07

I have booked flights and will be travelling to S.E Asia then Australia on the 27th June.

My girlfriend is a nurse and is required to undertake a medical as part of her visa requirement to practice nursing.

We have noticed that to go to our nearest panel doctor in Edinburgh the medical costs £360 and that the medical can be completed in Bangkok for less than £100. A saving of £260 to me is worthwhile having the medical done in Bangkok.

Has anyone on the board done this? Or can see any problems with my plan?

Any advice would be very welcome,,,,

when getting copies of documents certified do i need to get every individual page signed, eg. if my transcript is 4 pages long does every page need to be signed or just the 4 pages together as one document?

No, usually the justice of the peace who signs it has a little stamp and he will mark '1 0f 4' pages and just stamp the front of the document so long as he has seen the originals. That was my experience anyway

I have booked flights and will be travelling to S.E Asia then Australia on the 27th June.

My girlfriend is a nurse and is required to undertake a medical as part of her visa requirement to practice nursing.

We have noticed that to go to our nearest panel doctor in Edinburgh the medical costs £360 and that the medical can be completed in Bangkok for less than £100. A saving of £260 to me is worthwhile having the medical done in Bangkok.

Has anyone on the board done this? Or can see any problems with my plan?

Any advice would be very welcome,,,,

It has to be a DIAC approved panel doctor as approved on their list on the immigration website. Thats what I am led to believe. I am also a nurse due to have medicals in London. Don't cut corners with immigration to save money, we are just doing it to the letter. They hold our future plans in their hands

Quick question.......Do any of you guys know how long the ANMC keep docs before they get rid? I'm going to go through the APHRA process in about a year, ANMC validated me about this time last year. I want ANMC to send APHRA my docs, but don't know if there's a 'cut off' point for them doing this! Can anyone assist?!

Very new and a novice on this site but will try to explain: Due to my not so tender years (although if retirement is aged 65 then I have a good 10+ years left) I need to apply for temporary vis (457) via sponsorship. I am just about to send my documents off to APHRA. My question is: If I ever succeed in getting through the APHRA process do I then approach an agency? Also is it worth applying to more than one agency? I have read other threads which quote that they applied direct to hospitals, and other that they applied for state sponsorship. Thanks for any help

Hi there, people who apply for state sponsorship are applying for a permanent residency visa, in which the state will sponsor them for that visa. As for applying for jobs, you can apply via an agency or directly to a hospital. Check out some Australian hospital websites for advertised jobs. As far as I'm aware, most employers will sponsor you for your 457 visa :cute:

Quick question.......Do any of you guys know how long the ANMC keep docs before they get rid? I'm going to go through the APHRA process in about a year, ANMC validated me about this time last year. I want ANMC to send APHRA my docs, but don't know if there's a 'cut off' point for them doing this! Can anyone assist?!

Hi there, I think ANMC hold on to docs for two years. Even though you won't be applying to AHPRA for about a year, you could just ask ANMC to forward on your docs now, and I believe AHPRA hold on to them for two years aswell.:cute:

Hi folks, i,m a nurse in NI and have just got my ielts results today 7.5 overall..So i,m asking u guys who have applied to the ANMC and also who have applied for your visa,a , do they ask what marks you got in each test or did they just want overall result...Hope this makes sense!!

Hi, I have a question

My ANMAC status online says: Application Approved and I received an e-mail last week from the ANMAC to say a letter of determination will be posted shortly.

Does this mean they will have found me suitable for migration?

I have the online 175 visa application filled out and am itching to press the send button lol

Hi folks, i,m a nurse in NI and have just got my ielts results today 7.5 overall..So i,m asking u guys who have applied to the ANMC and also who have applied for your visa,a , do they ask what marks you got in each test or did they just want overall result...Hope this makes sense!!

Hi there,

you need a 7 in each area you were tested on. You need to request the IELTS centre where you took your test to send a copy of your results to the ANMAC and when you apply for your visa online, they ask for your certificate results number and you can scan in a copy of the certificate.

Hope this helps!:cute:

Guest Luckylou87

Hi guys!

New to this site but have been through this whole post and it's sooo helpful! Thank you to all already :jiggy: I'm just getting started with all of this and I'm hoping to go on a 457 visa. I will be applying for registration with AHPRA first though which looks like a Mammoth task :confused: I was a bit confused about some people saying that following all the handing in of paperwork to AHPRA, that they were registered straight away and yet some others are just eligible to register? Am I just being silly?

Also I was looking to move to Victoria,anyone going through that process just now? Is it taking ages? It allnlooks so stressful but I'm absolutely DESPERATE to go as Ive been a few times now for holidays to visit family and it's definitely the place for me :smile:

Thanks for any help guys!

X

Guest loveaussies
yayyy, 10 months must be the record now.. but I finally got my name on the register yesterday. I can now start work on Monday. Talk about cutting it fine!!!!!!!!!!

Hi ....

Got email saying I am eligible...woohaaaa...but still confusing a bit..can some one please help me..

my email says:--

a letter advising your eligibility will be forwarded to your address in the United Kingdom. This letter is accepted by the Department of immigration when you wish to apply for a visa. On arrival in Australia you will need to present your passport and current visa in person at an AHPRA office for your registration to be finalised. A criminal history check will be also initiated by AHPRA at that time....

what are the next steps I should take....is this means I am not registered? or registered...when I get job I should get police clearance from UK or not...I like to find job in 457..I think that is quicker and cheaper option to go..

please help...guys

Guest robnnic

Hi loveaussies,

I take it to mean you aren't registered until you present your documents, in person, to the AHPRA office....i think eveyone has to do this though.

Hope it helps

Nic

Guest loveaussies
Hi loveaussies,

I take it to mean you aren't registered until you present your documents, in person, to the AHPRA office....i think eveyone has to do this though.

Hope it helps

Nic

What sort of documents really......all the original certificates etc??? oh is that a must for everyone....and this will not stop you from applying for jobs there..right???

Guest robnnic
What sort of documents really......all the original certificates etc??? oh is that a must for everyone....and this will not stop you from applying for jobs there..right???

I think it means passport and maybe the amnac document if one go sent(i don't know how this works) but you can apply for jobs, just explain that you need to go to the office when you arrive....where is the ahpra office??

Guest Luckylou87

Hello!

I've just been in touch with the NMC re the Certificate of good standing and they are sending out out the paperwork for me to fill in but they said that they forward the document onto AHPRA and that I don't see it? But it says on the registration document that we need to include it with the paperwork we send them? So do I just send all the paperwork I can and then get the NMC to forward on my CGS? Just a bit worried it will get lost in the post??

Guest cdchaplin

i sent my cheque and request off 3 wk ago. they sent it this week! i sent forwarding letter to anmac explaining that all extra bits will come direct, I will email them next week to see if they got it yet!! that aLL YOU CAN DO XX

Guest tandcmum

certificate of good standing has to come direct from NMC, its your statement of intial entry onto registration you have to send yourself as far as i know

Guest girlinOZ
Hi Ali,

I'm going out on a 457 visa and getting registered with QNMC, they have'nt asked for a skills test, will I still have to have one when I get there, would hate to do all this and then find I fail a test.

Skills test? I have an Australian nurses license and have lodged my 457 app, the hospital sponsoring me said a skills test was not required. I submitted my CV, nurse's license, employer recommendation letter, and IELTS results.

What skills test is required?:shocked:

Guest girlinOZ
Thanks Donna,

It looks like we are at the same stage of this long drawn out process!! It just seems strange having to ask current employers to sign a CV that covers previous employment - how do they know it is true what is written??? Anyway will give it a go and hope they just agree to do it!

What Court are you going to? We live in Manchester so I will give them a ring and see if I can get an appointment......

Thanks,

Amanda

The nursing license thing with AHPRA is a lot of dramas. I am moving from southern california and worked on this for 11 months before finally getting my Australian nursing license. My b/f and I actually went down in person to the office in Brizzie, and sat down with an administrator for 45 minutes, and that made a huge difference. I started getting my docs together jan, 2010, applied the end of June, just days before the system switched over, visited Brisbane in August and got my license on December 8, and just renewed it the end of may. Good luck! I know how frustrating it is. :arghh: