NURSES - Moving to Australia

Guest JoanneHattersley

Guest NuriootpaSA

Apparently, somebody posted that they have had an LOE and have been given 3 months to front up in Oz to complete their registration. If you have such a letter, please let me know because I have it in writing from AHPRA that it is 12 months. (10 June, 2014).

Apparently Case Officers were wrongly giving the 3 months figure to registrants, and of course, if the process is followed in the preferred steps, it would be impossible to get a job, visa and relocate to Oz within 3 months.

My husband is about to qualify with a BSc (Hons) in Adult Nursing and he is unsure that he will meet all the criteria Ahpra are asking for - particularly 8. Are all/any degree nurses getting registered by Ahpra? We aren't planning to go until he has at least 12 months experience so hadn't planned to apply until he had worked for 3 months but unsure whether he should apply to see if ,even with a degree , there is a problem :-(

My husband is about to qualify with a BSc (Hons) in Adult Nursing and he is unsure that he will meet all the criteria Ahpra are asking for - particularly 8. Are all/any degree nurses getting registered by Ahpra? We aren't planning to go until he has at least 12 months experience so hadn't planned to apply until he had worked for 3 months but unsure whether he should apply to see if ,even with a degree , there is a problem :-(

He'll be fine with a degree, it's only us diploma nurses having problems. Your only issue would be if you're looking to come on PR visa then he may need more experience.

Good luck

He'll be fine with a degree, it's only us diploma nurses having problems. Your only issue would be if you're looking to come on PR visa then he may need more experience.

Good luck

Thanks for the info we were having a panic - it must be so awful for you guys with Diplomas :-(

We already have PR (through me) but he wants some experience before we arrive hopefully by the end of 2015.

Guest The Pom Queen
Ahhh there's the post I've been looking for-obviously now heavily edited ( NurifootpaSA posted 21/07/14) I had tried to find it to read to my husband several days ago as I found the content extremely interesting-everything had frozen and two pages including this post vanished-as I have nothing to lose now I will outrightedly suggest that dark forces where within our midst!

When you say NurifootpaSA was heavily edited you are incorrect, one line was edited as it was in breach of forum rules questioning the admin of the forum, it had nothing to do with any other information. It may be wise to have a refresh of the forum rules that you all agreed to on signing up to our community http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/welcome/91456-forum-rules-guidelines.html I am sure you would agree that if I walked in to one of your homes and started abusing you that you wouldn't just sit there and let me continue.

Now please lets get back on topic, its a stressful time for all of you and I'm sure you all have more important things to worry about than supporting members who break the rules. Any further discussions about moderator action or abusing of the moderators/admin will be removed.

Hi my wife and I are about to apply for a 189 visa based on that she is a nurse of nine years in cardiology but has a diploma. She will complete her degree next May as only has dissertation left but not sure whether to proceed with visa application until after she has complete or should we get it all done then once she has her degree go for APHRA registration as before looks like a pointless exercise. Can we do this?

Advice please

But my understanding is that we will be granted our pr visa and only then do you apply for registration. If that is the case then by then my wife would have her degree so AHPRA would be happy. Just don't want to waste a year as the whole process is not a quick thing as it is.

Hi all -I have received a letter from AHPRA (after 1 month) stating my Register in Principle letter will be sent and has a 3 month expiry (in which time i need to present to an office)! OH NOO! i thought it was 12 months? can i have this extended as we are in no way ready to move - need to apply for visas etc

Hi,

i received my letter the beginning of July and it states I have 12 months! I would definitely dispute it! Good luck :)

Personally if it were me, I would be getting on with my visa application pronto as we never know when they may line up with AHPRA and only accept Degree's, however this is a risk as it could change at any time, just like AHPRA did. Once you have the visa, as long as you do your validation trip you have up to 5 years to get your Diploma upgraded to a Degree and get your AHPRA registration sorted.

Good Luck!

It needs to be done within 12 months of the earliest date of the police checks or medicals (I believe but could be wrong), so if you were to submit now and wait till you were asked for your medicals and police checks it may still be August/September before you would have to validate.

I think in that case, I may be tempted to risk waiting a few months, but its all guess work and everyone will have their own opinion, depending on your views to risk!

At the end of the day, your wife is close to gaining her degree so it wouldn't be the end of the world if ANMAC aligned their process with AHPRA as your wife would still be eligible.

Apparently, somebody posted that they have had an LOE and have been given 3 months to front up in Oz to complete their registration. If you have such a letter, please let me know because I have it in writing from AHPRA that it is 12 months. (10 June, 2014).

Apparently Case Officers were wrongly giving the 3 months figure to registrants, and of course, if the process is followed in the preferred steps, it would be impossible to get a job, visa and relocate to Oz within 3 months.

Hi i received my LOD early July it states i have 1 year to present at an aphra office to complete registration, if not it becomes void and have to do the registration process again. however, if after 6 months i have to bring an up to date registration letter from NMC. that part is stated on back of letter and very easy to miss if you do not read it fully .

But my understanding is that we will be granted our pr visa and only then do you apply for registration. If that is the case then by then my wife would have her degree so AHPRA would be happy. Just don't want to waste a year as the whole process is not a quick thing as it is.

You can apply for registration before applying for a visa, although it's a few years ago, I submitted my skills assessment first, then applied for registration at the same time as the visa. The skills assessment was valid for 2 years.

Edited by ali