NURSES - Moving to Australia

Guest JoanneHattersley

Guest NuriootpaSA

It seems as if the Health Authorities have had enough of AHPRA.

Edited by Cerberus1
Forum rules

Right, I've read it all again. So they haven't issued an LOE then refused to register on presentation of ID etc.

they have issued me LOE based on previous rules but my fear is what if they refuse to finalize the registration once i get to Aussie and i wont be able to work...

I trained 1986-89 before diplomas or degrees. My school of nursing had relocated to a University . After 6 weeks of being passed from department to department going around in circles, I wrote a letter complaining and low and behold a sheet of very faded paper appeared from their archives. It wasn't a full transcript but all my study/ practice hours and placements were on it. Not that it will be any good to me as the new criteria has forgotton about us traditionally trained nurses even though I topped up to a degree .

Don't give up, are there any tutors still around who taught you? They may still have a transcript?

Has APHRA refused to register you with a top up degree??

Hi Everyone I am also in the same boat Dip health 19941997, submitted in may 14 have not heard a thing!!! keep ringing and getting the normal " high volume" response, I just wanted to know what you are all doing for work? i really need to start working somewhere!! if we are employed as carers are we then liable under NMC regs because we are qualified if something goes wrong and the qualified staff dont step upto the plate? thanks in advance also no insult to anyone just a valid question as i am still on the NMC register

No I haven't been refused yet ,but the new criteria requests Initial registration of AQF5 or 6 with top up of AQF7. My initial registration would not be AQF 5 or 6 as it was a professional registration in 1989 ,before the days of diplomas. So technically I don't meet these new requirements. AHPRA wont comment on my chances of getting registered.

Received an email from ANMAC saying they are no longer forwarding documents to AHPRA . So if you are expecting docs to be send to AHPRA you may want to send docs directly to avoid further delay and confusion. Luckily I send to Ahpra And Nmac at the same time. I have copied from my LOD. Hope this helps.

"We no longer provide the service of sending documents to AHPRA for the registration process- this follows their request- if you were seeking that service it is no longer available I am sorry and you will need to follow up with them"

Guest NuriootpaSA
Hi guys my wife has recently sent her registration forms away. She has a diploma in adult nursing. What's the chances of her getting registered?

thanks in advance

Hi Anthony,

To be honest, I don't think anybody can answer that - its a "how long is a piece of string" question.

I managed to get hold of a senior registration officer at AHPRA yesterday. Only took 4 weeks! Apparently my application has been completed its assessment with AHPRA and now forwarded to NMBA for decision. I asked if that means my DipHe qualification was insufficient for registration with AHPRA and the NMBA would assess suitability for bridging "yes" I was then told that AHPRA don't provide a decision on registration, only a recommendation to NMBA based on their assessment, and that NMBA make the decision to register,refuse or refer for bridging. My application will be assessed on 7th Aug...hope they mean this year ....:rolleyes: and I will have a final decision two weeks later (ish)

I managed to get hold of a senior registration officer at AHPRA yesterday. Only took 4 weeks! Apparently my application has been completed its assessment with AHPRA and now forwarded to NMBA for decision. I asked if that means my DipHe qualification was insufficient for registration with AHPRA and the NMBA would assess suitability for bridging "yes" I was then told that AHPRA don't provide a decision on registration, only a recommendation to NMBA based on their assessment, and that NMBA make the decision to register,refuse or refer for bridging. My application will be assessed on 7th Aug...hope they mean this year ....:rolleyes: and I will have a final decision two weeks later (ish)

It may go to the NMBA for final assessment, but if AHPRA have already 'wrongly' assessed us at AQF6, that's all the NMBA will see, and that's not enough to register! That's why they will look at post reg quals! Not that it seems to help! No one from AHPRA has yet been able to justify this AQF assessment of our diploma! As it's so wrong!

Edited by geordiegirl68
error

Morning all

I have heard back from ahpra overnight, in regards to anmac not being allowed to forward documents to ahpra anymore. They want it directly from the applicants to ensure the integrity of both the source and the documents to protect the public?! No real explanation as to the changes just a lot of words that I can see straight through:err:

Maybe we should be asking What is Happening with PIO???? members posts have been removed and it seems whole pages have vanished??

Perhaps it's a glitch in the system because I'm sure you're not suggesting that whole pages have been deleted lol .... but for those who think they might have been, I can assure you that they haven't and on my computer this thread is at page 83 at the moment with 829 posts

Hi all -I have received a letter from AHPRA (after 1 month) stating my Register in Principle letter will be sent and has a 3 month expiry (in which time i need to present to an office)! OH NOO! i thought it was 12 months? can i have this extended as we are in no way ready to move - need to apply for visas etc

Hi, does anyone understand the criteria 1-8 that RGN's and Midwives have to adhere to regarding obtaining registration. Criteria 6 is requesting that I or my UNi send A curriculum/syllabus /handbook,outlining the components of the course that you took to become a midwife along with evidence to meet criteria 2 and 8 - UNi's are loath to do this as they have to drag the template onto the desktop, complete it and then print onto headed paper and then post directly to AHPRA and as for posting them a hefty handbook this isn't going to happen, and who at AHPRA is going to read it to make sure that it meets with requirements! Does anyone know an easy way around these criteria's ... oh and criteria 3 is a nightmare too as NMC take over a month to respond

Ahhh there's the post I've been looking for-obviously now heavily edited ( NurifootpaSA posted 21/07/14) I had tried to find it to read to my husband several days ago as I found the content extremely interesting-everything had frozen and two pages including this post vanished-as I have nothing to lose now I will outrightedly suggest that dark forces where within our midst!

Edited by Lilchaser1

What??? No way!! Ahpra said its 12 months to present on Twitter! That seems quick to get an LOE in 1 month too! Are you degree only trained?

hi yes - I have also been registered in OZ before so mines was really a renewal - I still had to send off certified documents (£5 / document at local lawyers) and letters from all my employers in last 5 years. Then i arranged it all in a display wallet so it was easy to sift through at the australia end. I am going to disput the 3 months - who can get a visa in that time?