NURSES - Moving to Australia

Guest JoanneHattersley

hi there,

i am struggling with my CPD bit with registration and wandered if anyone could provide a format/example of what they sent? would be much appreciated

I sent a copy of an e-mail from my clinical facilitator showing all the courses I had undertaken and stating my competencies (cannulation, male catheterisation etc) I also got her to sign it and include her contact details incase they wished to verify it.

Hi all, I am a newbie, my husband may be commencing employment in Brisbane 2013.

I have a stupid quesiton Im hoping you can help with! Just wondering if my visa needs to already be granted before I can apply to APHRA? Or can I do the applicaiton whilst awaiting my visa? I am probably going to be the secondary applicant on a 457 visa.

xx

Hi all, I am a newbie, my husband may be commencing employment in Brisbane 2013.

I have a stupid quesiton Im hoping you can help with! Just wondering if my visa needs to already be granted before I can apply to APHRA? Or can I do the applicaiton whilst awaiting my visa? I am probably going to be the secondary applicant on a 457 visa.

xx

You can apply anytime, APHRA doesn't need you to have a visa to apply. You will need to go to Australia to finish the identity process though to get full registration rather than just eligibility.

thanks for ur reply- much appreciated. i don't plan to start work immediately on our arrival will be getting settled in and spending time with my little boy.

so i assume that final part that you mention i can just do on my arrival? can i apply for work before i have done that, would i be offered work with eligibility only?

i would like to at least know i am registered with an agency when i get there.

sorry for asking more questions!

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

thanks for ur reply- much appreciated. i don't plan to start work immediately on our arrival will be getting settled in and spending time with my little boy.

so i assume that final part that you mention i can just do on my arrival? can i apply for work before i have done that, would i be offered work with eligibility only?

i would like to at least know i am registered with an agency when i get there.

sorry for asking more questions!

You need to ensure that you set up the UK end before you go. NMC will send a statement of good standing to APHRA, and transcripts if you need them. You need to arrange a Statement of Service (basically a reference which includes the dates of employment, hours and roles/duties). Trying to sort out later would be a big problem with the time difference

If you went to Uni you need to arrange an academic transcript/syllabus which APHRA prefer sent direct to them from the Uni.

Given the difficulties that APHRA can give some nurses in terms of additional paperwork asked for; if it was me I would do this before coming over and get eligibility. This is valid for a year. When you get to australia you can then take your time to complete and finish registration. You need to be registered to work, not just eligible.

It takes several weeks to arrange paperwork, proof of english education etc

Hi friends, I require your suggestions please! My girlfriend who holds a Bachelor of Nursing Degree from Australian University in Sydney. For nursing registration, she had to get IELTS each band 7 or OET Each Band B. After 3 attempts, she finally managed to get OET all B's 2 days back which makes her eligible for nursing registration with ARHPA if I am correct. Her student visa is going to expire at the end of this month. I heard for ARHPA, it takes 5-6 weeks before she can get her assessment so that she can apply for 485 visa (TR visa for 18 months). I just want to know what can be done at this moment of time so that she can remain in Oz after her visa expires. May be I am missing something, but I would really appreciate if anyone can guide us. Thank you

Hi friends, I require your suggestions please! My girlfriend who holds a Bachelor of Nursing Degree from Australian University in Sydney. For nursing registration, she had to get IELTS each band 7 or OET Each Band B. After 3 attempts, she finally managed to get OET all B's 2 days back which makes her eligible for nursing registration with ARHPA if I am correct. Her student visa is going to expire at the end of this month. I heard for ARHPA, it takes 5-6 weeks before she can get her assessment so that she can apply for 485 visa (TR visa for 18 months). I just want to know what can be done at this moment of time so that she can remain in Oz after her visa expires. May be I am missing something, but I would really appreciate if anyone can guide us. Thank you

where is your girlfriend from?

Hi all,

My husband and I are both nurses, looking to apply for a 189 working visa (I think? This seems like the best option to me).

My husband will be the main applicant as he is the primary earner in our family - he needs to get 7 in the IELTS to have enough points.

My question is, do I need to the IELTS as well? I read on the site that if you are from the EU you automatically get 'competent'. Is this is the English Language proficiency? It seems to be quite contradictory, in one sentence it says all international nurses have to do it, then in another it says about the EU and competences.

If i've read that correctly, will I still be able to work in Australia if I register through anmac but don't have the full 60 points for the visa myself? I can get a visa through my husband.

It's all very confusing. Can someone please help? Thanks!

You need to ensure that you set up the UK end before you go. NMC will send a statement of good standing to APHRA, and transcripts if you need them. You need to arrange a Statement of Service (basically a reference which includes the dates of employment, hours and roles/duties). Trying to sort out later would be a big problem with the time difference

If you went to Uni you need to arrange an academic transcript/syllabus which APHRA prefer sent direct to them from the Uni.

Given the difficulties that APHRA can give some nurses in terms of additional paperwork asked for; if it was me I would do this before coming over and get eligibility. This is valid for a year. When you get to australia you can then take your time to complete and finish registration. You need to be registered to work, not just eligible.

It takes several weeks to arrange paperwork, proof of english education etc

Thanks for your advice, I probably wasn't clear on my last post but my intention was to geteligibility sorted whilst still in UK anyway then register once in oz. So relieved I can get some of it done before the visa comes through as it is so tim consuming I dont want it to create hold ups in me and my little boy going over (if my husbands job does get confirmed he will be heading over before us.)

xx

Hello

Does anyone know if the Board of Nursing will accept certificates only for GCSES and A-Levels as I don't have the academic manuscripts for these courses. I want to prove I have studied full-time in England because I don't want to waste money on sitting an English exam!

Kind regards,

Alicia

Guest forgetmenot

Hi, could anyone advice me on which visa to apply on, im a 48yr old pediatric nurse, i have just finished my degree in pediatric nursing,

iv'e been looking at visas but im not sure which one to apply for, im hoping to go to brisbane.

thanks

I think we do need to go back as far as gcses to prove that we have studied in English. There's not very much clear info on this out there! Can anyone else out there help us please? :chatterbox:

Hi Lis1981. Unfortunately APHRA will only accept an IELTS test they will not consider any other English test result. I had mixed feelings on this and investigated it thoroughly and sadly there is no way around it you need to sit the academic ielts test and score a minimum of 7 in each category. Hope this helps x

I think we do need to go back as far as gcses to prove that we have studied in English. There's not very much clear info on this out there! Can anyone else out there help us please? :chatterbox:

Hi lisa

I have just completed my AHPRA registration in nsw. I supplied my o level certificates, a level certificates both which had the name of the school and college on them and then my training transcripts supplied directly from the university and this has been accepted with no problems. I think you only need to provide ilets if you are applying for a skills assessment for a pr visa. I'm being sponsored on a 457. Hope that helps.

hi there!

i will be moving to Brisbane early 2013 on a 457 visa (i am second applicant). i am starting all the application for eligibility with aphra etc.

do i HAVE to do the ielts if i can provide evidence i was educated in English? and is it compulsory for a medical?i am hoping just to do a few casual agency shifts.

Hello,

I have been granted an eligibility to work in Australia I just need to go out there to finalize it. I have a holiday booked for March but would be unable to move over there until the end of 2013/beg 2014, does anyone know what type of visa I would have to go out on to do this. Also do i need to have a job lined up or accommodation in Australia before I can get my registration completed? Looked on the forums but cant find anything relating to this, its obviously a strange situation to have my registration and not be moving straight away, due to personal circumstances that isnt possible at the minute but i don't want to waste the application and go through it all again! It been hard enough as it is ha ha

thank you

sam

Hi i heard back from western australian european office and they said that you dont need to to have done an ielts if you have completed 5 consecutive years study in an english speaking country , such as UK. but my schooling and the exams i sat were back in 1980-85 i have a Deputy head teacher who is still at the school and remembers me writing me a letter, which includes my results as i never had any certificates, Will this be enough???? or should i just bite the bullet and go for the english test and have done with it.

Its all very confusing what with the new immiagration stuff as well. Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had the same problem and contacted AHPRA for advice. They told me to complete a Commonwealth of Australia, Statutory Declaration and have this notorised with my other documents. Had no problem when it was sent back. You get the form from the link below

http://www.ag.gov.au/Statutorydeclarations/Pages/default.aspx

You need to state the followingI declare I attended 5 years of full time secondary education programmes in the United Kingdom during the period ???? - ????.

Education history:

????-???? School name

Address line 1

Address line 2

Address line 3

County

Postcode

Education programme - 5 yr Standard Secondary Education Curriculum taught and assessed in English.

Hi everyone!

Looking to start the process in the next 18 months or so, however just wondering.....I am a qualified nurse with 9 months experience to date, I am pondering whether to do my midwifery shortened course (18 months) starting Sept 2013. Is it better to go over with a degree? Is it better to be dual qualified with regards to job prostpects? Could i do a shortened midwifery course in Oz would a hospital second me to do this like they do in the UK?