ACS - Awaiting Documents

debbie2302

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fingers crossed you get the answer asap Debbie its been along time coming for you!:hug:

Thanks Cath, it certainly has been a long time coming for us, but only another week or so to go now hopefully, and lets hope we get them extra MODL points that we so desparately need for our 175 visa.

Debbie

xxx

Guest jinjoid

Threespire - You must let us know how you get on with the IELTS test, I have to do that as well but was waiting to see if I got a positive from the ACS. I'm 40 so I need BOTH. How did you find the test? I've done some research and it doesn't look too bad. Good luck with the ACS, I too am a Software Development Manager, thankfully still very much hands on so I do still work with my speciality although not as much as the developers who work for me.

James

Guest jinjoid
CONGRATULATIONS James, so pleased for you, we are still waiting for our results, unfortunately got to wait for the letter to come over from oz as our agent is based here in the UK, we need the modl pts too to be able to apply for a 175 visa.

Debbie

xxx

Thanks, I feel for your Debbie, I can't believe that there isn't some way to retrieve an electronic copy of the letter. I hate to say this but my letter got lost in the post on the way to my agent and he had to ask for them to resend it. He knew this because he was receiving letters for others that got a decision AFTER me. I hope this isn't the case for you and that it arrives today.

James

Guest threespire

Morning James and Debbie (and everyone!!),

Well today is a good day !IELTS arrived and Nay (hubs) is a little superstar !! He got two 8 scores, one 8.5 and one 9 !!!Yeah !!!!! Sure you already know but you need four 7's to claim proficient points - so that's another box ticked !!!!:jiggy:

He is still hands on to some extent too, but like you say not as much as the developers.

Our main worry with ACS is that although Nay has a degree which is IT based, his university have no records prior to 1995 to show what he studied in each ytear and which modules he sat as they were changing from paper to electronic student record systems. So we have his degree testamur to show degree achieved and final year transcript which shows the modules and marks, but nothing for years 1-3. We got the Uni to write a letter explaining all this, and we got a copy of the entire syllabus (had to have every page stamped and signed to show it was original) for his course and he's done a stat dec stating which modules he studied, so fingers crossed that will suffice and he'll get a Group A or B pass; otherwise ecven though he's got a degree they may come back and say they can't validate the level of IT content and ask us to start again with an RPL which will hold things up even more ?!!!!:mad:

Debbiue I hope you hear real soon,

Love to you all,

Kirst xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Guest jinjoid

I didn't have records of the modules taken in the first year and the University doesn't have them either, they wrote me a letter stating this and it seemed to work out OK. As for the IELTS. WELL DONE! How much did you prepare for it?

James

Guest threespire

Thanks James and Sue,

James to be honest Nathan did very little prep, we found one lot of examples on the net and he did those. Basically you do 4 tests (reading, writing and listening all an hour each) then a spoken interview which lasts about 20 mins. The writing test is usually one letter and one "discuss" type paper. Reading is a comprehension type thing where you read a document then answer questions on it and the listening (Nathan said this was the hardest bit as they go so fast and he said you'd stand no chance if you didn't speak "proper English!!", is a multi-guess listen aand choose the right response I think. Now he's sat it and from what we'd heard it's really nothing to worry about and if you have an education (which you clearly do from being at Uni!) and are a professional you should breeze it. We had heard (and this is others opinion and not mine / ours !!!!) that non-professionals may struggle a little purely because they don't tend to have the same level of education - but that's not for me to say !! All I can say is in our experience it is nothing at all to worry about and certainly don't spend forever preparing, just have a look at a couple of examples and you'll be well away!

Sue - we've seen the RPL form and it looks a monster so we're really hoping it's all ok too! James, thankyou for telling us you had a similar experience and got through ACS. What degree did you do / get and where was it from if you don't mind me asking? Also what % content was IT or IT relevant?

Nathan's degree is BSc (Hons) Technology Management (Software systems) but there was quite alot of business and finance elements, although his final year transcript shows 3 full semesters of IT Managemnt, his dissertation was "The paperless office" and using IT systems and 3 other modules on business etc. so at least 40% was IT.

Here's hoping and thansk again to you both,

Kirst xxxxx

PS -0 sorry that was a LONG one !!!!

Guest jinjoid

Hi Kirst, thanks so much for the reply.

I have looked at a few IELTS examples already and it didn't look so bad, it's just one of those "worry" things, what you get on the day might be completely different from what you expect. Timing is one of the problems I usually have with "exams" so I'll do a bit of practice just to sort that out in my head. Actually the worst thing is that it's a paper and pen test. I never write anything anymore, my hand will ache!

As for my degree it's BSc (Hons) Computer Science from Staffordshire University and almost all of the modules are technical so I'd say almost 100% IT/programming. The focus of my application was definitely on current and recent skills and to be honest I didn't really think much about my degree at all. It's relevant to what I do now and I think that's the important bit.

It's difficult to know exactly how they assess anything, we're all different. I asked my agent if he thought I'd get through the assessment and he said he wouldn't have sent it to the ACS if he didn't think so. I trusted that he knew much more about it than me and he was right.

Thanks again for the sanity check :smile:

James

Hi James

I do know that with the writing sections of the test, you can get away with some grammar and spelling mistakes as long as you fulfill the task (if they want you to include x,y,z -make sure you include them) and it flows as a piece of writing. Apart from that just practise doing past papers (in the alloted time) and you'll be fine.

Good luck

Sue x

Thanks, I feel for your Debbie, I can't believe that there isn't some way to retrieve an electronic copy of the letter. I hate to say this but my letter got lost in the post on the way to my agent and he had to ask for them to resend it. He knew this because he was receiving letters for others that got a decision AFTER me. I hope this isn't the case for you and that it arrives today.

James

Well James, I know I wont be receiving my results today, looking at another two weeks possibly, dont want to go into details at the moment, am too stressed with it all, but it has been a big cock up at the ACS end, will let you all know when I get the results.

Debbie

xxx

Guest juliemtaylor

Oh Debs whatever is going on now??? I would have thought you would have had your results now??? Didn't it go registered?

Julie xx

Guest threespire

Oh Debs that's just sh1t, really sorry they're messing you about. If it's a cock up at ACS end with getting the result out physically but they've given you a result, can't they just tell your agent verbally and follow up with a confirmation?? Really hope they get it sorted for you.

Big hugs to you and Stuart and the kids,

Kirst and Nay xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Oh Debs that's just sh1t, really sorry they're messing you about. If it's a cock up at ACS end with getting the result out physically but they've given you a result, can't they just tell your agent verbally and follow up with a confirmation?? Really hope they get it sorted for you.

Big hugs to you and Stuart and the kids,

Kirst and Nay xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks for that Kirsty.

As far as im aware they do not tell anyone verbally or electronically, its all done by post, so will have to sit and ride it out, will let you know when we hear any more.

Debbie

xxx

Guest threespire

Have replied to your PM / message hun, got it after I read this !!!

Off to bed now,

Nighty night all

Kirst xxxxxxxxx

Guest jinjoid
Well James, I know I wont be receiving my results today, looking at another two weeks possibly, dont want to go into details at the moment, am too stressed with it all, but it has been a big cock up at the ACS end, will let you all know when I get the results.

Debbie

xxx

Dammit Debbie, you must be really p!ssed. This is why us IT bods are needed in Australia to sort out these archaic ways of doing things. I haven't had to write, print, photocopy and "snail mail" so much in years. Of course it's just to make sure we really want to go, so hold on there.

Wishing you the best :hug:

James

Guest Cane Family

Debbie Keep your head up, all will be ok. Think of OH, I got stressed waiting also....

James totally agree so ancient in there ways sometimes....

We got the next hurdle to go, sending off Passports to London for them to lose, sorry evidence.

• 2 months later...
Guest maity

Same situation here with me like Debbie. On third week of Feb, 2009 I sent my application along with all required documents to ACS through courier. It costs around 1500 INR. About after 9 weeks (Status shown “To be allocated”), I decided to send a latest document (MSc. Marks card) which I could not sent with the application due to its unavailability. Therefore, I sent a mail to ACS requesting confirmation of mail-id where I can send it digitally (coz the document can be verified through website of the university). Within next 2 days I got mail from ACS, requesting all other documents that I had already attached with the application.

Naturally, I contact with the officer, and told him everything and request him to confirm what he is actually looking for? He said ‘he wants certified copy of passport, academic transcript, mark sheets and employer reference again. I don’t know why he has asked it again?

Anyway, I sent all requested documents immediate next working day through EMS speed post (charged around 480 INR).

On the same very day, I received another mail from another official stating that they ‘could not locate the payment in ACS statement’. However I had attached the payment message statement (electronic transfer) provided by the bank with the application. In between the status has been changed to “waiting documents”.

So now, let me see what does the bank officials say. Even more I am unaware whether I will have to send bank’s documents to AUS in black and white or not. Again spend 500 INR more. And so on. And for how many times, I have no idea.

Does anyone has any idea, why ACS requested those documents again?

How ACS can send confirmation mail with user id and password to access application status, without being confirmed about payment?:rolleyes:

Same situation here with me like Debbie. On third week of Feb, 2009 I sent my application along with all required documents to ACS through courier. It costs around 1500 INR. About after 9 weeks (Status shown “To be allocated”), I decided to send a latest document (MSc. Marks card) which I could not sent with the application due to its unavailability. Therefore, I sent a mail to ACS requesting confirmation of mail-id where I can send it digitally (coz the document can be verified through website of the university). Within next 2 days I got mail from ACS, requesting all other documents that I had already attached with the application.

Naturally, I contact with the officer, and told him everything and request him to confirm what he is actually looking for? He said ‘he wants certified copy of passport, academic transcript, mark sheets and employer reference again. I don’t know why he has asked it again?

Anyway, I sent all requested documents immediate next working day through EMS speed post (charged around 480 INR).

On the same very day, I received another mail from another official stating that they ‘could not locate the payment in ACS statement’. However I had attached the payment message statement (electronic transfer) provided by the bank with the application. In between the status has been changed to “waiting documents”.

So now, let me see what does the bank officials say. Even more I am unaware whether I will have to send bank’s documents to AUS in black and white or not. Again spend 500 INR more. And so on. And for how many times, I have no idea.

Does anyone have any idea, why ACS requested those documents again?

How ACS can send confirmation mail with user id and password to access application status, without being confirmed about payment?:rolleyes:

Im sorry but dont know why they have requested your documents again.

They sometimes dont appear to know what they are doing. Once our payment issue was sorted we had our application finalised within 4 days and was to our advantage as we got the extra MODL points we needed, so now my hubby skills are on the CSL.

I hope you get a positive outcome real soon. Please keep in touch.

Just before I go what area of IT are you in and where you heading to in Oz.

My hubby is an Infrastructure Architect and we are hopefully heading for Gold Coast.

Good luck.

Debbie

xxx

Hi,

I don't have good news but I thought I'd inform you that my assesment (without agent) shows as "results posted" after 2 months awaiting assesment...so I guess they need more Docs from you...? Hope that helps even if it's not what you want to hear!

I think you can submit docs online so that might speed things up depending what they require.

Don't worry, I've seen lots of this kind of stuff... Best of luck.

• 2 months later...
Guest maity

Hi! I'm back again... just to let you know what is hapening with my case....God knows....

Here is the timeline

23rd Feb, 09- document sent.

26 Feb, 09- Confirmation with user id and password. Status “to be allocated”

27th April, 09- Request for documents that I had already sent, status “Waiting Documents”

30th April, 09 - got mail from CO "payment/Fee could not be located in ACS statement"

11th May 09 -- resend the fees again..coz the bank could not trace the previous payment made.

12th May 09 -- amount transferred and reflected in ACS A/c statement

19th May 09-- got confirmation from XXX that payment and documents received.

28th May 09-- case officer P... returned and ask for detail when is the transfer made and the

remittee name again.

28th May 09 -- I replied with all details and status changed to "In Process" ..... "Thank God"

11th June 09--- received Mail asking for Master Degree Certificate and testimonial. (Though I

had clearly mentioned "Pursuing 4th Sem" submitted markscard upto 3rd Sem).

11th June 09-- I replied stating “Not possible, and continue with document up to PG”

Since then No change in status…….”In Process”.

What a nightmare this has been for you Maity, nearly 5 months and still not got your results. Have ACS given you any indication as to when your results are likely to be issued to you. There must be someone in higher authority that you can complain to.

We waited nearly 14 weeks in total for our results, I though that was a long time, my heart goes out to you with your timeline.

Good luck and keep us informed of your progress.

Hope your case is resolved very soon.

Debbie

xxx

Archived