Taking kids out of high school for validation trip

boogaloo

Hi guys

We had our medicals on 22nd January and if we get our visa (fingers crossed!) we will have to go to Australia for another holiday in November to validate our visa

Our children start High school this September and the schools are quite strict about not being able to take kids out of school during term time!

Has anyoine else been in this situation and how did you deal with it?

Hi there,

We have just had letters home from my younger twos junior school, they are clamping down and, you may get a fine if - you DO NOT have a prior arrangement with the school, this arrangement MUST include a written letter from yourselves stating dates and reason. The school will then inform you be letter with their decision. You can go to the education authority if you do not get the reply you want (again written).

My eldest child started secondary this year and they stated the same as the above with our information pack.

So just so long as they have had permission, you should be okay.

Best wishes.

Hi there a friend of mine made the move to n/z last year, the school were fine about it after being told that it was to validate visa's, Most schools allow 21 days a year term time holiday but it is down to the individual school, im sure if you see the head and explain the situation all should be ok!

Blimey, I am really impressed that schools would actually take an interest and require you to have permission to take your kids out during term time. Although I admit it does sound a tad draconian, no one here would give a rats if you took kids out for a week or a month, probably wouldnt even notice. We desperately need to do something about tightening up on school attendance although I can see you can go too far.

Enjoy your visit! I am sure you would be able to argue that travel is an educational experience and as long as they arent in the middle of GCSEs or something then you can take work or have agreed assignments.

Still gobsmacked at the thought you could be fined for school non attendance!

Hi boogaloo

Make an appointment with the head teacher, explain the situation and hand them a letter with all the details, dates etc.

Even if they don't give you permission, it will just go on their school attendance record.

It's completely different to a last minute cheap deal for a holiday, because it's emmigrating.

Good luck

Sue x

Guest Ron & Chel

I realy wouldnt worry just get the holiday forms from school fill them in i thiink you have to put the reson for the time out if not put it in im sure you will be ok like someone else said at the end of the day you will be leaving blighty so who cares

Hey all,

Just a quicky, me again. Just to let you know it may only be in our area that the Council are tightening up, and yes I do agree - I think a fine system is taking it too far. I can honestly say if that happened to me I would just simply say I am home schooling them. Not much they could do then is there. To those that think I would not, just listen for the kids screams, I most def. would....

Just as long as you get permission you should be okay. I just like everything in writing and dated so that there are no come backs!

No its seems council wide we are in Kirklees, Huddersfield and we have the same structure here you must send a letter in fact its a form to complete as to why its in school time and not holiday time you are removing kids from school and again threat of removal from school for pupiks who consistently do this and fines are also mentioned and this is a primary school

Archived