Waiting for an invite.....

Rob Frain

10 hours ago, Rob Frain said:

51 Days since we did the application form, 22 days since they received the medicals (!) Still feels ages.. and yes I still login every day to check. 

I am not sure how long that process takes once they accept the EOI and approve the visa. My guess is everyone is different. 

On 20/07/2023 at 00:15, Rob Frain said:

51 Days since we did the application form, 22 days since they received the medicals (!) Still feels ages.. and yes I still login every day to check. 

You are funny. I checked yesterday and it says up to 6 months for 90% of applications. So I am just thinking it will be December and if it’s before then it’s a bonus. It might be longer!! Saying that, I know your whole process has been far longer than ours which probably makes it feel more urgent. Really hope you hear soon. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Cheery Thistle said:

You are funny. I checked yesterday and it says up to 6 months for 90% of applications. So I am just thinking it will be December and if it’s before then it’s a bonus. It might be longer!! Saying that, I know your whole process has been far longer than ours which probably makes it feel more urgent. Really hope you hear soon. 

Yeah it's been 4 years in the making - mainly thanks for Covid and then all our assessments running out of time and becoming invalid!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/07/2023 at 04:10, Rob Frain said:

Is it bad I'm logging into my ImmiAccount every day just to check?! I'm also now paranoid we have done something wrong. ( We haven't used an Agent!) however I'm sure we have done everything correctly.

Yes, that was a regular morning job!

20 hours ago, benj1980 said:

I often wondered, how long does it actually take to approve your visa. They check all your documents, they're all there. Stamp!

This is what makes me so annoyed. Do they have to stick with a certain amount per day? I get it if some of the documents come from countries where they may not be logged digitally and further checks must be made. All documents from the UK would be logged on a computer which they should have access to which should make the process very easy for them. 

• Like 1

Yes, I just think sometimes it could probably be quite easy to assess. I wondered if checking your previous travel would come into it, but you declare where you have been to the best of your ability. I don't know I'm clearly under thinking it. I actually feel the same about AITSL, but don't get me started on that! My thinking there is there can only be one person assessing your documents for AITSL and they only work from 0900-1300!

7 hours ago, Rob Frain said:

This is what makes me so annoyed. Do they have to stick with a certain amount per day? I get it if some of the documents come from countries where they may not be logged digitally and further checks must be made. All documents from the UK would be logged on a computer which they should have access to which should make the process very easy for them. 

Because each case officer has a certain number of current cases to work through, and various checks to make with each one. Besides the info you supply, they would have to make their own checks, such as with various security services and with Immigration regarding previous entries to the country. Verifying that certificates are genuine. Even though you say all UK documents are held on a computer thats not really true  they need to be sure degree certs are genuine, trades certs are genuine, birth certs and marriage certs need checking - none of those are necessarily on a computer they can access, especially the UK personal stuff - & just because an applicant is from the UK doesn't mean all the documents are either in English or originate in the UK. Why do you think they need family details on the forms? Because they want to verify them with details on certificates, they need to check them against other family migrants already in the country, etc Making sure skills assessments tick all the boxes. Ensuring the medicals are all cleared at whatever level. And of course every decision needs to be recorded, even if thats only a computer tick, its still an action. And then when people get in touch with requested information they have to stop and add it to the relevant file, even if they are working on someone else's case at the time, so that everything is recorded with its date of arrival.

And every grant/refusal goes through another check before its finalised, someone else always signs it off. 

Hope that gives you a bit of an idea 🙂 

Edited by Nemesis
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Marisawright said:

Why do you think that?

1 hour ago, Nemesis said:

bit of a crazy idea really - can you imagine a) the size of the server required, and b) the horrendous privacy issues!!

I meant as in a simple phone call or request. They only need to check maybe a certificate number and it will be logged on a computer somewhere in the UK

2 hours ago, Rob Frain said:

I meant as in a simple phone call or request. They only need to check maybe a certificate number and it will be logged on a computer somewhere in the UK

Part of the issue which would take time would be - tracking down contact details for the issuing authority, who may have moved/changed/merged etc. Then if they use a phone call, how does the person the other end know its a bona fide request? How is the info then recorded on file? Thats why so much is done by email, easier to verify the source, and there is then an audit trail in case of future queries.

Can you imagine if the case officer just scribbled down " spoke to Sharon at Xx University & she said "oh yeah Dave, he got a degree a few years ago".

Just the way it has to work, I'm afraid, to remove any chance of fraud. (All gleaned fromyears of working for Aus Govt departments.)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rob Frain said:

What Nemesis said. They can't do phone calls -- it would cost a fortune for one thing, and they need proof, not just some anonymous person on the end of a phone.  And government departments, universities etc don't always reply promptly to emails.  The Immi staff are too busy to chase people up if they don't reply -- they just move on to the next application, and your application just sits there until the reply eventually arrives. 

• Like 2

We have progress. My application has gone from received to “further assessment”.

It’s nice to know it’s been looked at. They have requested another version of my daughters birth certificate with biological parent names on it - the wife and I. That was sent over this morning. I hope I don’t go to the bottom of the pile! Also if they find something they need to check further do they stop the application or do they carry on and check it all?! I’m hoping the later! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rob Frain said:

We have progress. My application has gone from received to “further assessment”.

It’s nice to know it’s been looked at. They have requested another version of my daughters birth certificate with biological parent names on it - the wife and I. That was sent over this morning. I hope I don’t go to the bottom of the pile! Also if they find something they need to check further do they stop the application or do they carry on and check it all?! I’m hoping the later! 

So, to try and show you part of the reason it takes time:  The instructions for applying include :

"For every dependant 18 years old or younger who is applying with you, provide: 
copies of birth certificates or the family book showing the names of both parents of all your dependent children"

So, by not supplying this, they have to stop, contact you, male a note on the file to say that they have contacted you to request the missing details, plus how and when. Possibly cease processing for a while as they can't continue until they are sure they are processing a child who is genuinely part of the family unit.

When you supply the document they probably wait till they reach a point when they are at a standstill with the application they were processing in the meantime. Then they need to log the arrival of the document, file it electronically, pick up the file again, refresh their memory as to where they had got to, verify its what they needed, and that the details of the parents match the other ID documents in the application, and then continue with the next bit.

Are you getting the idea? 🙂

Edited by Nemesis

4 minutes ago, Nemesis said:

So, to try and show you part of the reason it takes time:  The instructions for applying include :

"For every dependant 18 years old or younger who is applying with you, provide: 
copies of birth certificates or the family book showing the names of both parents of all your dependent children"

So, by not supplying this, they have to stop, contact you, male a note on the file to say that they have contacted you to request the missing details, plus how and when. Possibly cease processing for a while as they can't continue until they are sure they are processing a child who is genuinely part of the family unit.

When you supply the document they probably wait till they reach a point when they are at a standstill with the application they were processing in the meantime. Then they need to log the arrival of the document, file it electronically, pick up the file again, refresh their memory as to where they had got to, verify its what they needed, and that the details of the parents match the other ID documents in the application, and then continue with the next bit.

Are you getting the idea? 🙂

Very much so. Admittedly it was a genuine mistake as I thought both parts of  the kids birth certificates were uploaded. Sadly one wasn’t and it was sent within two hours! But I get your point! 👍

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rob Frain said:

if they find something they need to check further do they stop the application or do they carry on and check it all?! I’m hoping the later! 

We don't have a camera inside the Immigration office, but as far as we know, they put your application aside and won't touch it again until they get the document they've asked for.  After all, you might not be able to supply the document they want.   Trouble is of course, that means they pick up another application to work on, so even if you send your document in immediately, you'll just have to wait until they've finished what they're doing.  And they might've received another dozen emails that they have to work through first, before they get to yours.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 29/06/2023 at 05:09, Rob Frain said:

Medicals were all done today in Manchester. Nice and easy - the Doctor was great with our two kids. In and out in about 2 hours. Everything seemed to be okay and he said there were no issues. The bloods apparently take 48 hours to check - I'm sure all they test for is HIV( can anyone confirm?) We then went for a celebratory Brewdog just down the road!! 🙂 

I also had mine done in Manchester in 2018. They wouldn't tell me how mine went!

On 08/08/2023 at 02:53, Rob Frain said:

if they find something they need to check further do they stop the application or do they carry on and check it all?! I’m hoping the later! 

I have seen people been requested multiple documents. So I would assume they check it all.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...