491 visa grant for offshore non-essential workers

4 hours ago, nomadiccarpenter said:

Carpenter here. Applied for the 190 in NSW, March 30 of 2020. No CO contact yet.

Similar. I applied for NSW 190 Feb 12th, 2020, 85+5, carpenter and stuck offshore 😕 hopefully we see some movement with tradies before year end.

Edited by Domo
  • Like 1

On 15/04/2021 at 23:16, Domo said:

Similar. I applied for NSW 190 Feb 12th, 2020, 85+5, carpenter and stuck offshore 😕 hopefully we see some movement with tradies before year end.

They're going to need them. I'm from the US so I'm probably the last person Australia wants granted into their country, sadly. However, the vaccination is going well here so hopefully my country's reputation will be better by the end of the year.

Edited by nomadiccarpenter

5 hours ago, nomadiccarpenter said:

They're going to need them. I'm from the US so I'm probably the last person Australia wants granted into their country, sadly. However, the vaccination is going well here so hopefully my country's reputation will be better by the end of the year.

Im from Toronto, just north of the border. Vacc situation is good, but It's a very divided shit show here, and the government has gone mad. Can't wait to leave.

• Sad 1

• 4 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Joe/Rose said:

Yea it’s a joke Domo, absolutely no need for it.

There are loads of jobs within construction, the economy could suffer majorly if they keep this up.

I could have walked there by now and sat in a tent for quarintine. Can't believe a 25hr flight can get drawn out this much.

On 21/05/2021 at 16:46, nomadiccarpenter said:

I thought a job offer made no difference to a 190 application?

14 hours ago, 31Hillbury said:

@Domo

what’s your occupation? I’ve been struggling to find a way to apply for an exemption without being a priority skill. 

You don't need a priority skill, you need to be employed in a critical sector. Example, I know a tradie plumber that found a job offer (used a head hunter) working for Liebher in the mines out in WA (mining is critical sector). He applied for an exemption, had his visa approved and has been out there since Jan. I'm looking for companies who have contracts in a critical sector then will use lawyers ($1500) to apply for my exemption. Finding a legitimate job offer and employers that will consider you is difficult, I have already handed out my CV to +500 employers and have resorted to calling them directly. I have had a few solid leads thus far, and you must be able to sell yourself, your current position, etc. 

There's evidence on travel exemption forums all over FB doing the same thing, but it's no easy feat. They also help outline which documents home affairs will require from you to successfully apply for an exemption. I personally, have decided to use lawyers to help dot my T's and cross my I's. To each their own.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Domo said:

There's evidence on travel exemption forums all over FB doing the same thing, but it's no easy feat. They also help outline which documents home affairs will require from you to successfully apply for an exemption. I personally, have decided to use lawyers to help dot my T's and cross my I's. To each their own.

Wow, thanks Domo. I had asked my migration agent and they had a simplistic answer saying it wasn't required for grant but they didn't amplify their answer by saying it would help. Honestly though, I'm fine with waiting. Fortunately, I have a job right now in the US, even though I'm burned out. If I were unemployed, I could totally see myself doing what you're doing. Thanks for the information.

Hi!

Still waiting for approval - going on 14 months now. Occupation: 511112 (Project/Program Administrator) , Offshore, State: NSW.

Staying positive and hopeful! Has anyone on this thread (offshore applicant) received a Grant recently?

Hope you all are doing well.

EOI 24-07-2019  (80 Points total) Occupation : 511112 Project/Program Administrator

PRE-INVITE:  29-11-2019 (NSW)

ITA   13-01-2020 

VISA LODGED  12-03-20

HC 12/2/2020

PCC 12/2/2020

CO Contact: Waiting.....

GRANT: TBC

On 06/04/2021 at 13:55, Maussie said:

Offshore medical practitioner 70 points for 189, 6 applicants

4/9/20 EOI submitted

2/10/20 EOI amended

21/10/20 Invitation received

25/10/20 Application submitted

23/12/20 Medicals and police checks submitted

5/3/21 s56 more info request to be provided within 28 days

31/3/21 Info submitted

6/4/21 Granted

Well aware we got lucky to some extent due to occupation and present pandemic.

Good luck to everyone🤞

Wow , are you general practicioner. 

I am having 75 points for 189 but wasn't sure about applying. This gives me some hope. 

On 23/05/2021 at 19:09, nomadiccarpenter said:

Wow, thanks Domo. I had asked my migration agent and they had a simplistic answer saying it wasn't required for grant but they didn't amplify their answer by saying it would help. Honestly though, I'm fine with waiting. Fortunately, I have a job right now in the US, even though I'm burned out. If I were unemployed, I could totally see myself doing what you're doing. Thanks for the information.

I work full time running a construction company ATM, and am currently also going through flight school part time. I'm also burnt out and irritated by the whole situation, but I'll point out that It's the lack of a girlfriend and social life that has opened up this opportunity! Where there's a will there's a way!

Hi, 

I wanted to start a thread to establish if and when they might start granting off-shore visas for non-essential workers. I have read that there has been some movement in certain states in this area. I know the travel ban etc is still in place for the foreseeable future but thought it might be a good thread for people in a similar situation who are eager for light at the end of the tunnel. 

My details: 

invited March 2020.

applied in May 2020

419 family sponsored in WA 

90 points 

electrician 

No movement whatsoever since submitting. 
would love to hear from others in a similar situation or even better if you’ve recently been granted. 

thanks 

4 hours ago, VERYSTORMY said:

There is already a thread on this and I am merging with that. Note, that even if you get a visa you may not be able to enter Australia as borders are closed except for PR holders and citizens 

Thanks.  

Hey Guys,
I hear some news from your side
I applied Nomination on 22 Jun 2020
Approved Nomination 26 Jun 2020
Applied 491 Offshore Visa on 17 August 2020
Still Waiting from NSW 491 visa
Anyone in same timelines ?

• Like 1

On 25/05/2021 at 06:25, Sue24 said:

Wow , are you general practicioner. 

I am having 75 points for 189 but wasn't sure about applying. This gives me some hope. 

Radiologist. Doesn't cost anything to submit an EOI. Give it a go and best of luck.