Flights to Perth

palaceboy1

We are getting close to finalising our affairs in the UK and booking flights to Perth . Does anyone have any current experience with the situation regarding airlines and classes of travel . It seem that Qatar are bumping off economy in favour of business class , the fares on their website are in excess of £2000 pp for economy and £5000 for business does anyone know if you book business you are guaranteed a seat . Emirates according to their website are due to resume flights on 23/10/2020 , is that likely and will they share the weekly government arrival limits with Qatar?. 

49 minutes ago, palaceboy1 said:

We are getting close to finalising our affairs in the UK and booking flights to Perth . Does anyone have any current experience with the situation regarding airlines and classes of travel . It seem that Qatar are bumping off economy in favour of business class , the fares on their website are in excess of £2000 pp for economy and £5000 for business does anyone know if you book business you are guaranteed a seat . Emirates according to their website are due to resume flights on 23/10/2020 , is that likely and will they share the weekly government arrival limits with Qatar?. 

We have recently been bumped off economy seats on Qatar airlines to Sydney. We have had to upgrade to business class for a later date at a cost of an additional £3200 per person. I’ve heard of people’s economy flights being knocked back 3 or 4 times and more. We figure the quicker we can get to Sydney the quicker we can get working to make the money back, currently stuck in limbo at a relatives house. 

• Like 1

You may already know that you need the G2G pass to travel to Perth - it's difficult to say about flights until the premier decides to open the boarders to international travelers fully.  At the moment numbers are restricted to 525 passengers per week for WA.

1 minute ago, ali said:

You may already know that you need the G2G pass to travel to Perth - it's difficult to say about flights until the premier decides to open the boarders to international travelers fully.  At the moment numbers are restricted to 525 passengers per week for WA.

Thanks what’s a G2G pass and where do you get it . Do you need it if you are PR?

I would suggest going through a Travel Agent to sort out your flights. At least if they are cancelled and need re-booking, you have someone to deal with it and find you alternative flights at the best price. After two cancelled flights - one with QANTAS and the other with Singapore Airlines, we have scored a BA flight from Scotland to Perth for under £700 one way, and the flight times are good. We used Blixen Travel - Travel Experts (Gorebridge) and they have been incredible.

You also need to consider the cost of mandatory hotel quarantine on arrival in Perth - AUD$2520 single and AUD$3360 double for the 14 days. And you pay exactly the same whether you score a 5* hotel or get dumped in a 2* one. 

https://www.wa.gov.au/government/publications/paying-hotel-quarantine-wa-frequently-asked-questions

https://www.g2gpass.com.au/

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, palaceboy1 said:

Thanks what’s a G2G pass and where do you get it . Do you need it if you are PR?

You apply on line and need it before you travel to WA  https://www.wa.gov.au/government/publications/g2g-pass-travel-exemptions-frequently-asked-questions  Because the WA borders are closed you can only enter with this travel exemption at the moment.  You still need it if you are PR and travelling from interstate/overseas

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, palaceboy1 said:

This is my point, people aren't aware of the g2g pass, i wasnt until i stumled across it on here, also when many  applications are rejected time and time again!!, maybe airlines should state it when booking flights to Perth, its worrying and also it's disgusting that airlines are cancelling flights numerous times then expecting passengers to buy a business class fare, its just a money making scandal and totally unfair for passengers desperate to fly to Perth.

Edited by Aussiebird
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, mrsmac said:

I would suggest going through a Travel Agent to sort out your flights. At least if they are cancelled and need re-booking, you have someone to deal with it and find you alternative flights at the best price. After two cancelled flights - one with QANTAS and the other with Singapore Airlines, we have scored a BA flight from Scotland to Perth for under £700 one way, and the flight times are good. We used Blixen Travel - Travel Experts (Gorebridge) and they have been incredible.

You also need to consider the cost of mandatory hotel quarantine on arrival in Perth - AUD$2520 single and AUD$3360 double for the 14 days. And you pay exactly the same whether you score a 5* hotel or get dumped in a 2* one. 

https://www.wa.gov.au/government/publications/paying-hotel-quarantine-wa-frequently-asked-questions

When was your flight with Singapore airlines cancelled, how much notice did they give you? We have recently booked our flights with them for 14th September!  I am expecting it to be cancelled though.

How do you know if the BA flight will go ahead, are you flying very soon? 

44 minutes ago, mrsmac said:

Hi , yes have seen many low fares such as yours but I wonder if you will actually get on the flight booked as I dont think Singapore airlines are flying into Perth at the moment only Scoot . When are you travelling?

4 minutes ago, palaceboy1 said:

Hi , yes have seen many low fares such as yours but I wonder if you will actually get on the flight booked as I dont think Singapore airlines are flying into Perth at the moment only Scoot . When are you travelling?

Hi,

How do you know Singapore airlines are not flying to Perth? I have recently booked our flights and they didnt tell me there are no flights from Singapore to Perth, if that's the case, why aren't we being told this information when we book? I had an email to say Scoot are flying Singapore to Perth, so maybe we would get the flight changed to Scoot? 

God this is such a headache!!

11 minutes ago, Aussiebird said:

Hi,

How do you know Singapore airlines are not flying to Perth? I have recently booked our flights and they didnt tell me there are no flights from Singapore to Perth, if that's the case, why aren't we being told this information when we book? I had an email to say Scoot are flying Singapore to Perth, so maybe we would get the flight changed to Scoot? 

God this is such a headache!!

Look at the flight arrivals daily for PerthAirport seems to be one a day from scoot for 4 days of the week. Scoot are a subsidiary of SingaporeAir but they are not mentioned in the flight details on the Uk to Perth Singapore flights , maybe they are code sharing and the flight numbers are different . I would certainly be asking the question

Due to fly out on 02 September and it was cancelled 2 weeks ago. Yes, it is possible that the BA one will also be cancelled. As you say Aussiebird, it is scandalous the way some airlines are cancelling flights and then re-instating them days later at inflated prices. With Perth allowing only 575 passenger arrivals each week, they cannot all be flying in. The Qatar A380 from Doha into Perth can seat 517, although perhaps that are separating passengers. There is limited information in this regard. Nightmare.

1 minute ago, mrsmac said:

Due to fly out on 02 September and it was cancelled 2 weeks ago. Yes, it is possible that the BA one will also be cancelled. As you say Aussiebird, it is scandalous the way some airlines are cancelling flights and then re-instating them days later at inflated prices. With Perth allowing only 575 passenger arrivals each week, they cannot all be flying in. The Qatar A380 from Doha into Perth can seat 517, although perhaps that are separating passengers. There is limited information in this regard. Nightmare.

Read the other day that there was only one person in the economy section of a Qatar flight to Perth everyone else was business/first class.

10 minutes ago, palaceboy1 said:

Look at the flight arrivals daily for PerthAirport seems to be one a day from scoot for 4 days of the week. Scoot are a subsidiary of SingaporeAir but they are not mentioned in the flight details on the Uk to Perth Singapore flights , maybe they are code sharing and the flight numbers are different . I would certainly be asking the question

I think will be calling Singapore airlines to ask the question. 

I think that's a good idea Aussiebird. The flight with Singapore Airlines was actually Business Class because we felt they would honour it if they resorted to the upgrade pricing system the other airlines were introducing at the time. The BA flight is in Economy but the money saved will cover the cost of hotel quarantine in Perth. And if they're limiting numbers up the back, it may turn out OK anyway. 

1 hour ago, ali said:

You apply on line and need it before you travel to WA  https://www.wa.gov.au/government/publications/g2g-pass-travel-exemptions-frequently-asked-questions  Because the WA borders are closed you can only enter with this travel exemption at the moment.  You still need it if you are PR and travelling from interstate/overseas

Is this correct as when I go through the g2g application no where does it mention PR visa only a list of exemptions for travelling to Wa that relate to reasons to enter . Citizens and PR are not listed and most of the questions relate to people residing in Australia not moving for the first time

13 hours ago, palaceboy1 said:

Is this correct as when I go through the g2g application no where does it mention PR visa only a list of exemptions for travelling to Wa that relate to reasons to enter . Citizens and PR are not listed and most of the questions relate to people residing in Australia not moving for the first time

Yes you need it  - Aussie bird is a citizen and is having to apply, citizens interstate trying to get home are also needing to apply 

15 hours ago, palaceboy1 said:

Good to Go pass. Has to be issued by the WA police commissioner I think, after reviewing your request to travel. My son was living in Newcastle, over East and working offshore here. He had to get a letter from his employer to say he was essential staff, submit a lot of paperwork and wait for the G2G. Then he had to isolate with us over night then Karratha for 2 weeks before going to the rig.

The airlines are making as much money as they can at the moment. My sons girlfriend has a job here now. Had her G2G and then they changed the rules about getting in to WA. They had to move her flight from Tuesday to Sunday night and it cost $700 extra. Flight was packed too, no social distancing or spare seats. Everyone Covid tested at the airport and isolation for 2 weeks. Covid test came back negative the next day though, so they are thorough.

I can actually see a couple from HK to Perth in the last week on the flightaware site, and it did actually correlate with flights into Perth. Nobody seems to be making any noise about Cathay Pacific however - I wonder if they're mostly just cargo flights? 

• 2 weeks later...

Do you need a g2g pass when you got a travel exemption to leave Audtralia? I have an exemption and fly out beginning of october to come back 3 weeks later (if...). Need to be back before end of the year due to pregnant wife.

7 hours ago, FOL said:

Do you need a g2g pass when you got a travel exemption to leave Audtralia? I have an exemption and fly out beginning of october to come back 3 weeks later (if...). Need to be back before end of the year due to pregnant wife.

Gosh you were lucky to get an exemption.   Yes I can't see how you wouldn't need a G2G pass. Everyone needs one to get through the border.

4 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

Gosh you were lucky to get an exemption.   Yes I can't see how you wouldn't need a G2G pass. Everyone needs one to get through the border.

Thanks Marisa, thought the exemption would have been sufficient.

Unfortunately it depends what you call "lucky", it's on compassionate grounds. 

Hopefully I can get back... reading these nightmares everyone's having to get back while my (pregnant) wife and 2yo daughter are at home...