Parent visa application timelines (143 & 173)

theballies

3 hours ago, Linda Brown said:

Hi Jellybean T, I presume you're still locked down in Spain like us! So frustrating. Have you any idea how you're going to get to Oz when lockdown ends here and our borders open. I suppose we'll have to see which carriers are still flying and probably go into isolation on arrival.

Is anyone else in the same situation ? 

Stay safe everyone. 

Yes still here Linda, hoping to see flights around July being offered here in Spain. Not sure about where we will have to go into isolation eg.  the first entry point in Australia or the final destination. We are heading for Adelaide but some airlines fly into  Melbourne and we clear customs but have a connecting flight to Adelaide.. can't wait to be settled safely in Australia. Although flights are advertised at the moment from Madrid and Barcelona for July I'm not sure about booking and just having them cancelled! 

11 minutes ago, Jellybean T said:

Yes still here Linda, hoping to see flights around July being offered here in Spain. Not sure about where we will have to go into isolation eg.  the first entry point in Australia or the final destination. We are heading for Adelaide but some airlines fly into  Melbourne and we clear customs but have a connecting flight to Adelaide.. can't wait to be settled safely in Australia. Although flights are advertised at the moment from Madrid and Barcelona for July I'm not sure about booking and just having them cancelled! 

I'm the same as you but looking more at August but hopeful of there being flights in July. We are heading for Perth and the isolation is there. I think if we can get flights they  will be with Qatar or Emirates. Keep  me informed how you go.

Anyone else out there with same problem.

1 hour ago, VERYSTORMY said:

There are flights going to Australia now and if you have PR, you can fly. 

We have our 143 visa and it's validated but we're in Spain and our borders are closed. I don't think there are any long haul flights leaving atm. Will keep an eye out for them .

Thanks Very Stormy.

Hi

im following this specific topic “Parent visa application timelines (143 & 173)”. And I get an email every single time some posts something here. I haven’t seen any related post to the topic over the last few weeks. Can you please stop them 

21 hours ago, Samda said:

Hi

im following this specific topic “Parent visa application timelines (143 & 173)”. And I get an email every single time some posts something here. I haven’t seen any related post to the topic over the last few weeks. Can you please stop them 

Sorry if we offend you Samda when did you apply, your details haven't been entered, perhaps this would be useful. Then we could give you useful information. 

Linda 

23 hours ago, VERYSTORMY said:

There are flights going to Australia now and if you have PR, you can fly. 

Flights are available currently from the UK to Australia (citizens and PR only).  But I’m not sure whether having a 143 visa granted offshore means you have PR, or if you need to first enter Australia and validate your visa, before officially acquiring PR status.

26 minutes ago, SusieRoo said:

Flights are available currently from the UK to Australia (citizens and PR only).  But I’m not sure whether having a 143 visa granted offshore means you have PR, or if you need to first enter Australia and validate your visa, before officially acquiring PR status.

Thanks SusieRoo we are in Spain so well and truly locked down! The visa is validated so we should be OK once borders open. 

I feel for people in the 143 queue as after waiting for so long to get a visa this virus comes along and delays you even more. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Linda Brown said:

Thanks SusieRoo we are in Spain so well and truly locked down! The visa is validated so we should be OK once borders open. 

I feel for people in the 143 queue as after waiting for so long to get a visa this virus comes along and delays you even more. 

We've been waiting for more than 4 years, why not waiting for a little longer hehe. (just been waiting for too long, I guess). Also just miss our granddaughter, she is only 6 months old. 

1 hour ago, SusieRoo said:

Paul Hand answered on another thread. You don’t need to have validated first. You’re good to go

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, AlwaysVet said:

We've been waiting for more than 4 years, why not waiting for a little longer hehe. (just been waiting for too long, I guess). Also just miss our granddaughter, she is only 6 months old. 

I have to agree, having this delay for a few months is not too bad considering everything. I also have a new granddaughter I’m missing terribly, but lucky enough to have all been together last Christmas.

• Thanks 1

Hi, I just sent the email to ask about processing visa 143 and I don't quite understand the explanation about visa 143 onshore and offshore. Is it right that the time line atm is April 2016 is applied for onshore only and they are trying to correct offshore application? Thanks for any contribution.

Screenshot_20200511-164323.png

11 minutes ago, Thongoc said:

Hi, I just sent the email to ask about processing visa 143 and I don't quite understand the explanation about visa 143 onshore and offshore. Is it right that the time line atm is April 2016 is applied for onshore only and they are trying to correct offshore application? Thanks for any contribution.

Screenshot_20200511-164323.png

They are currently assessing 143 April'16 applications. I also seen in another forum that some March'16 applicants just got requested for further docs. 

Hopefully your case will be pulled up soon for processing. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, SusieRoo said:

I have to agree, having this delay for a few months is not too bad considering everything. I also have a new granddaughter I’m missing terribly, but lucky enough to have all been together last Christmas.

What does this mean processing visa 143 april 16 lol, i still do not have visa my file was lodged feb 21,2016 

13 minutes ago, nitz said:

What does this mean processing visa 143 april 16 lol, i still do not have visa my file was lodged feb 21,2016 

@nitz That is the crazy part of the whole processing timeline. I belive it all depends on the case officer's and how they work on their cases. The one that they share in the email is a generic timeline. There are so many May'16 applicants whose applications have been processeed . At the same time some April and older ones still open . 

I don't know how the whole thing works. Perhaps some registered MARA agent can shed some light here. @Alan Collett Would you be able to share some insight please. Thanks ! 

22 minutes ago, cfernandes said:

@nitz That is the crazy part of the whole processing timeline. I belive it all depends on the case officer's and how they work on their cases. The one that they share in the email is a generic timeline. There are so many May'16 applicants whose applications have been processeed . At the same time some April and older ones still open . 

I don't know how the whole thing works. Perhaps some registered MARA agent can shed some light here. @Alan Collett Would you be able to share some insight please. Thanks ! 

@cfernandesAbsolutely right mate, and that worst thing we can’t even enquire or know when they will start again to bring back dates to parity for offshore people lodged in feb16, @Alan Collett might i wish you could enquire them and do something to convince them to bring dates back to for offshore applicants who had their assurance of support finalised

1 hour ago, nitz said:

@cfernandesAbsolutely right mate, and that worst thing we can’t even enquire or know when they will start again to bring back dates to parity for offshore people lodged in feb16, @Alan Collett might i wish you could enquire them and do something to convince them to bring dates back to for offshore applicants who had their assurance of support finalised

I appreciate your belief in me, but there's a limit to what I can do!

Keep faith!

Best regards.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

On 30/04/2020 at 05:27, Anash6 said:

Hi All,

I am a permanent resident waitingfor my citizenship ceremony which should happen online. 

I have decided to apply for my parents contributory visa 143 for mum and dad. 

I would be extremely grateful if someone who has/is been through this process to help me with the following questions: 

1. Should we attach police checks with form 47P right now or wait ti be requested. 

2. What are the time frames of Aos and Vac 2 requests from time of application? Also what are these amounts sitting at as of this date.

3. Does it matter if parents pay for VAC 2 themselves? 

4. What documents have you submitted to show your residence in Aus as the sponsor? Does house lease , bills and Visa grant suffice.

5. Income threshold if I apply as sponsor with my husband . We have 1 child of 9 yrs.

6. Once Vac 2 is paid is PR guaranteed

7. Any other advice or info you would like to share with a stressed out person who has just gone through a million forms and fees.

Hi @Anash6

I can't answer all of your questions, but wondered if you realise there is currently an approximate 5 year wait for CPV 143? 

There's no point in sending documents they haven't asked for as they'll be out of date by the time your case is picked up.

I hope things change and you don't have to wait too long, I'm currently 49 months and waiting!