Parent visa application timelines (143 & 173)

theballies

12 minutes ago, MELBNGSM said:

Hi Everyone.
Anyone here has been asked to fill form 815?
It means

You must contact the Health Undertaking Service (HUS) within 4 weeks of your arrival in Australia
I just got a request today for it.

No but at 1pm today  I had a request for colour copy of passport bio page.  It hadn’t been asked for in the original email for further info I received back in Feb. So they are still looking at ours then. 👍

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, MELBNGSM said:

Hi Everyone.
Anyone here has been asked to fill form 815?
It means

You must contact the Health Undertaking Service (HUS) within 4 weeks of your arrival in Australia
I just got a request today for it.

Sounds like there’s a health condition they want to check up on? Did your medical go ok ? 

@MELBNGSM we got the form 815 request to fill up few weeks ago too. We filled it up and sent it back. Do you think that might cause a problem and also is there a possibility of visa getting rejected/cancelled after making the 2nd vac payment and initially getting the grant and then later after travelling to Aus and doing the test with HUS where they decide the medicals requirement cannot be satisfied, will that lead to cancelling of the visa 143 and loss of approx $43k??

Any inputs or feedback on that will be much appreciated  

15 hours ago, sub7er said:

@MELBNGSM we got the form 815 request to fill up few weeks ago too. We filled it up and sent it back. Do you think that might cause a problem and also is there a possibility of visa getting rejected/cancelled after making the 2nd vac payment and initially getting the grant and then later after travelling to Aus and doing the test with HUS where they decide the medicals requirement cannot be satisfied, will that lead to cancelling of the visa 143 and loss of approx $43k??

Any inputs or feedback on that will be much appreciated  

@sub7er Just sharing my personal experience when I had my mum get her PR. The PR was already granted before she left the country to travel to AUS. At this stage you are already a permanent resident. The 815 form needs to be filled and you will have to conduct some additional tests (In my moms case it was a chest xray to make sure that some spots she had weren't tuberculosis related). Once we did the test it was all good. I don't think they will cancell anyones visa after paying the amount. 

This is just an extra precautionary test as a follow-up on someting they may suspect as being a potential health condition. 

You will also see this in the form 815.

image.png.966b35b26528fe2320c190ce2f9d1160.png

Hope this helps. 

Edited by cfernandes
  • Like 1

Hi All,

I am a permanent resident waitingfor my citizenship ceremony which should happen online. 

I have decided to apply for my parents contributory visa 143 for mum and dad. 

I would be extremely grateful if someone who has/is been through this process to help me with the following questions: 

1. Should we attach police checks with form 47P right now or wait ti be requested. 

2. What are the time frames of Aos and Vac 2 requests from time of application? Also what are these amounts sitting at as of this date.

3. Does it matter if parents pay for VAC 2 themselves? 

4. What documents have you submitted to show your residence in Aus as the sponsor? Does house lease , bills and Visa grant suffice.

5. Income threshold if I apply as sponsor with my husband . We have 1 child of 9 yrs.

6. Once Vac 2 is paid is PR guaranteed

7. Any other advice or info you would like to share with a stressed out person who has just gone through a million forms and fees.

Hi....  we had our 143 application acknowledge on 08/11/2016. Just wondering if  anyone here whose 143 application in March or April 2016 has got the request for documents? Reason for asking is wondering if the covid situation has stalled the processing time.

49 minutes ago, MTC said:

Hi....  we had our 143 application acknowledge on 08/11/2016. Just wondering if  anyone here whose 143 application in March or April 2016 has got the request for documents? Reason for asking is wondering if the covid situation has stalled the processing time.

They seem to be  asking applicants up to May/Jun16 for docs. They are still looking at them albeit a bit slower. 

On 29/04/2020 at 15:57, Kathss56 said:

No but at 1pm today  I had a request for colour copy of passport bio page.  It hadn’t been asked for in the original email for further info I received back in Feb. So they are still looking at ours then. 👍

Hi @Kathss56 Would you mind telling which country you are currently residing at the moment?

37 minutes ago, Kathss56 said:

@MELBNGSM I’m in Australia 

Great. Let's see what happens with Trans-Tasman Travel bubble. 
Or even better they may just give PR to people who are here in OZ (waiting for 143......for ....... very very long) and not make them leave the country to get the PR. 
FYI - My Mom is here and Dad is in NZ.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, MELBNGSM said:

Great. Let's see what happens with Trans-Tasman Travel bubble. 
Or even better they may just give PR to people who are here in OZ (waiting for 143......for ....... very very long) and not make them leave the country to get the PR. 
FYI - My Mom is here and Dad is in NZ.

It would be fantastic if they were to consider parents who were already here and process the applications quicker without asking them to leave the country 🙂

18 minutes ago, cfernandes said:

It would be fantastic if they were to consider parents who were already here and process the applications quicker without asking them to leave the country 🙂

Probably look at the 864 onshore, applicants first. Not sure how many 864 applicants there are posting any more? 

Out of interest how will immigration know if 143 applicants  are onshore? Do you have to let immigration know? and would you still have to go off shore to validate? 

That won’t happen without a change in the law as it’s enshrined that applications are dealt with in strict date order and applicants have  to be out of the country before Final grant. That’s the reason why immi have put 864 on hold to allow 173/143 to catch up ( to January 2017  applications) as they were processed  out of date order. Everybody  is waiting a very long time! . 

There is also a growing opinion in Australia ( even at parliamentary level)  that temporary visas need to be halted and immigration reduced further. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, LindaH27 said:

That won’t happen without a change in the law as it’s enshrined that applications are dealt with in strict date order and applicants have  to be out of the country before Final grant. That’s the reason why immi have put 864 on hold to allow 173/143 to catch up ( to January 2017  applications) as they were processed  out of date order. Everybody  is waiting a very long time! . 

There is also a growing opinion in Australia ( even at parliamentary level)  that temporary visas need to be halted and immigration reduced further. 

Hi Linda.

There's no law I'm aware of that requires 864s and 143s to be processed at the same rate.

The visa classes are different, so no obligation exists.

Rather there was a change of policy just over 2 years ago (I recall) - which could just as easily be reversed to the status quo ante.

Best regards.

55 minutes ago, ramot said:

Probably look at the 864 onshore, applicants first. Not sure how many 864 applicants there are posting any more? 

Out of interest how will immigration know if 143 applicants  are onshore? Do you have to let immigration know? and would you still have to go off shore to validate? 

The Department has passport details so can see who is onshore and who isn't.

Best regards.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cfernandes said:

Assuming you or your loved ones are onshore ...

Remember also that in law most subclass 143 visa applicants must leave Australia for visa grant - there are only a few exceptions, such as subclass 173 visa holders.

Best regards.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Alan Collett said:

Hi Linda.

There's no law I'm aware of that requires 864s and 143s to be processed at the same rate.

The visa classes are different, so no obligation exists.

Rather there was a change of policy just over 2 years ago (I recall) - which could just as easily be reversed to the status quo ante.

Best regards.

Just out of curiosity - is it possible to change your application from 143 to 864 (when onshore) and be given the same queue date as the original 143? And then move on to a bridging visa...

Or am I just being over ambitious 🙂

14 hours ago, Arti said:

Just out of curiosity - is it possible to change your application from 143 to 864 (when onshore) and be given the same queue date as the original 143? And then move on to a bridging visa...

Or am I just being over ambitious 🙂

Is not an option - sorry!

Best regards.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Arti said:

But on second thoughts why would you do that, instead it's easier to apply for the 870 innit.

But the bridging visa does cater to the unknowns - like reduction in caps / pandemics etc.

And an 864 visa application is cheaper than the 870 ... plus the sponsor doesn't have to meet an income test/have an exposure to Medicare costs arising with an 864 application.

Best regards.

• Thanks 1

On 23/04/2020 at 14:56, Bic Nguyen said:

Hi Nat, 

I received the same email from them requesting further information including police check and form 47PA for my dad which already provided, and funny is dated on 15th too.

Our time frame is pretty much identical:)

No news for me yet! Strange as I had already sent all this info in too! Oh well as long as they’re staying in touch and asking for info, it’s still being processed! Fingers crossed we hear some news soon 🙂

On 30/03/2020 at 08:30, Jellybean T said:

Thank you Greece, that’s what I thought but couldn’t get it confirmed at the moment.  Hopefully in the next few months. 😎😎👍

Hi Jellybean T, I presume you're still locked down in Spain like us! So frustrating. Have you any idea how you're going to get to Oz when lockdown ends here and our borders open. I suppose we'll have to see which carriers are still flying and probably go into isolation on arrival.

Is anyone else in the same situation ? 

Stay safe everyone.