AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

30 minutes ago, LAG said:

We got an email, looks like a generic system generated kind of email. The application on the ImmiAccount still says received. It has the appointment details but the status and the "last updated" info remains the same.

Nice, thanks!

• Like 1

Hi my name is Catherine I applied in December 2015 and my son has got the AoS request today. Can anyone tell me approx how much longer the process takes until the visa is granted? My situation is that I have a two year contract that I would like to fulfil before moving to Australia,  I'm looking to use the Visa (if/when it is granted) from June 2021, is that going to be possible? Thank you!

1 minute ago, Catherine4444 said:

Hi my name is Catherine I applied in December 2015 and my son has got the AoS request today. Can anyone tell me approx how much longer the process takes until the visa is granted? My situation is that I have a two year contract that I would like to fulfil before moving to Australia,  I'm looking to use the Visa (if/when it is granted) from June 2021, is that going to be possible? Thank you!

This thread is about citizenship, sounds like you are talking about a visa. Best post again starting your own thread and saying what visa you are waiting for 🙂

1 hour ago, 07Nov2017 said:

Had test done in October 2018 and they asked for birth certificate in December 2018 which was provided to immigration with in a week. Ever since then not a sound. None

i feel your pain..... we are 19 months and not even done the test yet and not a word either ..... all just so random x

Hi I applied may 2019 just had my test today 7/08/19 and passed. How long till I find out a date for my ceremony?
You have to wait for your approval first.in my case i had a test on 11/6/19 and got approval on 13/7/19.... still waiting for citizenship ceremony
  • Like 1

Hi,

Here is my timeline:

Applied: May 2019
Test invitation 17 July 2019 
Test date: 16 Dec 2019
Rescheduled Test: 06 Aug 2019, 100% passed
Status: Received – Need to check AFP for the clearance per CO
Council: Knox City, VIC

She checked and scanned my Passport, Driver Licence, Birth certificate, 2 Penal clearances (only required only SG COC but I have submitted also my hometown penal clearance) after that she did not ask for any other documents like billing etc.

I was asked about the police problem and I told her that I have no charges or conviction at all but I forgot to mention my traffic infringement from Police last May 2019, paid the fine, did not go to court and had 3 demerit points.

She mentioned that she will run the police check and normally it will take about a day. I will get an approval within today if she receives it. I asked her about what kind of police check, it is the National Police Check (NPC). 

Has anyone had the same scenario?

TIA!

• Like 1
  • Congratulations 1

Dear respected members !   A quick question

After citizenship test, how fast the immi account could get update or we could get approval email,  Could it practically happen within an hour also?.    My wife just appeared in test today morning,   shall I check it today evening if the status has changed (assuming we are super lucky).  

Thanks in advance !

17 minutes ago, Yousuf Abdul Ghaffar said:

Dear respected members !   A quick question

After citizenship test, how fast the immi account could get update or we could get approval email,  Could it practically happen within an hour also?.    My wife just appeared in test today morning,   shall I check it today evening if the status has changed (assuming we are super lucky).  

Thanks in advance !

Some of them are minutes, 1 hour, or 3 hours or within today. I also don't know why they have that or has it gone through any NPC or police checks. 2 of my friends had it approved on the same day! What time did you wife took the test?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Yousuf Abdul Ghaffar said:

Hi Supertoblerone, 

8:40 a.m. today (August 08) in morning in Melbourne CBD !  Can you please guide me whether the approval comes through email or  we need to check the immi account ?

thanks

Let's hope the status on her immiaccount changes to Approved today. I did my test on the 6th Aug from Melbourne CBD too at 09:40AM but it is still received.

What did the CO mentioned about the approval or next step?

Hi Everyone,

I have submitted my citizenship application today. Got the acknowledgement of application received letter within couple of minutes. Do we get anything else after this anytime soon or should i just sit back and relax for couple of months?

Also, do i need to do a police check as well?

Cheers

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, auz77 said:

Hi Everyone,

I have submitted my citizenship application today. Got the acknowledgement of application received letter within couple of minutes. Do we get anything else after this anytime soon or should i just sit back and relax for couple of months?

Also, do i need to do a police check as well?

Cheers

Welcome to the club! Sit back and relax (checking your immiaccount every 30minutes).

In my case I got an invitation for interview and test 2 months after I submitted the application. The appointment was scheduled for Feb 2020 but I was able to move to Sept this year.

Good luck!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, LAG said:

Welcome to the club! Sit back and relax (checking your immiaccount every 30minutes).

In my case I got an invitation for interview and test 2 months after I submitted the application. The appointment was scheduled for Feb 2020 but I was able to move to Sept this year.

Good luck!

Haha. Yes, i'll be doing that honestly.

Just wanted to check for the interview what all documents you are taking? 

I have attached the identity proof (form and photo), birth certificate, passport, driving license. What did you attach for evidence of first arrival in Australia?

I'm also unable to attach under my father's and mother's name tab.

Apologies for too many questions.

Cheers