AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

I think new applications are being dealt with quicker and the backlog has been assigned to a clean up team!  This happened with our visa, they stopped processing then new applications leapfrogged ours. Very frustrating. 

We applied Dec 17 and were citizens in August 18. I guess we were lucky. 

• Like 1

I gave my test on June 12th at Parramatta and passed the test. Yet to receive approval letter. Immi account still says as "RECEIVED" . Anyone who recently gave the test in June and is still waiting for an approval here ? I really dont know whats happening with my application, people who applied after me have got their approval.

Just sharing my timeline..

Applied for Citizenship: 15-March-2018
Test Invitation: 01-May-2019
Test date: 12-Jun-2019 (Pass test 100%)
Approval letter: Waiting
Ceremony: Waiting

Its already 16 months completed so far.. Anyone with a similar timeline to mine ? When can I expect to complete the whole process !!

28 minutes ago, Bamborabi said:

Its already 16 months completed so far.. Anyone with a similar timeline to mine ? When can I expect to complete the whole process !!

No one will be able to tell you that. You will just have to wait on pins and needles like everyone else 🙂

• Like 1

Applied 30 Jan 2018

Exam: 19 July 2018. Made to submit 1139 Form (declaration of service) - after 1 mo nil was uploaded. Submitted hard copy to office. So reuploaded August. After that. Nothing. Wife had approval within a week. 

3 hours ago, Bamborabi said:

You may be waiting a while. It doesn't seem to go in any coherent order. I applied 11 March 2018, test 11 March 2019 and have heard nothing yet. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bamborabi said:

You have to wait for the application to process. All the best!!

On 10/07/2019 at 19:30, cybervoodoo said:

Do applications get processed more quickly if you work in the public sector? My mum's went through so fast and she is a nurse so I wondered if there was something in that? 

I work as a nurse too at the Royal Darwin Hospital. Still waiting. 

Applied 30 Jan 19

Exam 19 Jul 19

Approval TBA

7 hours ago, KrisG said:

I work as a nurse too at the Royal Darwin Hospital. Still waiting. 

Applied 30 Jan 19

Exam 19 Jul 19

Approval TBA

I live in Darwin, and know several doctors and nurses at the RDH. The state of health care in the Darwin-Palmerston region is a mess only getting worse.  

Edited by Canada2Australia
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Bamborabi said:

I gave my test on June 12th at Parramatta and passed the test. Yet to receive approval letter. Immi account still says as "RECEIVED" . Anyone who recently gave the test in June and is still waiting for an approval here ? I really dont know whats happening with my application, people who applied after me have got their approval.

Still waiting from May.

Edited by n1ck

On ‎16‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 08:41, shiveringpom said:

OMG spitting fire today ..... my work colleugue ( cant spell today as so frustrated ) applied 24/2/19 Brisbane  and got test date  end of 10/19 !!!!!! holy hell fire!!!!!

Despite numerous calls and emails iam still waiting  to get a bloody test date from 1/18 Brisbane  application !!!!!!!!!! 

what is wrong with this system ????!!!!!!

same jobs so cant be to do with jobs , only difference is she is single applicant as all her family got it last year  , we are a family of 4 linked application- me and 2 kids linked with my husbands application -    totally straight forward  application direct from PR  189 visa from UK ....... 

are they really just picking up random files down in the city ?????? 

how many calls and emails can i send before i go to the prime minister !!!??? lol

soooooooo frustrating ........ rant over ...... first world problem of course but really ??????????????? please send me alcohol and chocolate today as sat in my office slowly screaming ...... lol xxx

I have been waiting since application received by department on 23 April 2018 NOTHING SINCE.... some 15 months...

1 hour ago, Darley Dale said:

I have been waiting since application received by department on 23 April 2018 NOTHING SINCE.... some 15 months...

i think we may be the longest wait ever to even get a test date looking at these  timelines, easily going to go into the 20 months/ 10% of cases  group of cases ........which i presume is a bottomless spam pit of lost applications lol ..... x

Hi 

can any please help through citizenship requirements process. Got few questions 

came to Australia in June 2009

got PR in December 2016

was away from October 2015 to November 2016 that’s more than year. 

But when calculate requirements in residence calculator it say I’m eligible to apply in Jan 2020( that when I use my law full residency date as June 2008).

But the rule says you have to be in Australia for last 4 years. 

And if I use my PR date as first lawful date in Australia (December 2016) it say I will be eligible in December 2020. 

Can any one please help me out. 

Thank you

12 hours ago, Kkk7 said:

Hi 

can any please help through citizenship requirements process. Got few questions 

came to Australia in June 2009

got PR in December 2016

was away from October 2015 to November 2016 that’s more than year. 

But when calculate requirements in residence calculator it say I’m eligible to apply in Jan 2020( that when I use my law full residency date as June 2008).

But the rule says you have to be in Australia for last 4 years. 

And if I use my PR date as first lawful date in Australia (December 2016) it say I will be eligible in December 2020. 

Can any one please help me out. 

Thank you

Hi Kkk7,

Be very careful - if you think your eligible date is Jan 2020, check where were you exactly 4 years before, in Jan 2016. According to your post, you were not in Oz, in that case I understand (from what I read in previous posts in this forum) that you would not be eligible even though the residence calculator says you are. You would only be eligible in November 2020, 4 years after you returned to Australia, providing you didn't exceed the allowed time overseas.

This is just information I read on the forum, double check by yourself and/or ask a migration agent if you're not sure...

Well it has finally happened....

Paper Application dated 3rd April 2018

Receipted by DoHA on 23rd April 2018

Time frame to today's date: 14.5 months

Made 2 phone calls during this period

No communication in between

English born and bred – 68 yo

Every day checked ImmiAccount always showing Received

Today I checked and to my surprise ImmiAccount showing "APPROVED" 17.7.2019

No Interview, No Test (due to age factor)

To say that I am elated and overwhelmed is an understatement

Prayerfully will receive notification re Ceremony soon

Live in Regional Queensland...

Be nice to have Citizenship before Christmas...

• Like 1
  • Congratulations 2

4 hours ago, Darley Dale said:

Well it has finally happened....

Paper Application dated 3rd April 2018

Receipted by DoHA on 23rd April 2018

Time frame to today's date: 14.5 months

Made 2 phone calls during this period

No communication in between

English born and bred – 68 yo

Every day checked ImmiAccount always showing Received

Today I checked and to my surprise ImmiAccount showing "APPROVED" 17.7.2019

No Interview, No Test (due to age factor)

To say that I am elated and overwhelmed is an understatement

Prayerfully will receive notification re Ceremony soon

Live in Regional Queensland...

Be nice to have Citizenship before Christmas...

wonderful news!!!!

i think iam now the longest wait ever now ....... 😪

On 16/07/2019 at 14:24, Bamborabi said:

It is really difficult to tell when will the process be completed. It is not in anyone's control. Everything depends upon the immigration officer in charge. So all the best. 

• Like 1

So after my mum received her letter for ceremony in August, despite myself, my dad and brother still having 'received' on our immi accounts, she called our local council (Rockingham WA) and asked to be taken off the ceremony as she would rather wait until the whole family has been approved and we can do it together as intended (bearing in mind my mum, dad, and brother's applications have been linked since they first applied, so why she's been approved and they haven't is beyond me). Fast forward two weeks from then, the rest of us still haven't been approved, and she receives another letter for a ceremony in September. Honestly EVERYTHING in this process seems so disorganised from start to finish. I honestly don't know how they're getting away with being so severely inept. 

Edited by cybervoodoo
clarification

8 hours ago, cybervoodoo said:

So after my mum received her letter for ceremony in August, despite myself, my dad and brother still having 'received' on our immi accounts, she called our local council (Rockingham WA) and asked to be taken off the ceremony as she would rather wait until the whole family has been approved and we can do it together as intended (bearing in mind my mum, dad, and brother's applications have been linked since they first applied, so why she's been approved and they haven't is beyond me). Fast forward two weeks from then, the rest of us still haven't been approved, and she receives another letter for a ceremony in September. Honestly EVERYTHING in this process seems so disorganised from start to finish. I honestly don't know how they're getting away with being so severely inept. 

Might have to accept that your entire family may not be able to have all your ceremonies together. Just seems to be a reality these days. Might just have to go when you are called. 

It's better than nothing!

On 19/07/2019 at 12:19, Bjg said:

Just received my APPROVAL 🎉 

Applied: March 2018

Test: April 2019

Approved: July 2019

Ceremony: waiting

Hubby took his test Dec 2018 and still waiting on approval 

Can you please confirm how did u get the approval through post or on immi