AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

9 minutes ago, littlefoot said:

Hi all - quick question. I've recently become eligible to apply for citizenship and noticed I needed police checks from the UK. Do I have to attach them before I submit the application? Or can I attach them at a later date?

Hi littlefoot, does your application tell you that you need to submit UK police check?

I'm due to submit my application soon and didn't know i would need to have a police check from the uk. I have been on PR since March 2017 and have only been out of Australia twice for 5 weeks each trip.

I have been following this forum for my partner - he submitted his citizenship April 2018 with application still waiting to be approved. He completed his test on 03/09/2018.

7 minutes ago, kirsty160990 said:

Hi littlefoot, does your application tell you that you need to submit UK police check?

I'm due to submit my application soon and didn't know i would need to have a police check from the uk. I have been on PR since March 2017 and have only been out of Australia twice for 5 weeks each trip.

Yes, there's a specific request for UK police checks in the document request screen. That's only because I've spent over 90 days in the UK. If you haven't done that, I believe you'll only need AFP checks, which Immigration will sort out directly.

• Thanks 1

Partners status is still showing as received - Test completed on 03/09/2018 with 100%.

I emailed our local council to see when the next few ceremonies will be and I have been advised 16th March (all have RSVP for that one so no chance of him having the chance to attend that one) then the next one after March isn't until 27th August 😞 .

The lady was lovely and asked for my partners name to check against her list in case the letter was sent to an incorrect address but nope not on it.

Looks like it could be August now if he gets approval now. 

Edited by kirsty160990

On 05/02/2019 at 19:17, xxlornaxx said:

For anyone that’s interested in passports  - I attended citizenship ceremony on Saturday 26th January - was told I had to wait ten days till I could apply for passport, I didn’t have ten days to wait as I’m going to Thailand this week so I applied for passport as soon as i could on Tuesday 29th January and it arrived exactly one week later on 5th February 😀

We applied for passports on 7th Feb. We had an email notification on Monday saying that they had been processed and they arrived yesterday.

My Wife’s - 15 months Application to Ceremony

Lake Macquarie Council

Applied: 22nd December 2017

Test: 22nd August 2018

Approval: 27 October 2018

Ceremony: 29 March 2019

Mine

Lake Macquarie Council

Applied: 19 July 2018

Acknowledged: 23 July 2018

Request for more info: 08 Nov 2018

Test: ???

Approval: ???

Ceremony: ???

• Thanks 1

hi everyone I just finished my interview today. 100% marks on my computer test. the officer at the counter was pretty nice.

i applied my citizenship in November 2017. it's 15 months wait. after the test this morning, my application status is still "received" but at least its a good sign. 

• Like 1

The Victorian seat of Bruce, started pressing Peter Dutton for reasons as to why there were huge delays in the backlog of citizenship applications waiting to be processed.

There are nearly 250,000 permanent residents living, working and loving here,” if they are so dangerous, why are they here? Why have they been here for four to 10 years? You can’t just say ‘national security’. 

According to the following article 

https://neoskosmos.com/en/129956/244765-immigrants-caught-in-australian-citizenship-limbo/

54 minutes ago, jimmy2621 said:

hi everyone I just finished my interview today. 100% marks on my computer test. the officer at the counter was pretty nice.

i applied my citizenship in November 2017. it's 15 months wait. after the test this morning, my application status is still "received" but at least its a good sign. 

Congratulation mate. I hope you will get a citizenship ceremony as well.  

Hi Everyone, 

Thought I'd post my timeline as we just had our ceremony today! For info, our applications were linked.

Timeline for me

Application submitted: 26th November 2017

Test Date: 29th October 2018

Approved: 29th October 2018

Ceremony Date: 24th February 2019 (Inner West Council, NSW). Almost 15 months to the day

Timeline for my partner

Application submitted: 26th November 2017

Test Date: 29th October 2018

Request for more info: 1st Nov 2018 (with 4 weeks to provide)

Approved: 4th January 2019

Ceremony Date: 24th February 2019 (Inner West Council, NSW)

Hi All, Just a quick query. I'm planning to apply for citizenship next month. 

Form 1195 asks for -Transaction Reference Number (the number that you were given when
you lodged your online application).
 Do you get that when you apply online for Citizenship? Or are they asking for what's mentioned in your PR grant notice? 

And would it remain the same for all family members? (In case it's the former as it's the same for all 4 of us in the Visa grant Letter when the PR was granted)

Did you all apply for the Citizenship online from one online account or does it have to be separate for all adults?

Many thanks

Shisman

20 hours ago, shisman said:

Hi All, Just a quick query. I'm planning to apply for citizenship next month. 

Form 1195 asks for -Transaction Reference Number (the number that you were given when
you lodged your online application).
 Do you get that when you apply online for Citizenship? Or are they asking for what's mentioned in your PR grant notice? 

And would it remain the same for all family members? (In case it's the former as it's the same for all 4 of us in the Visa grant Letter when the PR was granted)

Did you all apply for the Citizenship online from one online account or does it have to be separate for all adults?

Many thanks

Shisman

You get the TRN when you start the application.  One person can use their immi account for everyone else's applications.  You link the applications using the TRN

17 hours ago, jazzi87 said:

Losdged online Date: 25/10/2017

Test date :    5/10/2018

PASSED  SCORE 100%

Online Status  : RECEIVED

APPROVAL: WAITING

CEREMONY :  WAITING

WANNEROO: COUNCIL/PERTH/WA

Hi Jazzi87,

My partner completed his test on 03/09/2018 with 100% and still waiting for approval too. Darwin NT for us.

Losdged Date: 16/02/18
Test date : 25/02/2019 ( today)
PASSED SCORE 100%
Online Status : RECEIVED for me,
My wife already got it Approved
CEREMONY : WAITING
 COUNCIL: Ryde

We both made the test today, but she got her application already Approved, my one is still sitting Received [emoji28][emoji28]
  • Like 1

Passed my test today in WA.

Lodged : 30/03/2018
Test : 25/02/2019 (Originally 02/04/2019 - I rescheduled)

Has anyone who brought their test date forward got approval on same day? It seems some people are stuck on received forever post their test.

• Like 1

Has anyone who brought their test date forward got approval on same day? It seems some people are stuck on received forever post their test.

Hey mate, yes I made the test today, and after 3 hrs the status changes from Received to Approved!

Hey mate, yes I made the test today, and after 3 hrs the status changes from Received to Approved!

Congrats mate. Mine hasn’t. Been 6 hours. I think I might be in the other category that has to wait longer for approval. Its seems to be same day or takes a long time.

45 minutes ago, hb31 said:

Hi hb31. 

My partner done his test on 03/09/2018 passed with 100% and still waiting for approval. Immi account still says received. 

Hi hb31. 
My partner done his test on 03/09/2018 passed with 100% and still waiting for approval. Immi account still says received. 

Hi kirsty160990

Thats more than the timeframe officer told me today. He said about 6 months to ceremony. Could you call and ask?
  • Like 1