AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

4 hours ago, redheaven said:

Hi, just wondering if anyone in Sydney has their ceremony on Australia Day or in February - can you let me know when you got your approval letter and also when you received the letter of invitation to the ceremony?

Thanks in advance.

My Wife and Girls have there ceremonies on Australia day .. they were approved (letters dated the same day also)   and a week later ceremonies offered. 

Edited by Chris N Lora

40 minutes ago, Red Rose said:

Those waiting times are ridiculous, typical public servants taking forever to get things done. 

It wasn't the staff who caused the backlog, it was the fact that processing was halted while those in power argued about changing the rules. If you want to blame someone, blame the Minister and other law makers, not Joe Bloggs, average public servant just doing what he is told and processing according to the rules in place at the time. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Red Rose said:

Those waiting times are ridiculous, typical public servants taking forever to get things done. 

Having worked in both public service and big corporations, I don't see much difference in the behaviour or work ethic of the actual workers on the front line.   If anything, public servants are more committed to their jobs than private ones, because they feel they're doing something that has a value to the community.  The problem is the cutbacks: no matter how well-intentioned the staff, they can't perform miracles if there aren't enough bums on seats. 

• Like 2

So despite my wife getting her approval in October, her name hasn't been submitted to the local council for the Australia Day citizenship ceremony. Lake Macquarie Council said they might hold another one in April if they have enough people. It's a little frustrating as we are due to travel in May and it would be a lot easier to travel on Aussie passports then to renew her other ones, get return resident visas and visas for the countries we are visiting (not necessary on an Aussie passport). 
 I've e-mailed the citizenship e-mail address and also our local MP to try and see if there is a way to get her on the list for Australia Day. 

Hi - I'm not in Sydney as per your specific request. But for comparison purposes I have been invited to my *Brisbane* ceremony on Australia Day 2019. My approval letter for this arrived yesterday - Christmas Eve. If you are viewing this post on a PC then my full timeline will appear in the footer to this post. Thx.

Dear All, please find my timeline for the citizenship. 

Date Applied: 17.Feb.2018

Council: Regional NSW 

Email for Test Date: 09.Nov.2017

Date of Test: 27.Nov.2018

Approval Date: 01.Dec.2018 

Ceremony confirmation: 20.Dec.2018

Ceremony Date: 26.Jan.2019 

Thanks.

Edited by bhagath

On 25/12/2018 at 22:23, copeland52 said:

Hi - I'm not in Sydney as per your specific request. But for comparison purposes I have been invited to my *Brisbane* ceremony on Australia Day 2019. My approval letter for this arrived yesterday - Christmas Eve. If you are viewing this post on a PC then my full timeline will appear in the footer to this post. Thx.

Thanks for this...still waiting for my ceremony invitation, hoping it’s early in the new year as my mum will be visiting and she’d love to be here for it. Congratulations to you and all the best for your ceremony!

2 hours ago, redheaven said:

Thanks for this...still waiting for my ceremony invitation, hoping it’s early in the new year as my mum will be visiting and she’d love to be here for it. Congratulations to you and all the best for your ceremony!

@redheaven i think you could call your council and make inquiry to see if you are on the list for australia day citizenship ceremony. are you in sydney or in brisbane ?

I'm sure this question has been asked numerous times before, but re the evidence of when you first arrived in Australia which you have to provide on the day of the citizenship test,  I annoyingly no longer have my original passport. 

So 2 questions, 

1. Don't they know from their system when I first entered the country on my PR visa?  (in my case November 2013)

2. If not,  would a contract of employment with WA Police (commencing Nov 2013) be sufficient? 

Thanks 

30 minutes ago, Red Rose said:

I'm sure this question has been asked numerous times before, but re the evidence of when you first arrived in Australia which you have to provide on the day of the citizenship test,  I annoyingly no longer have my original passport. 

So 2 questions, 

1. Don't they know from their system when I first entered the country on my PR visa?  (in my case November 2013)

2. If not,  would a contract of employment with WA Police (commencing Nov 2013) be sufficient? 

Thanks 

Yes they do know your movements. We were asked to provide passports for ID and birth certificates (plus marriage certificate for me as change of name). She didn’t look for stamps in passport. Did you update immigration about the new passport?

I guess some people may have arrived before visas were linked electronically so it covers all possibilities. The letter is generic.

Im sure you will be fine. Although taking something just in case can’t hurt. 

1 hour ago, rammygirl said:

Yes they do know your movements. We were asked to provide passports for ID and birth certificates (plus marriage certificate for me as change of name). She didn’t look for stamps in passport. Did you update immigration about the new passport?

I guess some people may have arrived before visas were linked electronically so it covers all possibilities. The letter is generic.

Im sure you will be fine. Although taking something just in case can’t hurt. 

Thanks rammygirl yes I updated them with the new passport and have come into the country twice in last 24 months with the new passport.  

Thanks again.

11 minutes ago, Namish2015 said:

Hi can anyone advise that why im not getting any update or test for citizenship aplication,i have lodged my citizenship aplication on 28 October 2017 from brisbane ,but till now haven't heard anything ,

I dont know what's going,

Very frustration, can anyone advise me pls

I wouldn't expect a reply for 12 months from date of lodgement. Mine has been 10 months and nothing. Shouldn't affect your life here so takes as long as it takes. 

45 minutes ago, Citizen said:

No other visa processing time has gone to 22 months. when I apply it was only 15 months now it goes like 22, 24, 26 months..., it's very horrible, the government should take necessary steps. I think for me the next 6 months also, I can not expect.😱

Many Spouse visas have been taking that long in the last couple of years.

Fact is, citizenship, like a visa, is a privilege not a right. If you want it, you have to wait for it.

Brisbane based. Applied online in August 2018, still awaiting anything further than the initial receipt of application.

Travel rights expired on my Permanent Resident Visa over 8 months ago so last week I applied for a RRV (Returning Residents Visa) so I can travel overseas. I completed the process online and had to enter quite a lot of the details I'd been asked for as part of my citizenship application. Wouldn't you expect that those details should be automatically filled from the current citizenship application?!

Put in my payment details and in less that a minute I got the RRV granted online and email notification too! Shame it isn't so easy for the citizenship application and that they seem to have to double dip to let people continue with their lives whilst being on hold for up to 22 months!

Edited by Simonrbh