AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

36 minutes ago, whenwillthisend said:

Timeline updates

Applied: 28/10/2017
Test email: 13/07/2018
Test date: 31/08/2018

If anyone can get me any test material to study would be greatly appreciated ?

Congrats @whenwillthisend. You can download the Our common bond booklet and read all chapters 1-3. You can also use this link if you like: http://www.aussiecitizenshiptest.com/free-test/1

Hi,

During my citizenship application, I submitted my Australian Drivers License as my proof of residential address. However It is expiring in a month's time, what should i do? My application is still "Received". I don't want them to think I uploaded an expired license.

Thanks.

18 minutes ago, Joseph23 said:

Hi,

During my citizenship application, I submitted my Australian Drivers License as my proof of residential address. However It is expiring in a month's time, what should i do? My application is still "Received". I don't want them to think I uploaded an expired license.

Thanks.

You can probably scan it and print a copy once you already have your interview and test, and maybe show your new license as well.  

You can also bring some utility statements to show your proof of address.

Hi Everyone

Just want to share my timeline...

Application: 09/09/2017

Test email: 26/06/2018 for 23/07/2018 reschedule to 11/07/2018

Test: 11/07/2018 100% passed

I saw a lot of familiar name here, I remember zet01 and sheila, we shared the timeline for 186 three years ago :)

@Joseph23 don't worries, I renewed my licence as well. Just bring the new one to interview, that's ok. 

41 minutes ago, bennyluk said:

Hi Everyone

Just want to share my timeline...

Application: 09/09/2017

Test email: 26/06/2018 for 23/07/2018 reschedule to 11/07/2018

Test: 11/07/2018 100% passed

I saw a lot of familiar name here, I remember zet01 and sheila, we shared the timeline for 186 three years ago ?

@Joseph23 don't worries, I renewed my licence as well. Just bring the new one to interview, that's ok. 

@bennyluk hi mate! nice to see you here, and glad that you already passed your test.

Just wait for few days and you'll receive your approval soon. ?

5 minutes ago, Zet01 said:

@bennyluk hi mate! nice to see you here, and glad that you already passed your test.

Just wait for few days and you'll receive your approval soon. ?

Thanks Zet01, interviewer told me the approval letter will be sent within 6 weeks.

My nationality is Chinese. I believe I need to wait longer, finger crossed. 

wahooo my application has been approved!

Date applied: 19th October 2017

City/Council area: Newcastle, NSW

Online / Paper: Online

Date received the acknowledgement email: 19th October 2017

Test invite email: 15th May 2018

Date of the Citizenship Test: 30th May 2018

Date of approval: 13th July

Date of ceremony: ???

Type of ceremony: Normal

9 minutes ago, bennyluk said:

Thanks Zet01, interviewer told me the approval letter will be sent within 6 weeks.

My nationality is Chinese. I believe I need to wait longer, finger crossed. 

I see. I got mine in 2 days, but husband got his approval in 20 days.

I am sure you'll be fine. Just wait for it and we're off for the ceremony. ?

Glad to see our 186 batch getting citizenship approvals. It feels great to see that we are now at the last step towards our ultimate goal of being an Aussie. Haha!

1 minute ago, samc said:

wahooo my application has been approved!

Date applied: 19th October 2017

City/Council area: Newcastle, NSW

Online / Paper: Online

Date received the acknowledgement email: 19th October 2017

Test invite email: 15th May 2018

Date of the Citizenship Test: 30th May 2018

Date of approval: 13th July

Date of ceremony: ???

Type of ceremony: Normal

Congrats @samc. ?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Zet01 said:

I see. I got mine in 2 days, but husband got his approval in 20 days.

I am sure you'll be fine. Just wait for it and we're off for the ceremony. ?

Glad to see our 186 batch getting citizenship approvals. It feels great to see that we are now at the last step towards our ultimate goal of being an Aussie. Haha!

My expectations are receive approval letter within 6 weeks and ceremony before next Australia day. 

Honestly, I don't care about the time. But I wish I can travel overseas during holiday season.

Yes, how time files. 5 years ago we shared our 457 timeline, 3 years ago for 186 and now for citizenship. 

12 minutes ago, bennyluk said:

My expectations are receive approval letter within 6 weeks and ceremony before next Australia day. 

Honestly, I don't care about the time. But I wish I can travel overseas during holiday season.

Yes, how time files. 5 years ago we shared our 457 timeline, 3 years ago for 186 and now for citizenship. 

Yeah, we are going for an 8 days holiday next month and we informed the case officer about it, so I am guessing our ceremony will be Australia day 2019.

Let's keep each other posted again, Haha! Cheers! ?

Edited by Zet01

6 hours ago, Rorz said:

Were they not bothered that you called? My councils website says not to contact them directly as the date is not arranged by them but rather from the Department of Immigration. They just get given a list of the next intake. I called my local council and they were quite rude to me when I inquired if I was on the list for next ceremony.

"Once you have been approved and received your letter of approval from the DIBP, you will be put on a 6 month waiting list for a ceremony. Council will receive your details one month prior to your allocated ceremony date and will then contact you at this time. Please do not contact Council prior to receiving your invitation to a ceremony as we are unable to tell you where you sit on the waiting list." 

Not at all, the ladies were quite helpful actually. This is the first ceremony since May for my council and I don't think our one is a very busy one. I think they get annoyed if you are calling straight after the test and directly about the letter etc. something that does not come from them but from DHA. I knew the invitation letters were to be sent app 1 month before the next ceremony, so that's what I told them and asked I just wanted to check if my name was on the list for the next ceremony. I think that's fair if you are planning a trip you'd want to know and plan accordingly. 

Edited by AnneOz

I applied on 20 sep 17. Received acknowledgment letter dt 28 sep 17. I am exempted from test due over 60 years age. Visa CA 143. Can someone inform me what likely dates may be for citizen ceremony. Applied from Regents Park, NSW 2143

3 hours ago, MAKhan said:

I applied on 20 sep 17. Received acknowledgment letter dt 28 sep 17. I am exempted from test due over 60 years age. Visa CA 143. Can someone inform me what likely dates may be for citizen ceremony. Applied from Regents Park, NSW 2143

Have you checked the Council website? Often there are dates on there.

On 13/07/2018 at 17:27, AnneOz said:

Not at all, the ladies were quite helpful actually. This is the first ceremony since May for my council and I don't think our one is a very busy one. I think they get annoyed if you are calling straight after the test and directly about the letter etc. something that does not come from them but from DHA. I knew the invitation letters were to be sent app 1 month before the next ceremony, so that's what I told them and asked I just wanted to check if my name was on the list for the next ceremony. I think that's fair if you are planning a trip you'd want to know and plan accordingly. 

What date did you get your approval on? 

On 15/07/2018 at 00:32, MAKhan said:

Have you checked your account to see if it has been approved ?  Do you still need to go for an interview and confirm identity face to face?