AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

Yeah that's very unclear. I got bumped back a couple of weeks because I did not have my birth certificate so I had to phone my parents back home and they had to mail it to me. But after that I got an email straight away with the test date and time. Dealing with the DIBP requires huge amounts of persistence so I would just suggest to keep calling them.

Calling them up again waiting for call back 2 hr 25 mins still waiting for call?

Last time i called did not get call back option and waited 1hr 45 mins and wasted so much credit.

When they call you back they dont try again so sitting about here wondering am i going to be called back.

If they do probably just say some crap to to get me off there back. But i want to know why sent a later 1st july to say appointment is made and time and date be sent shortly when its not.

Doing my head in you would think compared to visas etc it be quicker etc to get these done.

Calling them up again waiting for call back 2 hr 25 mins still waiting for call?

Last time i called did not get call back option and waited 1hr 45 mins and wasted so much credit.

When they call you back they dont try again so sitting about here wondering am i going to be called back.

If they do probably just say some crap to to get me off there back. But i want to know why sent a later 1st july to say appointment is made and time and date be sent shortly when its not.

Doing my head in you would think compared to visas etc it be quicker etc to get these done.

When finally 3 hrs plus waiting for call back talked to a lady who was very helpful more helpful than i have had in past.

I explained why i not got a date for test etc when i got a letter saying it had been made.

She looked up and noticed this and said she find out and put me on hold and called up another department.

For some reason they said my application ended up in Melbourne if reasons behind it not sure as she does not know or they will never tell us why when it should have been for wa.

Not sure if this delayed my test date or has made any difference but was hoping cause of getting such letter on the 1st july and not hearing anything date of test btought forward.

Guy she talked to said he could book me in she said ok if she did it so she arranged it there and then.

31st oct which i was a bit unhappy with so i can count myself out of citizenship this year as last date at my council is i think start of nov gutted.

The other test date she had was later again.

But least it official and not wondering when or why not got a date.

But that will be 4 months of a wait for test appointment i suppose the cermonony will be just as long.

Surely they can do these quicker or add extra dates for cermony as one date in nov and none dec dont understand that.

Thanks! It was a normal application. Initially they gave me a date for 27Sept 2016 which was 3 months away, so I called them and re booked the appointment date to 27th June. Appointment went smoothly no issues with my documents, passed the test and received the approval letter in a week's time. City of Belmont received my details from Immigration 2 days after my approval letter ( I called them to check). I have received formal invitation to attend the ceremony :)a week after.

So what did you ask or say yo get different date?

i applied online 27th June not too long after you got emailed an appointment/test had been made and would be emailed shortly.

never heard anything called a few weeks back did not really get anywhere and called today again they said application was sent to Melbourne and should have been wa???

i questioned the letter by email about test I got on 1st July,lady called someone up and said earliest they have for me is 31st October.

i had hoped to at least get ceremony/citizenship this year but with that date no chance of that would be interested to know how you get it sooner or I'm sure there are loads trying the same thing.

what brings up dates sooner people not being able yo go? Surely most go on the dates given?

Anyone from Perth who got the test date recently?

I applied last week and my test date is first week of November. Called to check if I can reschedule and they say they don't have any openings before then? 3.5+ months for the test, this is insane.

I applied 27th and questioned why no test date yet and today after calling them given 31st October sucks as hoped it be much sooner and possibly a date for citizenship this year my councils last one is 1st nov.

Guest Sarah2016
For some reason they said my application ended up in Melbourne if reasons behind it not sure as she does not know or they will never tell us why when it should have been for wa.

Not sure if this delayed my test date or has made any difference but was hoping cause of getting such letter on the 1st july and not hearing anything date of test btought

OMG!!! This might have caused you so much delay?

Tell me about it was not expecting 31st October for test/appointment but not much I can do asked if there was any sooner answer was no.

You should be happy. At least you have now the chance to reschedule your test date.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good new guys. Citizenship test scheduled.

Date applied - 06/07/2016

City/Council area - City of Greater Dandenong (Victoria)

Online / Paper - Online

Date received the acknowledgement email - 06/07/2016

Date of the Citizenship Test - 31/07/2016

Approval letter dated - Waiting

Date of ceremony - Waiting

Please share your citizenship experience with City of Greater Dandenong. Cheers.

Guest Sarah2016

bwatt99 I read somewhere that the wait time for test is about 4 months in Perth. Are you applying from Perth?
I have read in other forums people in Perth attend test interview within few weeks

Good new guys. Citizenship test scheduled.

Date applied - 06/07/2016

City/Council area - City of Greater Dandenong (Victoria)

Online / Paper - Online

Date received the acknowledgement email - 06/07/2016

Date of the Citizenship Test - 31/07/2016

Approval letter dated - Waiting

Date of ceremony - Waiting

Please share your citizenship experience with City of Greater Dandenong. Cheers.

Hi James, when did u get the test date notification?....did u get the test date by email or post? Did u reschedule ur test date? I applied on the 7th haven't got a test date yet good luck to u james

Edited by Halceon1978
Add

My test date is in early November. I applied 2 weeks ago. Not much luck in rescheduling so far. Something happened in Perth, the lady on the phone said she thought Perth was like in September or something but didn't realize it filled up till November.

Hi Guys

Today i received my approval letter. Pretty fast in South Australia. My time line:

Applied : 01July16

Test email: 08 July16

Test date:21July16

Approval:21July16

Approval received: 27July16

Hi Guys

Today i received my approval letter. Pretty fast in South Australia. My time line:

Applied : 01July16

Test email: 08 July16

Test date:21July16

Approval:21July16

Approval received: 27July16

Congrats Roland!!! Hope you don't have to wait long for your ceremony.

Congrats Roland!!! Hope you don't have to wait long for your ceremony.

Thanks Chandnihorvath and wish u the same. Which one should i call ?DIBP or council to inquire regarding my ceremony? Do they say if we are allocated for a ceremony ?

Thanks Chandnihorvath and wish u the same. Which one should i call ?DIBP or council to inquire regarding my ceremony? Do they say if we are allocated for a ceremony ?

I rang them twice now (DIBP) because my council still does not have a date for the August ceremony. They said there's hardly anyone more than 25 people at this stage. And i was going in my head - Hello!!!!! Would you like me to volunteer to get the numbers up?? They asked me to call the DIBP. I rang them and they said nope I don't have a tentative date yet. And pretty much asked me, very politely, to not call until its 3 months unless I receive an invite before 3 month mark.

Have no idea how it all works. Maybe they have a quota to fulfil?

Hi OZZ, i am applying from Canada Bay.

Date applied: 21 July 2016

Received acknowledgement email: 21 July 2016

Received appointment schedule: 26 July 2016

Test date: 07 October 2016 (called them in 27/08 to get an earlier test date but there's no available, will try to call them again next week).

Hi James, when did u get the test date notification?....did u get the test date by email or post? Did u reschedule ur test date? I applied on the 7th haven't got a test date yet good luck to u james

Hi. It was email notification. I received on 22/07/16 for test date early September. I managed to change it to early August. Dont worry mate. You will be getting your test notification soon. Melbourne is not too bad compared to other cities. I heard Adelaide is really quick though. Good luck.

Called my council today (Hills Shire NSW). Currently they are having ceremonies for those approved in March. Council officer since I was approved mid May most likely I might get into the October ceremony or if I am lucky in September. The council boundaries have shifted so that is delaying things. I asked if the Hills Shire getting smaller would quicken things - however she said that may not be the case as the waiting list was around 300 the last she checked and every month about 40 new approvals get added. Each ceremony has about 120 applicants so we can do the Maths. Very helpful and got a lot of information, the officer even offered to contact the Department on my behalf and find out my tentative date of ceremony.

Guest Sarah2016
HI GUYS LINK TO RESCHEDULE THE TEST APPOINTMENT IN MELBOURNE CBD.

https://appointments.border.gov.au/login

unique client id and surname required to login. client id is in the email that was sent by the department.

if anyone wants to change it. let me know i will let you know the available dates.

i am not sure if it works for the other cities too.

Not working for NSW

Edited by Sarah2016