On 14/07/2020 at 11:59, lepea said:

I updated my updated my application on the 21st December so I don’t think last updated means that someone looked at it. 

Thanks! I hadn't realised there was an electronic form for the sponsor. I submitted in February and we finalised all of our documents last month. Hopefully this hasn't delayed us too much!🤞

On 10/07/2020 at 12:14, kazronicus said:

Hi all... I'd be really grateful if someone could take a look at their immi account and please let me know what your applications screen looks like! I imagine most people on here are straightforward partner visas so it'd be great to have a comparison...

I meant to reply to this!

On 16/07/2020 at 11:44, DUBtoBNE said:

Thanks! I hadn't realised there was an electronic form for the sponsor. I submitted in February and we finalised all of our documents last month. Hopefully this hasn't delayed us too much!🤞

I'm also confused by this. I thought I went through all the steps and had uploaded all the docs for my partner visa application. Is there another separate step required by the sponsor??

10 hours ago, doowry said:

I'm also confused by this. I thought I went through all the steps and had uploaded all the docs for my partner visa application. Is there another separate step required by the sponsor??

Hi sponsor needs to submit his own application, it can be done either from your immi account or sponsor can make his own! When you go to new application there is form 40sp sponsorship for partner to migrate to Australia done ✅ 

We applied for a 309/100 visa for my wife from London in Feb 2019.

In Dec 2019 we received an email with the assignment of a case officer and a request for medicals and police check. This was submitted and we have not heard anything since then. Is this lag normal? 

If we have the case officers ID number and name, is there any way to make contact to try and get an update?

Hi all,

I applied for another travel exemption last night had this reply within 5 hours.

I’ve completed my medicals, uploaded police checks for my husband and me, filled out the sponsors application and attached all the relevant documents. Could anyone shed some light on the ‘legal requirements’? 

69886D3E-327C-49B3-958B-80B45A0B2DC9.jpeg

Hi All,

Just need your help on a matter. I have the 300/100 visa, have already made arrangements to fly there on the 29th of September. I want to know what I need to do before flying? Do I just print the visa grant letter and fly or I need to apply for the exemption, etc?

5 hours ago, lepea said:

Hi all,

I applied for another travel exemption last night had this reply within 5 hours.

I’ve completed my medicals, uploaded police checks for my husband and me, filled out the sponsors application and attached all the relevant documents. Could anyone shed some light on the ‘legal requirements’? 

69886D3E-327C-49B3-958B-80B45A0B2DC9.jpeg

Oh gosh, I'm really sorry to hear that - I've been following these posts quietly and noticed that we're in much the same boat as you (we applied on 4 Sept last year and have heard nothing at all since then). The reference to 'legal requirements' could either mean that you're missing something (which hopefully your query will trigger them to issue a RFI for) or just that they've not yet met their legal requirements in assessing it. Either way - really frustrating. Was there any way to respond to the email?

We're actually in Australia (we came last Nov with my partner on a visitor visa), despite having applied offshore,  which is problematic as he now can't leave the country to have the visa granted if it does come through, and he can't work in the meantime. It's all just such a tricky process! We're thinking of applying for a renewal of his 600 visa now, even though it doesn't expire until November, in the hope that it gets them to look at our application before we have to have medicals redone etc etc.

@taraken thanks for your reply. Can I ask what visa you applied for your husband and how long it was granted for? 
I’m really wary of applying for the 600 as I’m not a genuine visitor and I’m also worried about having to leave Australia if it runs out (lack of flights, quarantine etc). 

@lepea We applied for a normal 600 visitor visa and linked it through the immi account. I can't remember the specifics of the form, but I'm fairly sure that we also made clear that he'd applied for the 390. We asked for a six month visa and they granted 12 months, which was unexpected but good, as it turns out! We're probably going to apply for a new 600 and explain the circumstances (he can go back to the UK but isn't guaranteed to be able to come back, and I'm working so can support us both) and hope that that triggers a look at the 390.

I understood that family of citizens and PRs are allowed into Australia (there's no grounds to deny them) but you do need a visitor visa to be able to come - I wonder if what they were referring to in their email was the fact that you didn't have a valid visa to enter (390 or a 600) and so couldn't be allowed to travel? From what I've seen on here other people are using 600s to get into the country. I would be surprised if they didn't give you a 12 month visa and once you're here, it would be very tricky to refuse a subsequent visa or try to send you back to the UK given you have children who are citizens. The only downside is the cost - it's about $300 for the visa application, which is a lot if you're not certain. I think it's worth a shot, though. I can't see how they'd refuse it, particularly if you need to be in Australia for personal reasons with your husband and children. 

On 27/07/2020 at 23:42, lepea said:

Thank you @taraken this really helps, I think we’ll apply for the 600 and sit tight. Apart for the no work rights is there anything that has been tricky having your husband on the 600 visa? 

No, it’s been really straightforward most of the time - it’s just the inability to work and also the worry about what happens when his 390 is approved and he has to leave the country to activate it. The $3k fee for compulsory quarantine is extortionate under those circumstances...

Fingers crossed for your 600!

On 29/07/2020 at 13:30, taraken said:

No, it’s been really straightforward most of the time - it’s just the inability to work and also the worry about what happens when his 390 is approved and he has to leave the country to activate it. The $3k fee for compulsory quarantine is extortionate under those circumstances...

Fingers crossed for your 600!

Hi, 

I applied for a new travel exemption and the 600 on Monday evening, both were granted last night. A 12 month stay and no ‘no further stay’ either. 

I agree, I’ll now worry about having to leave the country and activate my partner visa. Hopefully travel with New Zealand can resume at some point 🤞

Thank you @taraken ! 

Edited by lepea

46 minutes ago, lepea said:

Hi, 

I applied for a new travel exemption and the 600 on Monday evening, both were granted last night. A 12 month stay and no ‘no further stay’ either. 

I agree, I’ll now worry about having to leave the country and activate my partner visa. Hopefully travel with New Zealand can resume at some point 🤞

Thank you @taraken ! 

What wonderful news - congratulations! Hopefully this will get them to look at your 390 as well. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I applied (from London) on 1 December 2019. All documents front-loaded, save for a police certificate for my Aussie partner (he lived in South Africa for a time and apparently police certificates have to be applied for by post...still waiting on it!). As far as we know, no one has looked at our application. It still says "Received" in my immi account.

Before COVID-19 I travelled back and forth between London (where my work is based) and Perth (where my partner lives and works). I am able to work remotely, and I had my e-visitor, so was able to stay for up to 3 months at a time. Travelled to Perth in March, intending to stay for 2-3 months, but then COVID hit, the UK was a mess and everyone was working remotely, so no point in me going back to London. Before my 3 months was up I applied for a 600 visa. Had to wait 80 days (!) but finally got granted the 600 visa allowing me to stay another 6 months (until Feb 2021). 

We had hoped to get the partner visa by the end of this year, but with the processing times as they are now, I am not feeling very confident at all. Without a "no further stay" condition on my current 600 visa, I guess I could just apply for another one - does anyone have experience with repeat applications for a 600 visa? Would it be better to leave the country when my current 600 expires and just wait out the partner visa back in the UK? The timelines are so uncertain, which makes it difficult to plan...

Also wanted to ask if anyone on here is aware of/involved in this petition, see: https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-08-10/visa-backlog-keeping-couples-apart-as-department-of-home-affairs/12539312). There appears to be talk of removing the requirement for off-shore applicants (who happen to be in Australia when the  partner visa is granted) to leave Australia and re-enter the country, because of COVID. I sure hope so! Hope the government takes notice and deals with this ridiculous backlog.

Good luck to everyone!

55 minutes ago, Anais_V said:

Hi,

I applied (from London) on 1 December 2019. All documents front-loaded, save for a police certificate for my Aussie partner (he lived in South Africa for a time and apparently police certificates have to be applied for by post...still waiting on it!). As far as we know, no one has looked at our application. It still says "Received" in my immi account.

Before COVID-19 I travelled back and forth between London (where my work is based) and Perth (where my partner lives and works). I am able to work remotely, and I had my e-visitor, so was able to stay for up to 3 months at a time. Travelled to Perth in March, intending to stay for 2-3 months, but then COVID hit, the UK was a mess and everyone was working remotely, so no point in me going back to London. Before my 3 months was up I applied for a 600 visa. Had to wait 80 days (!) but finally got granted the 600 visa allowing me to stay another 6 months (until Feb 2021). 

We had hoped to get the partner visa by the end of this year, but with the processing times as they are now, I am not feeling very confident at all. Without a "no further stay" condition on my current 600 visa, I guess I could just apply for another one - does anyone have experience with repeat applications for a 600 visa? Would it be better to leave the country when my current 600 expires and just wait out the partner visa back in the UK? The timelines are so uncertain, which makes it difficult to plan...

Also wanted to ask if anyone on here is aware of/involved in this petition, see: https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-08-10/visa-backlog-keeping-couples-apart-as-department-of-home-affairs/12539312). There appears to be talk of removing the requirement for off-shore applicants (who happen to be in Australia when the  partner visa is granted) to leave Australia and re-enter the country, because of COVID. I sure hope so! Hope the government takes notice and deals with this ridiculous backlog.

Good luck to everyone!

I have heard of a few people who did repeat 600 because of covid and will require a medical if done onshore. Most were until Feb 2021, so i think government is hoping borders will re-open by then.

Dont want to be pessimistic but I think chances of visa coming through this year for 309 if you are onshore is pretty slim what with borders closed and passenger caps until at least october.   

As for that news item - there is a whole facebook group /page for the campaign (Grant Offshore Visa Partners Now - Australia).  The petition link is https://www.aph.gov.au/petition_list?id=EN1677  which can only be signed by Aus Citizens/Residents so more signatures the better for the government to take notice.

Edited by GRS
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, GRS said:

I have heard of a few people who did repeat 600 because of covid and will require a medical if done onshore. Most were until Feb 2021, so i think government is hoping borders will re-open by then.

Dont want to be pessimistic but I think chances of visa coming through this year for 309 if you are onshore is pretty slim what with borders closed and passenger caps until at least october.   

As for that news item - there is a whole facebook group /page for the campaign (Grant Offshore Visa Partners Now - Australia).  The petition link is https://www.aph.gov.au/petition_list?id=EN1677  which can only be signed by Aus Citizens/Residents so more signatures the better for the government to take notice.

Thanks - will check out the petition!

My husband was on a 600 and ran out in may. But we got our email in march for him to leave australia cause they were ready to grant him his visa but he could due to boarders being closed so we then applied for another 600 waited 3 months no need for medical he got granted 4 days before he was flying back to uk to leave for his parntner visa to be granted was gutted as i just filled out the refund form. He was in the uk 3 days and got granted his temp visa followed by hid permanent visa returns in Friday for 2 weeks quarintine. Plenty of people are still getting granted their visa onshore and off.

10 hours ago, Anais_V said:

Hi,

Good luck to everyone!

We applied from London in early December and uploaded all of the required docs/evidence, too. Our status also says 'received'. Does anyone know if immi is still looking at offshore apps? Or is everything on hold for the foreseeable? 

Thanks, 

W

Hi guys quick question, when applying for an exemption to travel, do you have to apply for the 600 visa prior to applying? And when you fill out the exemption request when it asks you to reference the visa in question would you reference your 309/100 as well as the 600 in hopes that it may get expedited and so that they can view all the required evidence that’s already been uploaded onto your existing application or so you need to resubmit all your evidence at the time of applying for the exemption? Thanks :)

On 27/07/2020 at 12:18, lepea said:

@Furqan with the 309/100 you don’t need an exemption. 

56255BE7-4DED-4FB5-B9D1-F1F20EB81995.jpeg

Yes you are exempt, you still need the g2g pass, my husband has the same visa and i am an Australian citizen, we both had to apply for the pass. Anyone over 18 must apply who are entering WA ONLY.  They are free and required by WA police.

The passes will be approved once evidence has been shown of a pending flight.  Hope this helps.

• Like 1

On 16/08/2020 at 12:50, Bjv002 said:

Hi guys quick question, when applying for an exemption to travel, do you have to apply for the 600 visa prior to applying? And when you fill out the exemption request when it asks you to reference the visa in question would you reference your 309/100 as well as the 600 in hopes that it may get expedited and so that they can view all the required evidence that’s already been uploaded onto your existing application or so you need to resubmit all your evidence at the time of applying for the exemption? Thanks 🙂

Hi, I applied for one exemption and referenced my partner visa, 4 weeks later I got an email saying they were not able to expedite my visa at this time. 
Then applied for the 600 and exemption at the same time and both were approved in 3 days. 
You can attach 5 documents for evidence on the exemption. 

Edited by lepea

On 12/08/2020 at 14:31, UKAUS said:

We applied from London in early December and uploaded all of the required docs/evidence, too. Our status also says 'received'. Does anyone know if immi is still looking at offshore apps? Or is everything on hold for the foreseeable? 

Thanks, 

W

Would also be interested to know if anyone is hearing anything about offshore 309 visa progress .. we had just submitted my medical and police check (both all clear) in March after receiving RFI at end of Feb, but since then haven’t heard anything. Felt like we were so close to getting it granted but also understand why it’s gone quiet! Any thoughts / theories on when visa grants might restart?

On 18/08/2020 at 08:17, lepea said:

Hi, I applied for one exemption and referenced my partner visa, 4 weeks later I got an email saying they were not able to expedite my visa at this time. 
Then applied for the 600 and exemption at the same time and both were approved in 3 days. 
You can attach 5 documents for evidence on the exemption. 

Hi there - this is encouraging. I am in the same situation - Australian partner of 17 years, two dual citizen children together, awaiting my partner visa. I have applied for the 600 visa and since immi says I can only apply for exemption up to 3 months prior to travel I will have to wait until October (travelling - hopefully on 30th Dec). My question is will they only really consider me if my circumstances require compassionate exemption? We've been planning the relocation for a year now, children start school on the Sunshine coast in January. My husband says he's happy to take them over initially but I cant leave a 9 and 6 year old (who is autistic) without their Mamma! It's so stressful all this. I'm nervous I wont even get the exemption!