7 hours ago, eurokaz said:

OMG, just got the golden email!! I thought I would be more relieved but it just feels surreal after all the waiting. Interestingly we got it from another case officer Zacharenia), so I wonder if our other case officer left or is off sick so that has been the hold up?! 

You guys have kept me sane, thank you!

Fantastic news!! So pleased for you. 

Best wishes for your future and good luck with everything 

Tania

• Thanks 1
  • Congratulations 1

6 hours ago, CEP said:

@eurokaz Haa I’ve been in Oz since October. I’ve been in nz for just over a week. Had hoped my visa would magically appear!

by the power of the spreadsheet.... I should be soon.

@Heather Kennedy any news???

No, still checking emails far too often!!

Delighted for everyone else who has received their grants recently and fingers crossed they still keep coming soon for the rest of us. Great having the support of this forum and of course the spreadsheet,  cheers all.

9 hours ago, eurokaz said:

OMG, just got the golden email!! I thought I would be more relieved but it just feels surreal after all the waiting. Interestingly we got it from another case officer Zacharenia), so I wonder if our other case officer left or is off sick so that has been the hold up?! 

Congrats @eurokaz such fantastic news!!!

• Thanks 1

If your on shore & you get the email to say its going to be granted, how long do you get to leave? Im flying out next week on tourist visa, so just looking at flight prices to NZ & they vary quite a bit in price! Im trying to have a rough idea of extra costs incase my grant doesnt come this week, im praying it does as its looking around £2000 for flights/hotel etc for myself & 3 children xx

11 hours ago, eurokaz said:

Congratulations!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ZoeHoulding said:

If your on shore & you get the email to say its going to be granted, how long do you get to leave? Im flying out next week on tourist visa, so just looking at flight prices to NZ & they vary quite a bit in price! Im trying to have a rough idea of extra costs incase my grant doesnt come this week, im praying it does as its looking around £2000 for flights/hotel etc for myself & 3 children xx

They didn’t give us a date to leave by and asked us to email them our travel arrangements when we had made them. It does state to allow 5 days away for grant. The issue is because we want our countdown to my husband working to start ASAP we are limited to whatever fares are available in the next week (school holiday time too!).

it cost us £612 return to go this Saturday for 7 days - but we were lucky to get a cheap return fare (half the price of the flight out)

2 hours ago, ZoeHoulding said:

I had until May to leave. Agent notified embassy on the Friday I was leaving on Saturday. Visa granted on the Tuesday and  100 visa approved also. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CEP said:

It’s got to be soon surely?!?!

i wonder what I’ll have in my life post-visa..?? That’s right.... a job!! 

A job and an 820/801 application 🙈

Oh don't! At least take a week off between visa application hell! Although I do feel there'll need to be some sort of spreadsheet "passing of the torch/knighthood" that happens once yours is approved!

• Like 1