Subclass 887 Visa - processing times

Cherries

14 hours ago, jane123 said:

@Russki please see my message above thanks!

Hi @jane123🙂 yes, we have difficulties with registration on that forum for some reason. Please try to email the forum admin: admin@pomsinadelaide.com

I hope they can help. If not, let me know and I will try to email them. 🙂 

• 1 month later...
On 02/07/2018 at 20:40, upen said:

if ur 489 visa is not expire, bridging visa is not affective. Bridging visa effects from the day 489 visa expires. I have applied for 887 visa on april. and it shows same time (9-12 month). Does it really take that long?

have you received your visa?

Guys I had applied for 887 Visa on 28th Nov 2017. Case officer asked for all the documents (repeat documents) again on 18th May 2018 including wife's English language ability score which we provided asap. Case officer again asked for some more documents on 1st Aug 2018 (this time just further documents to support residency in regional area). I provided everything I had related to residency in regional area the next day. And from that day till now (5th Feb 2019) there is no communication/update from case officer. Have called migration plenty of times and the response from them was that I just need to wait. can't do anything else. I have also sent follow up emails couple of times but there is no response from case officer. Wonder what has happened.!!

Any suggestions what I should do in this case..?? I am processing this through MARA agent but he also suggests me to wait...

On 05/02/2019 at 16:20, Riz said:

Guys I had applied for 887 Visa on 28th Nov 2017. Case officer asked for all the documents (repeat documents) again on 18th May 2018 including wife's English language ability score which we provided asap. Case officer again asked for some more documents on 1st Aug 2018 (this time just further documents to support residency in regional area). I provided everything I had related to residency in regional area the next day. And from that day till now (5th Feb 2019) there is no communication/update from case officer. Have called migration plenty of times and the response from them was that I just need to wait. can't do anything else. I have also sent follow up emails couple of times but there is no response from case officer. Wonder what has happened.!!

Any suggestions what I should do in this case..?? I am processing this through MARA agent but he also suggests me to wait...

Hi @Riz, I applied for 887 in September 2017, it has now been almost 17 months since my application date, so I can understand your frustration. 🙂 I got a few requests from immigration for additional documents, and I submitted them all. Now I hired a lawyer to help me with communication with the Department. But even the lawyer suggests that I just wait. He asked me not to complain or call them any more but wait. 

However, I know a few people from another forum who received their grants shortly after submitting complaints.

So, not sure what to suggest here, apart from: "just wait"? 🙂 

On 04/02/2019 at 10:17, YATRI said:

Sorry not replying but asking same question.

Hi All,

We applied for 887 on 01/07/2018, still the status is Received.Any Idea how long does it take for immigration to assign CO.

Any leads will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

I believe they do not assign COs these days, your application is picked up by any available CO from the team and then placed back in the pile until next time, unless you get a direct grant. 🙂

The COs are not picking up new files at the moment, but the last files to have been picked up were of January/February 2018 applicants. So it seems you have a bit of a wait ahead of you..🙂 

Look at this statistics, this may help you gauge:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ApeHDAjEH60WFBNLeq14wvGzegiqGC4KD0U-OyH_w6U/edit#gid=0

You can add your name and dates on this tracker, if you wish. 🙂 

4 hours ago, Russki said:

Hi @Riz, I applied for 887 in September 2017, it has now been almost 17 months since my application date, so I can understand your frustration. 🙂 I got a few requests from immigration for additional documents, and I submitted them all. Now I hired a lawyer to help me with communication with the Department. But even the lawyer suggests that I just wait. He asked me not to complain or call them any more but wait. 

However, I know a few people from another forum who received their grants shortly after submitting complaints.

WOW 😬😬

This is ridiculous. As far as I am concerned we are meeting our end of the bargain. We will have satisfied the visa requirements twice over by the time they grant residency. So we are meant to just put our lives on hold??????????

We want to make a life for ourselves in this beautiful country. We are all hard working, tax paying residents, abiding by the rules, respecting the country, bending over backwards, paying heaps of money. It's a kick to the guts that they treat us like this.

1 hour ago, Cazwilkins said:

WOW 😬😬

This is ridiculous. As far as I am concerned we are meeting our end of the bargain. We will have satisfied the visa requirements twice over by the time they grant residency. So we are meant to just put our lives on hold??????????

We want to make a life for ourselves in this beautiful country. We are all hard working, tax paying residents, abiding by the rules, respecting the country, bending over backwards, paying heaps of money. It's a kick to the guts that they treat us like this.

Unfortunately you are dealing with a bureaucracy and you are under no obligation to apply, it is what it is. You don't have to put your lives on hold, you can do what you like, go somewhere else if you get a better offer but remember that the process isn't for your benefit. It's your choice to sit and wait or if you can't be bothered then move on. Australia is under no obligation to take anyone just because they want to live there. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Cazwilkins said:

WOW 😬😬

Yes, I know how you feel... And yes, my life has been "on hold" for a while now, it is extremely frustrating - can't get a job I want, can't buy a house, can't go back to see my parents in Russia... 😞  My friends are delaying having a baby (!!!) because of this wait, they are too scared of additional months wait when you add a baby to your application. Not much we can do, but wait. 

https://www.change.org/p/david-coleman-reduce-processing-time-for-887-pr-visa-to-7-months

On 11/02/2019 at 17:46, Quoll said:

Unfortunately you are dealing with a bureaucracy and you are under no obligation to apply, it is what it is. You don't have to put your lives on hold, you can do what you like, go somewhere else if you get a better offer but remember that the process isn't for your benefit. It's your choice to sit and wait or if you can't be bothered then move on. Australia is under no obligation to take anyone just because they want to live there. 

Isn't that a bit harsh? I mean the immigrants are not asking for a free pass, just asking for their right. Its because of people like you who think its normal that the immigration department are taking their sweet time to play with peoples lives. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, zorkor said:

Isn't that a bit harsh? I mean the immigrants are not asking for a free pass, just asking for their right. Its because of people like you who think its normal that the immigration department are taking their sweet time to play with peoples lives. 

Immigration have always taken their time, as an applicant we knew that there was no guarantee that our visa would be granted, so like Quoll suggested we got on with our lives and didn't put them on hold because at the end of the day, despite our skills Immigration could have said no.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, zorkor said:

It is not their "right" though. 

Australia grants visas as a privilege to people it believes merits them.No one has a "right" to a visa, even if they have submitted an application and paid a fee. Most of us on this forum have been through it, many more than once, so we all know what it is like and the majority of us just got on with our lives during the wait. Immigration even advise people not to make decisions based on visa grants until they happen, They do not expect you to put you life on hold, and if you do, well, that your problem, not theirs.

It is quite normal for any visa applicant in any country to have to wait for a grant. If you don't like that fact, don't leave your home country. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, zorkor said:

They dont have "rights".  People apply for a visa and if they are lucky enough they may get one.  It's not a God given right that they are entitled to one at all.  They're not playing with peoples' lives, they're working through the process.  What people choose to do with their lives while they wait - for success or not - is up to them.  Nobody is forcing them to stay in Australia if they don't like the way things are going - it's a free country, they may leave.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, zorkor said:

who think its normal that the immigration department are taking their sweet time

On the day you applied another 1600 people also did.  That is the average number  PER DAY applying  for Australian work/residence visas.  Much of their "sweet time", as you put it, is spent waiting on information from other countries - which are in no hurry to help  an Australian government department.  You are but a tiny minnow in a very big sea.  

• Like 7

12 hours ago, zorkor said:

I'm an immigrant.  I never assumed I had a "right" to live in Australia.    Australia will accept the people they want to accept, and that's THEIR right.  If you get accepted for a visa,  you are lucky.  If you don't, you are unlucky.  You have a better chance of success than winning the lottery, but it's still a lottery.  

If you want to migrate to Australia, you are supposed to stay in your own country and apply from there. Then you can get on with your life while you wait to hear if you've been successful.  If you choose to use a backdoor method which involves staying in Australia on a bridging visa, you've created your own difficulties so you can hardly complain.

Edited by Marisawright
  • Like 4

On 17/02/2019 at 03:19, Nemesis said:

It is not their "right" though. 

Australia grants visas as a privilege to people it believes merits them.No one has a "right" to a visa, even if they have submitted an application and paid a fee. Most of us on this forum have been through it, many more than once, so we all know what it is like and the majority of us just got on with our lives during the wait. Immigration even advise people not to make decisions based on visa grants until they happen, They do not expect you to put you life on hold, and if you do, well, that your problem, not theirs.

It is quite normal for any visa applicant in any country to have to wait for a grant. If you don't like that fact, don't leave your home country. 

Again, I feel that you have something against the migrants who are just asking for their simple right to stay in Australia. Saying words such as "don't leave your country" is like saying don't expect anything in return even if you have paid your taxes for years. As I said, its people like you who make the lives of other migrants hard with their " don't like it then don't come mentality". 

• Like 1

On 17/02/2019 at 05:57, Quoll said:

They dont have "rights".  People apply for a visa and if they are lucky enough they may get one.  It's not a God given right that they are entitled to one at all.  They're not playing with peoples' lives, they're working through the process.  What people choose to do with their lives while they wait - for success or not - is up to them.  Nobody is forcing them to stay in Australia if they don't like the way things are going - it's a free country, they may leave.

yeah, its a "free country" to play with peoples lives, money and time. yeah right. 

1 hour ago, zorkor said:

Again, I feel that you have something against the migrants who are just asking for their simple right to stay in Australia. Saying words such as "don't leave your country" is like saying don't expect anything in return even if you have paid your taxes for years. As I said, its people like you who make the lives of other migrants hard with their " don't like it then don't come mentality". 

I think you miss the point. You don't have a "right" to stay in Australia. Obviously you arrived on a visa which allowed you into the country temporarily. If you wanted to stay permanently then you should have applied for a permanent visa before you arrived in the country. Doesn't matter if you've paid your taxes - that's your responsibility as a guest worker in the country and just because you've complied, doesn't mean it gives you the right to stay nor the right to whinge about the process you have embarked upon. If you'd stayed at home and applied for a permanent visa straight up then you wouldn't be in the situation you are in. Nobody is making you stay, what is happening to you is the result of the approach you have taken to getting into the country and you should, perhaps, have done it differently.

Edited by Quoll
  • Like 2

On ‎11‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 12:03, Russki said:

Hi @Russki. An update for my application. Case officer opened the file and looks like he cleared all the documents but he asked only for updated AFP for myself and my wife as it got expired after 1 year.. 😒 So was waiting for 14 months and now had to submit an updated AFP and waiting period starts again. Hopefully not for too long this time.. 🤞

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Quoll said:

I think you miss the point. You don't have a "right" to stay in Australia. Obviously you arrived on a visa which allowed you into the country temporarily. If you wanted to stay permanently then you should have applied for a permanent visa before you arrived in the country. Doesn't matter if you've paid your taxes - that's your responsibility as a guest worker in the country and just because you've complied, doesn't mean it gives you the right to stay nor the right to whinge about the process you have embarked upon. If you'd stayed at home and applied for a permanent visa straight up then you wouldn't be in the situation you are in. Nobody is making you stay, what is happening to you is the result of the approach you have taken to getting into the country and you should, perhaps, have done it differently.

What visa's are permanent if you don't mind me asking? I wasn't aware there are permanent visa's? All require certain requirements before you can apply for residency. 

I am on a 489 visa. Skilled regional occupational visa based on the fact I have a skill that is on the skills shortage list. I have to live and work in a regional area for 2 years and work for 12 months. I have worked for the full two years and lived in the regional area for 2 years. Hence why the frustration at the wait for residency because we have made a new life here and we are embracing every minute of it. Facing the chance of not being granted residency because of the changes going on, actually makes me feel sick. This is all I have ever wanted since age 8 (now age 30). The thought of going back to England makes me very sad, put it that way!

• Like 1

The reality of applying for a visa to emigrate to Australia is that irrespective of whether  you apply on shore or offshore, you have to wait until your application gets to the top of the pile, gets assessed and hopefully approved. No point winging it’s equally frustrating  for everyone.

Sadly no one is special, just an unknown name on a piece of paper in a queue.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Cazwilkins said:

What visa's are permanent if you don't mind me asking? I wasn't aware there are permanent visa's? All require certain requirements before you can apply for residency. 

I am on a 489 visa. Skilled regional occupational visa based on the fact I have a skill that is on the skills shortage list. I have to live and work in a regional area for 2 years and work for 12 months. I have worked for the full two years and lived in the regional area for 2 years. Hence why the frustration at the wait for residency because we have made a new life here and we are embracing every minute of it. Facing the chance of not being granted residency because of the changes going on, actually makes me feel sick. This is all I have ever wanted since age 8 (now age 30). The thought of going back to England makes me very sad, put it that way!

Some visas you can apply for if eligible grant PR as soon as granted, therefore you apply for a permanent visa, as against applying for  a temporary visa and still have  to fulfill more conditions before hopefully making it a permanent.visa, usually a few years later. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Cazwilkins said:

Of course there are permanent visas - lots of them. Some skills based visas, some family stream visas and some business/investment visas all come with immediate permanent residency. They are the most-desirable visa types and loads of people have them. 

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/permanent-resident/visa-options

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, NickyNook said:

Of course there are permanent visas - lots of them. Some skills based visas, some family stream visas and some business/investment visas all come with immediate permanent residency. They are the most-desirable visa types and loads of people have them. 

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/permanent-resident/visa-options

Oh of course, I remember my profession was taken off the 189 visa 2 months after I applied so had to go for a 489! That's the way the cookie crumbles!

1 hour ago, Cazwilkins said:

Oh of course, I remember my profession was taken off the 189 visa 2 months after I applied so had to go for a 489! That's the way the cookie crumbles!

Sadly, if you come on a temporary or provisional visa you should always assume that the default position is that you return home at the end of it, much as you may like it in Australia. If your profession was taken off the list for PR it was always going to be a risk because it can't be in that much demand. 

• Like 1