register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Cherries

Subclass 887 Visa - processing times

Hi all,

We lodged for permanent residency from the 489 to a Subclass 887 visa on the 9th Jan. Status for the processing times keeps changing and has extended no to 9-12 months. From experience does this mean we would still be within 9-12 months or would we go from the original time quoted of about 4-6 months??? so frustrating with the timeline keep changing.

Interested to hear from anyone else still waiting on this visa

Sorry i'm not answering the question but asking another - are you now on a bridging visa until you get the 887??

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, lewisant48 said:

Sorry i'm not answering the question but asking another - are you now on a bridging visa until you get the 887??

A 489 visa holder can apply directly for a 887 and doesn't need a bridging visa.

Did you ask about a bridging visa because that sometimes extends the processing times?

Edited by RRR2020

We automatically set up a bridging visa at the time of lodging the 887 visa through our agent, but didnt ask for it at the time. 

if ur 489 visa is not expire, bridging visa is not affective. Bridging visa effects from the day 489 visa expires. I have applied for 887 visa on april. and it shows same time (9-12 month). Does it really take that long?

I hope it wont take that long !  When we originally lodged it was upto approx 7 months, but then its changed. So i dont know if we are now in the 9-12 month bracket !!!! who knows !!

On 01/07/2018 at 18:16, Cherries said:

Hi all,

We lodged for permanent residency from the 489 to a Subclass 887 visa on the 9th Jan. Status for the processing times keeps changing and has extended no to 9-12 months. From experience does this mean we would still be within 9-12 months or would we go from the original time quoted of about 4-6 months??? so frustrating with the timeline keep changing.

Interested to hear from anyone else still waiting on this visa

Hi Cherries,

Some nice person set up a spreadsheet tracker for 887 applicants, and it shows application dates, case officer contact dates and grant dates, basically, timelines. ? 

You can find it here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ApeHDAjEH60WFBNLeq14wvGzegiqGC4KD0U-OyH_w6U/edit#gid=0

You will notice that for some people it take under 3 months to get a grant and for some over 11 months. There is no blanket rule. 

Please feel free to share this tracker with others, fill your own details in the tracker - it is free for everyone to use and edit. ? 

And this is the link to another forum thread you may find useful:

https://www.pomsinadelaide.com/topic/44612-887-visa-whats-the-update/?page=914

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to add to this thread. My Partner and I applied for our 887 Visa (From 489 Visa) on 31st January 2018. We were granted our 887 Permanent Visa on 24/9/2018. We provided all documentation on with our application and were just granted our 887 visa without them requesting further documents from us. We couldn't be any happier! I just wanted to let everyone know that it took around 8 months for ours to be granted and wish everyone the best. ?

Jamie

• Like 3

Hi Everyone,

I applied for our 887 visa on 26th Jan 2018. The status still is still 'Recieved'. Does the status changes when case officer is assigned? I'm not even sure if case officer is assigned for our case. This is stressing !!

Hi Everyone,
I applied for our 887 visa on 26th Jan 2018. The status still is still 'Recieved'. Does the status changes when case officer is assigned? I'm not even sure if case officer is assigned for our case. This is stressing !!

Hi,

Check this group for advice..

887 Visa - What's the update?
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_fid=4047&share_tid=44612&url=https://www.pomsinadelaide.com/index.php?/topic/44612-887-Visa---What%27s-the-update%3F&share_type=t

On 08/10/2018 at 18:56, SukhRav said:

Hi Everyone,

mine states “INITIAL ASSESSMENT” and that was on the 23 July. it asked me to upload more evidence of my working hours, they had looked at the unit rate I am on which was $35 an hour and taken it that I was working 35 hours a week, so they deemed I had not worked full time hours for the first year. My agent also thought this was my working hours per week......

Since this date and after submitting further evidence all within 7 days I am still waiting, it’s been approx 12 weeks since the first contact from them.... So frustrating, we just want to go ahead and buy a house and make our home. 

Still days 10-11 months, so I just hope that we are almost on the home stretch, though it wouldn’t surprise me if they change the processing times again.

Dear Team Members,

I happy to have found this forum to get insights before applying for 887.

I need a few clarifications if you all could help me with it. I just drafted them here so if kind members can share their input please.

1. I have new born baby born in Adelaide 6 months ago, does she have to go through medical when I apply for 887?

2. Can moving interstate after completing 2 years in Adelaide after completing 2 years residence requirement and more than 1 year of work cause a problem?

- Has someone moved interstate while being on 489 and after apply for 887?

3. Do I need to get new Police clearance even though I submitted  while applying for 489 and I didn't go back to all those countries again?

4. after applying for 887 are we eligible for medicare?

Would appreciate if someone can guide me on these points so I can make arrangements accordingly.

Thanks in advance :)

On ‎13‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 09:09, Tawki said:

Dear Team Members,

I happy to have found this forum to get insights before applying for 887.

I need a few clarifications if you all could help me with it. I just drafted them here so if kind members can share their input please.

1. I have new born baby born in Adelaide 6 months ago, does she have to go through medical when I apply for 887?

2. Can moving interstate after completing 2 years in Adelaide after completing 2 years residence requirement and more than 1 year of work cause a problem?

- Has someone moved interstate while being on 489 and after apply for 887?

3. Do I need to get new Police clearance even though I submitted  while applying for 489 and I didn't go back to all those countries again?

4. after applying for 887 are we eligible for medicare?

Would appreciate if someone can guide me on these points so I can make arrangements accordingly.

Thanks in advance 🙂

can some please help me with these enquiries?

Just checked the status of our 887 Visa. Its now changed again from 10-11 months to now 12-15 months !

Anybody else received theirs recently ?