You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Had a little rain on the Redlands Coast last week but not nearly enough and it has been hot this week with new March records set here.  Told to expect thunderstorms from tomorrow arvo but won’t hold my breath as we haven’t seen a single one throughout spring and summer which is highly irregular.

High nighttime temperatures too.

Timeline: 309/100 Sent 7/8/13, Money Taken 9/8/13, CO appointed 3/9/13. Med 3/12/13. Police check 4/12/13. VISA GRANTED 8/4/14, Subclass100. Recce August 2014. Arrived 30 July 2015.

Nice late summer / early autumn weather in Melbourne this week and last after a really nasty spell of high 30's temps in late Feb. Unfortunately it's going to be warm again next week so we're going to have to wait a bit for autumn proper. ☺️

16 hours ago, Bulya said:

Has been for weeks here even though hitting 30+.  23 max today and I’m freezing!

I wouldn't say it feels like autumn with those temps.  It's very still here - no breeze - yesterday it didn't reach 20.  23 is warm as far as I'm concerned.  Folk are still wearing shorts here.  It's 18 just now and perfect.  Clear blue sky.  You can keep your 30+.  😋

12 minutes ago, Toots said:

I wouldn't say it feels like autumn with those temps.  It's very still here - no breeze - yesterday it didn't reach 20.  23 is warm as far as I'm concerned.  Folk are still wearing shorts here.  It's 18 just now and perfect.  Clear blue sky.  You can keep your 30+.  😋

28 forecast today.  Remember humidity here is usually extremely low (10-20%), so a day when it’s 30 is pleasantly warm.  If the humidity was higher, it would be a different matter entirely 

5 hours ago, Bulya said:

28 forecast today.  Remember humidity here is usually extremely low (10-20%), so a day when it’s 30 is pleasantly warm.  If the humidity was higher, it would be a different matter entirely 

Please tell it to cool down. We arrive in 2 weeks and anything over 23 is too warm LOL Even in dry Canberra!

• Like 1

Just now, Quoll said:

Please tell it to cool down. We arrive in 2 weeks and anything over 23 is too warm LOL Even in dry Canberra!

Currently 21.7.  Far to cool, but humidity is 55% (pre storm).

Still waiting for the rain to come- it has been a very dry year for us. Could do with some of Sydney's rain.

Drove back to the Sunshine Coast this afternoon from Brisbane. An horrendous thunderstorm the whole way, everyone driving very slowly and sensibly thank goodness, as visibility very very poor at times. Took nearer 3 hours than the normal 1hr 30. but we need the rain so mustn’t complain, was a bit frightening though.

4.50 am and 26 C. With 82% humidity...And maybe a thunder storm in 10 minutes.

Cheers, Bobj.

Finally some proper rain and the water tanks refilling.  Welcome relief.  Plenty of rain to come for the days ahead too.

• Like 2

Timeline: 309/100 Sent 7/8/13, Money Taken 9/8/13, CO appointed 3/9/13. Med 3/12/13. Police check 4/12/13. VISA GRANTED 8/4/14, Subclass100. Recce August 2014. Arrived 30 July 2015.

The weather on the north coast was absolutely beautiful yesterday.  Cloudless sky, very slight breeze and 22C.  On our way back from Bridport we had a glorious sunset.  A good end to a perfect day.  Today is also a nice one but a bit cloudier.  No rain forecast yet.

Fair bit of rain during the night.  Today is muggy and warm.  Yuck.

Currently 26C and 42% humidity.  Not keen on the humidity 

• Like 1

Perth is having a lovely warm spell with very little wind for the last week or so. Bit humid but good for going down the beach after work.

Did a triathlon last Sunday and the 10k run was getting pretty warm. About 32 degrees when we finished about 10:30.

Still- no rain.  Getting desperate now, its been weeks. Muggy again today, looking forward to cooler weather at this stage.

Visiting the UK at the moment to see family and I honestly never thought I'd miss the good old 12c and light rain but here I am haha! 

On 20/03/2019 at 15:15, Paul1Perth said:

Perth is having a lovely warm spell with very little wind for the last week or so. Bit humid but good for going down the beach after work.

Did a triathlon last Sunday and the 10k run was getting pretty warm. About 32 degrees when we finished about 10:30.

Perth weather has been crap this week I've needed the AC on driving to work at 6am horrible sticky humid, thankfully its easing a lovely weekend ahead.

4 hours ago, alicedaniels said:

Visiting the UK at the moment to see family and I honestly never thought I'd miss the good old 12c and light rain but here I am haha! 

No thanks will be grateful if I never ever experience anything other than the best UK summer ever! 

• Haha 1

On 20/03/2019 at 12:25, Bulya said:

Currently 26C and 42% humidity.  Not keen on the humidity 

31 C and 76% yesterday and spent an hour with the whipper-snipper before the weekly mowing...Cyclone 'Trevor' has put a big cloud blanket over Central Qld. keeping the humidity up.

Cheers, Bobj.

2 hours ago, Bobj said:

31 C and 76% yesterday and spent an hour with the whipper-snipper before the weekly mowing...Cyclone 'Trevor' has put a big cloud blanket over Central Qld. keeping the humidity up.

Cheers, Bobj.

Yuk!

2 hours ago, Bulya said:

Yuk!

4 shirts weather, Bully...😂

Cheers, Bobj.

It's just finished raining really heavily here in Devonport.  

yay.gif

We got some rain yesterday- lovely. Everything smells fresh and the cicadas came out to play.