Jump to content

You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Recommended Posts

Had a little rain on the Redlands Coast last week but not nearly enough and it has been hot this week with new March records set here.  Told to expect thunderstorms from tomorrow arvo but won’t hold my breath as we haven’t seen a single one throughout spring and summer which is highly irregular.

High nighttime temperatures too.


Timeline: 309/100 Sent 7/8/13, Money Taken 9/8/13, CO appointed 3/9/13. Med 3/12/13. Police check 4/12/13. VISA GRANTED 8/4/14, Subclass100. Recce August 2014. Arrived 30 July 2015.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice late summer / early autumn weather in Melbourne this week and last after a really nasty spell of high 30's temps in late Feb. Unfortunately it's going to be warm again next week so we're going to have to wait a bit for autumn proper. ☺️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Bulya said:

Has been for weeks here even though hitting 30+.  23 max today and I’m freezing!

I wouldn't say it feels like autumn with those temps.  It's very still here - no breeze - yesterday it didn't reach 20.  23 is warm as far as I'm concerned.  Folk are still wearing shorts here.  It's 18 just now and perfect.  Clear blue sky.  You can keep your 30+.  😋

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Toots said:

I wouldn't say it feels like autumn with those temps.  It's very still here - no breeze - yesterday it didn't reach 20.  23 is warm as far as I'm concerned.  Folk are still wearing shorts here.  It's 18 just now and perfect.  Clear blue sky.  You can keep your 30+.  😋

28 forecast today.  Remember humidity here is usually extremely low (10-20%), so a day when it’s 30 is pleasantly warm.  If the humidity was higher, it would be a different matter entirely 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Bulya said:

28 forecast today.  Remember humidity here is usually extremely low (10-20%), so a day when it’s 30 is pleasantly warm.  If the humidity was higher, it would be a different matter entirely 

Please tell it to cool down. We arrive in 2 weeks and anything over 23 is too warm LOL Even in dry Canberra!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Quoll said:

Please tell it to cool down. We arrive in 2 weeks and anything over 23 is too warm LOL Even in dry Canberra!

Currently 21.7.  Far to cool, but humidity is 55% (pre storm).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still waiting for the rain to come- it has been a very dry year for us. Could do with some of Sydney's rain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Drove back to the Sunshine Coast this afternoon from Brisbane. An horrendous thunderstorm the whole way, everyone driving very slowly and sensibly thank goodness, as visibility very very poor at times. Took nearer 3 hours than the normal 1hr 30. but we need the rain so mustn’t complain, was a bit frightening though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4.50 am and 26 C. With 82% humidity...And maybe a thunder storm in 10 minutes.

Cheers, Bobj.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally some proper rain and the water tanks refilling.  Welcome relief.  Plenty of rain to come for the days ahead too.

  • Like 2

Timeline: 309/100 Sent 7/8/13, Money Taken 9/8/13, CO appointed 3/9/13. Med 3/12/13. Police check 4/12/13. VISA GRANTED 8/4/14, Subclass100. Recce August 2014. Arrived 30 July 2015.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The weather on the north coast was absolutely beautiful yesterday.  Cloudless sky, very slight breeze and 22C.  On our way back from Bridport we had a glorious sunset.  A good end to a perfect day.  Today is also a nice one but a bit cloudier.  No rain forecast yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fair bit of rain during the night.  Today is muggy and warm.  Yuck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Currently 26C and 42% humidity.  Not keen on the humidity 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perth is having a lovely warm spell with very little wind for the last week or so. Bit humid but good for going down the beach after work.

Did a triathlon last Sunday and the 10k run was getting pretty warm. About 32 degrees when we finished about 10:30.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still- no rain.  Getting desperate now, its been weeks. Muggy again today, looking forward to cooler weather at this stage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Visiting the UK at the moment to see family and I honestly never thought I'd miss the good old 12c and light rain but here I am haha! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/03/2019 at 15:15, Paul1Perth said:

Perth is having a lovely warm spell with very little wind for the last week or so. Bit humid but good for going down the beach after work.

Did a triathlon last Sunday and the 10k run was getting pretty warm. About 32 degrees when we finished about 10:30.

Perth weather has been crap this week I've needed the AC on driving to work at 6am horrible sticky humid, thankfully its easing a lovely weekend ahead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, alicedaniels said:

Visiting the UK at the moment to see family and I honestly never thought I'd miss the good old 12c and light rain but here I am haha! 

No thanks will be grateful if I never ever experience anything other than the best UK summer ever! 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/03/2019 at 12:25, Bulya said:

Currently 26C and 42% humidity.  Not keen on the humidity 

31 C and 76% yesterday and spent an hour with the whipper-snipper before the weekly mowing...Cyclone 'Trevor' has put a big cloud blanket over Central Qld. keeping the humidity up.

Cheers, Bobj.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bobj said:

31 C and 76% yesterday and spent an hour with the whipper-snipper before the weekly mowing...Cyclone 'Trevor' has put a big cloud blanket over Central Qld. keeping the humidity up.

Cheers, Bobj.

Yuk!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bulya said:

Yuk!

4 shirts weather, Bully...😂

Cheers, Bobj.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's just finished raining really heavily here in Devonport.  

yay.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We got some rain yesterday- lovely. Everything smells fresh and the cicadas came out to play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×