Going home

Taff

1 hour ago, Toots said:

It looks like some other posters can't quite believe you are happy and content in Perth Paul.  Makes me wonder what exciting stuff they actually get up to.  Each to their own though.  

nonsense! I see only love towards Paul.  It is generally agreed by the returnees that we all like different things and no one is wrong or right (or a failure).

Happy Xmas

2 hours ago, Toots said:

It looks like some other posters can't quite believe you are happy and content in Perth Paul.  Makes me wonder what exciting stuff they actually get up to.  Each to their own though.  

no fair play to him - if that's his thing ...fine .

I could do with a couple of weeks right now ...winter is approaching ?

but to some of us , it isn't the be all and end all .....i have seen too much now , to think that it is .

1 hour ago, Pura Vida said:

Try finding a car parking spot at Cottesloe during summer .  For that matter try finding a spot on the beach to swim on a weekend during the morning. Cottesloe Life Saving seem to have commandeered pretty much the entire beach. Full of nippers.

Markets are a choice but are lively and full of things going on. Perth doesn't come remotely close in what here terms markets. Far more than bratwursts .

I accept if you don't like crowds and lots of vitality and energy Perth will be preferable. But to write an opportunity off to visit London, when in the neighbourhood, is almost sacrilegious.

Plenty of people find car parking spots in Cottesloe. They are still free there too aren't they? 

Quite enough energy and vitality for me and the wife in Perth.

As far as London goes I've never liked it. That included a stint where I worked there mon - fri travelling from Manchester every week. Did it for about a year and liked where the company was based in Teddington. They put me up in a decent hotel all the time too and the money was good. Teddington, Bushy Park and the local squash club were good. Great pub at Teddington Lock but central London no thanks.

Rather have Northern Cities.

1 minute ago, Paul1Perth said:

Plenty of people find car parking spots in Cottesloe. They are still free there too aren't they? 

As far as London goes I've never liked it. That included a stint where I worked there mon - fri travelling from Manchester every week. Did it for about a year and liked where the company was based in Teddington. They put me up in a decent hotel all the time too and the money was good. Teddington, Bushy Park and the local squash club were good. Great pub at Teddington Lock but central London no thanks.

don't like London or Manchester to live in ...brum neither

but as a place to visit ...London is right up there

4 minutes ago, Skani said:

No time to get up to much stuff at all, given all the hours they spend on here.  ;)

and you lot ...i work for myself ...and that's about 4 hours a day ?......I have no boss ...so I can jump on when I like .....usually when iam pulled over having a coffee ?.....somewhere in the midlands

• Like 1

and you lot ...i work for myself ...and that's about 4 hours a day [emoji2]......I have no boss ...so I can jump on when I like .....usually when iam pulled over having a coffee [emoji6].....somewhere in the midlands

There is more to get up to than just work, when not on here....

19 minutes ago, simmo said:

don't spoil it for them

Who are them?  You always try to turn things into an us and them thing e.g. those of us happy here and those of you happy in the UK and how for some odd reason you think your life is so much superior to yours.   I guess you will never change though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paul1Perth said:

Well plenty might but there is not plenty of parking. (weekends) On several occasions we have had to terminate attempts to find a spot at that beach.  Like I wrote, bit of a joke these past few weeks, with only a small section of beach, and I mean small, available to ordinary beach goers. (from around 8.45 until noon)

I agree some don't crave, nor like vitality. It's not a matter of liking London. It's only a day. A complete change from anything possible in Perth. I've often thought Perth is holds more of an attachment to a particular sort of person, less to others. Anyway Teddington is hardly in the centre of where it happens. All to their own of course.

44 minutes ago, Toots said:

Who are them?  You always try to turn things into an us and them thing e.g. those of us happy here and those of you happy in the UK and how for some odd reason you think your life is so much superior to yours.   I guess you will never change though.

Calm down love. When I refer to "them" its those on both sides. I don't have favourites. Now c'mere and give us a cuddle.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Taff said:

Well, this took a strange turn...

I apologize taff,  just read the thread from the start and from your first post it has been like reading a load of screaming kids arguing with each other...pathetic and a bit sad to be honest....we are in for a cold winter mate, it has been freezing but clear blue skies for the last week...glorious, I  love the winter..where you returning to?

100_0076.JPG

:ph34r:

I've removed a number of posts. Lets try to get back to some kind of topic, support the OP in their move back, not have another thread turn into an Aus v UK thing all over again. 

*Back to topic* 

Food like anyone else does, just not my favorites i used to eat back there and having been back last month and ate lotssss of them ,i am missing them quite a bit at the moment..
Black pudding for one, you can get it here, i've tried quite a few varietys but it tastes nothing like the Bury Black pudding i bought and ate back in the UK.
A good meat pie from the chip shop,, Mrs Mac's are about the best i've found here and are just not as good...
 BBQ spare ribs from the Chinese, again having tried various ribs here i'm yet to find any as good.
Sausage, and yes i know you can buy English ones here from the pommy shop, $10 for about 6 sausage and over an hour round trip to get them ,hence we don't buy them very often. 
Cheese and Onion pasties and pies, Pickled red cabbage, pickled onion monster munch, chip shop curry sauce on proper chip shop chips, Walnut Whips are a few more things i miss too.
Cal x

All that healthy food you’re missing out on [emoji6]
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Taff said:

Many thanks snifter.

Two working days, and one "clearing my desk" day, a Saturday, (paid at overtime rates,) and I leave work.

A week of doing sweet sod all, then head down and bum up getting returning to the UK organised.

beat of luck taff ...as pb said ...its suddenly turned cold , just as we head into December....get yourself a coat , its cold in the valleys ?

• Like 1