FREEDOOOOOM!!!

Yes! There is a light at the end of the tunnel!!! After 26 months we got our PR!

Still can't believe it!

I have to say, in our case the complaint worked! 

First complaint put on March 26th and got notified about the character test assessment on the 8th if April.

Put a second complaint 2 months after new medical check was done, on 10th of June, and got our PR today!!!

Good luck everyone! Hang in there! There is hope! There is an end to this stressful situation!

A big hug to everyone!

• Like 2
  • Congratulations 16

47 minutes ago, Benjooo said:

i applied my 186 visa 20/08/2018 through trt stream as a cook it’s almost 10 months but there is no any news yet , waiting time is killing me every day , how long I have to wait any body. Knows .

22/08/19 cook still  nothing and friend got PR as restaurant manager Oct 2018 same employer and lawyer 

1 hour ago, 123stella said:

FREEDOOOOOM!!!

Yes! There is a light at the end of the tunnel!!! After 26 months we got our PR!

Still can't believe it!

I have to say, in our case the complaint worked! 

First complaint put on March 26th and got notified about the character test assessment on the 8th if April.

Put a second complaint 2 months after new medical check was done, on 10th of June, and got our PR today!!!

Good luck everyone! Hang in there! There is hope! There is an end to this stressful situation!

A big hug to everyone!

Congratulations - been watching your case as its similar in terms of character assessment part and really pleased for you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Anajmi said:

Hi. I have already lodged my application for visa. Also my nomination is approved 6 days ago. So, should I upload the approval letter of nomination to my visa application or not?

In the nomination letter, it is mentioned that "Please send a copy of this letter to the nominee so that they can lodge it with their visa application."

Thanks in advance.

I appreciate if somebody answer to this question ?

7 minutes ago, Anajmi said:

I appreciate if somebody answer to this question ?

You've answered it in your own post. 

In the nomination letter, it is mentioned that "Please send a copy of this letter to the nominee so that they can lodge it with their visa application."

Just do what they asked you to do. 

13 minutes ago, Nemesis said:

You've answered it in your own post. 

Just do what they asked you to do. 

The whole paragraph is this:

"If the nominee has not already lodged an application for permanent residence, in which case the nominee has 6 months from the date of this letter or before the expiry of their current visa (whichever is sooner) in which to lodge an application for permanent residence. Please send a copy of this letter to the nominee so that they can lodge it with their visa application"

I want to know is it for the applicants that have not lodged their visa applications at the time of nomination approval, or it is for all applicants.

I have already lodge my visa application. Does it mean I should attach this to my documents?

Edited by Anajmi

Hi All

I just like to get you guys opinion about my situation.186 DE and nomination were applied on 23/2/2018 and my status is still shown as received. 

Because the business that sponsoring me has not been doing good for last year and had to let go all it’s employees (expect 2 of us on457)  , I have got a doubt about my nomination. 

What I am thinking now is , before they open my file I will withdraw my visa application and get a refund ( I applied as a family wife and two kids). After that I will just wait for the nomination and if nomination gets approved than I will lodge my visa. 

I heard that if I don’t withdraw I won’t be able to get any refund.Once they refuse the nomination my visa application will also be refused automatically and no refund is paid back. 

I just would like to get your opinions what would be the positives and negatives about this idea? Maybe someone has  already gone through this sort of situations before and give me piece of mind. 

Thanks for your great help.

10 hours ago, Kashif.Iqbal said:

Just a silly question to ask.

Immigration consider 186 and 187 applications as a same?

Even they have different scrutiny levels but in our immi accounts it always shows employer sponsored visa 186, 187 either we applied for 186 or 187.

Thank you very much 

• Confused 1

On 15/06/2019 at 16:33, Deep1984 said:

22/08/19 cook still  nothing and friend got PR as restaurant manager Oct 2018 same employer and lawyer 

Ya this is totally unfair, people are dying when they waiting  Pr for long time , Australian immigration ruin our life. 

On 15/06/2019 at 21:53, Grkn said:

Hi All

I just like to get you guys opinion about my situation.186 DE and nomination were applied on 23/2/2018 and my status is still shown as received. 

Because the business that sponsoring me has not been doing good for last year and had to let go all it’s employees (expect 2 of us on457)  , I have got a doubt about my nomination. 

What I am thinking now is , before they open my file I will withdraw my visa application and get a refund ( I applied as a family wife and two kids). After that I will just wait for the nomination and if nomination gets approved than I will lodge my visa. 

I heard that if I don’t withdraw I won’t be able to get any refund.Once they refuse the nomination my visa application will also be refused automatically and no refund is paid back. 

I just would like to get your opinions what would be the positives and negatives about this idea? Maybe someone has  already gone through this sort of situations before and give me piece of mind. 

Hi,

In case of withdrawing your application you will not get refund, the fees you have paid is not refundable if u even withdraw now, second thing if your nomination get refused then you will be given time to withdraw your visa application just to avoid visa refusal history but you will not get back your fees anyway, so i would recommand u to wait unless the decision to be made.

On 15/06/2019 at 21:53, Grkn said:

Hi All

@Grkn My understanding is at the stage you're at, there is no refund - regardless of what you do now. 
- The monies paid are non refundable, regardless of outcome of nomination / visa. 

Also - to withdrawn a visa, then to apply again (if the nomination was successful) would look bad and many questions would be asked as to "why you did it", causing the nomination / company to possibly be investigated even further. 

Seems like you're stuck at the moment, best suggestion is to wait and hope for the best. 

Good luck! 

On 12/06/2019 at 15:22, Reena said:

Hi friends, I applied my ens  nomination and visa last year2018 in September and got famous email from department on 4/04/19 for health check. I have done emedical on 10/04/19 but still waiting for any response from immigration which is increasing my anxiety. Can pls someone let me know if they are also waiting like me. Thanks 

Hi Reena have got pr yet?

8 hours ago, Irfan sam said:

Hi,

In case of withdrawing your application you will not get refund, the fees you have paid is not refundable if u even withdraw now, second thing if your nomination get refused then you will be given time to withdraw your visa application just to avoid visa refusal history but you will not get back your fees anyway, so i would recommand u to wait unless the decision to be made.

Thanks for the information 

3 hours ago, Hex said:

@Grkn My understanding is at the stage you're at, there is no refund - regardless of what you do now. 
- The monies paid are non refundable, regardless of outcome of nomination / visa. 

Also - to withdrawn a visa, then to apply again (if the nomination was successful) would look bad and many questions would be asked as to "why you did it", causing the nomination / company to possibly be investigated even further. 

Seems like you're stuck at the moment, best suggestion is to wait and hope for the best. 

Good luck! 

Thanks for the answer. 

Is it just me or does it feel like grants have dramatically slowed down since the elections? For a while there seemed like every 2 mins someone was announcing a grant here, but since then they seem to be a bit quiet on that front... thoughts? 

Edited by SBroc
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, SBroc said:

Is it just me or does it feel like grants have dramatically slowed down since the elections? For a while there seemed like every 2 mins someone was announcing a grant here, but since then they seem to be a bit quiet on that front... thoughts? 

@SBroc Yep, spot on! They have, and it's also kinda expected. 
- The mad rush before elections, to get numbers up. Part and parcel of politics I'm afraid. 

1 hour ago, SBroc said:

Yes,during election everyone got visa in my company i was stuck because they ask for additional documents and now no news.Election is over so now wait is longer.

1 hour ago, MarkAu said:

Hello all;

Chiming in here to keep track of the goings on.  My situation in sig below.

M.

Lucky you 

we have same position still in nsw we applied on the 18.02.2019 and we have also send them on the 23.02.2019 medical and police check but no news yet!!!

why everyone is moving except us 😭😭

Just now, Sere said:

Lucky you 

we have same position still in nsw we applied on the 18.02.2019 and we have also send them on the 23.02.2019 medical and police check but no news yet!!!

why everyone is moving except us 😭😭

@Sere You are 4 months into the wait... You are well within the expected waiting period, imagine others who are waiting 2+ years. 

You'll need to be patient i'm afraid. 

PS - might be worthwhile updating your signature please. 

1 minute ago, MarkAu said:

To be fair, it's only been 14 days since I submitted medical and police checks 🙂

But still you had your nomination approved in 3 days!!!it is amazing 

I have no idea how this could work..how people with the same position wait 3 days and other 2 years!!!