2 minutes ago, Tiziana said:

Guys if the CO have been assigned can you see any change on your immi account status or is just received as always?

Once a CO is assigned, you'll typically know as your account status will update to either "requested documents" or "granted" or something. The CO being assigned, means they've looked at your application and actioned something, so you'll notice immediately. 

2 minutes ago, tuti said:

Hi all,

Do you know or have friends that had an issue with drug-driving while waiting for 186? I have a friend on this situation and I dont know how to help her....

Thanks

Drug driving or drink driving? Also, were they convicted of anything? (is it on their police clearance).

6 minutes ago, tuti said:

drug driving, yes.. she went to court and it is on her police clearance...

Then yes, it will make a difference. 

My understanding is that the CO will view this conviction and then it may impact their case depending on a multitude of factors (how long ago, how servere, how many times etc.)
I don't know the exact factors but it will be in the hands of the CO. 

I've heard a few convictions that were so long ago and no follow up convictions that were asked about and then ignored (visa's were approved).
- But then I've also heard of some that caused the visa to be cancelled immediately.  

41 minutes ago, tuti said:

drug driving, yes.. she went to court and it is on her police clearance...

You really need to get your friend speak to their MA regarding this.

She may have to provide a letter explaining the conviction and possibly a character reference to say that's all in the past. Will also help if it was a long time ago.

A competent MA will be able to provide a solution to deal with this issue.

Edited by boo-yaa
  • Like 1

Just now, tuti said:

her file is not opened yet, is showing received and she is actually a partner on the visa, her husband is the one who is getting the 186... would that help? not being the main applicant?

Thank you all

Her File being opened or not is irrelevant.
Her being the partner on the visa is also irrelevant.

If my Wife was an axe murderer they wouldn't look past it due to her not being the main applicant. Ok...that's an extreme example but you get my point.

Ger her husband to call their Migration Agent and discuss it with them.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, boo-yaa said:

Her File being opened or not is irrelevant.
Her being the partner on the visa is also irrelevant.

If my Wife was an axe murderer they wouldn't look past it due to her not being the main applicant. Ok...that's an extreme example but you get my point.

Ger her husband to call their Migration Agent and discuss it with them.

I think all dependents are relevant to the main applicant, depends on how serious the issue is and whether CO thinks that person will be safe or costs the country if issued a PR. That's why dependents also have to submit necessary documents, together with the main applicant.

One of the examples is here, PR rejected due to the daughter's illness https://www.sbs.com.au/yourlanguage/punjabi/en/article/2017/06/14/indian-family-faces-deportation-due-daughters-illness

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Oliviaa said:

I think all dependents are relevant to the main applicant, depends on how serious the issue is and whether CO thinks that person will be safe or costs the country if issued a PR. That's why dependents also have to submit necessary documents, together with the main applicant.

One of the examples is here, PR rejected due to the daughter's illness https://www.sbs.com.au/yourlanguage/punjabi/en/article/2017/06/14/indian-family-faces-deportation-due-daughters-illness

That's exactly the point I was making.

Irrelevant, as in it doesn't matter if she is the first or second applicant - she will still need to comply.

Did you not get the point I made on the third line of my post?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, tuti said:

Hi all,

Do you know or have friends that had an issue with drug-driving while waiting for 186? I have a friend on this situation and I dont know how to help her....

Thanks

Yes we got the same problem 

Hi. Guys. Is there anyone who knows this?

Aa usual, Ive checked my immi several times a day and found this in this morning. 

I havent done any update today however it says "last updated - 2nd Dec".

And my application is

186 TRT Chef 

Sydney

2pp

LR

Nomi/visa : 24 Feb 2018

statue : Received

20181203_181937.png

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jay kim said:

Aa usual, Ive checked my immi several times a day and found this in this morning. 

And my application is

186 TRT Chef 

Sydney

2pp

LR

20181203_181937.png

That’s not bad news bud 

3 hours ago, Tiziana said:

Guys if the CO have been assigned can you see any change on your immi account status or is just received as always?

Hey - my account still said received even when a case officer had already called my work, so I don’t think it always changes! 

9 minutes ago, Jay kim said:

And my application is

186 TRT Chef 

Sydney

2pp

LR

20181203_181937.png

Hey this happened to me. 

I had applied in March 2017 and in Nov 2017 it showed as “last updated date” 

i think this was somthing to do with system update!