Oh by the way,

we heard from my case officer today and she requested police update and medical update....

managed to get a medical for 10am tomorow and just reapplies for AFP cert....

I’m just so relieved we heard something! 

Edited by MaggieMay24
Posting CO name is not allowed, initials only
  • Like 6

18 hours ago, Bellabonkers said:

Oh by the way,

we heard from my case officer today and she requested police update and medical update....

Bella. I reckon you are almost there. Congratulations. I wish I had a golden mail.

Edited by MaggieMay24
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Jay kim said:

Hi. Guys. Is there anyone who knows this?

Aa usual, Ive checked my immi several times a day and found this in this morning. 

I havent done any update today however it says "last updated - 2nd Dec".

And my application is

186 TRT Chef 

Sydney

2pp

LR

Nomi/visa : 24 Feb 2018

statue : Received

20181203_181937.png

@Jay kim
One of a few things could have happened here;

- There is a message waiting for you (go to the "Messages" and check for any).
- The CO updated the application by providing some information (documents of sorts / bridging visas).
- A medical / similar was complete and an external party (BUPA) updated the application with the same (this should appear in the documentation section as well).
- A status change (which you already noted is not the case).
- Your MA updated the application with additional / updated documents (possibly a new PCC etc.)

I'm of the opinion that whenever a case is "updated", you should be able to see (by looking within the application itself) what the change was (90% of the time).

Hope that helps. 

18 hours ago, Bellabonkers said:

Oh by the way,

Awesome news. I'd say you'll then get some feedback again from her on the 28-32 day mark from the request. 
- That's what I experienced from both requests from my CO. Regardless now, it's just a formality and time (a roughly known time) to getting it.

Edited by MaggieMay24
  • Like 1

Hi guys will anyone explain what is the meaning pf following statement that i read on immi website::::

You must lodge your visa within 6 months and YOUR NOMINATION MUST REMAIN VALID FOR THE VISA TO BE GRANTED.I am bit confused is it this way if my nomination expired do i have to lodge nomintion again as i already lodge my visa nomination approval ( nomination approved since july no news for visa yet).

EAGERLY WAITING FOR YOUR REPLIES MY FRIENDS.

THANKS

7 minutes ago, Austin said:

Hi guys will anyone explain what is the meaning pf following statement that i read on immi website::::

You must lodge your visa within 6 months and YOUR NOMINATION MUST REMAIN VALID FOR THE VISA TO BE GRANTED.I am bit confused is it this way if my nomination expired do i have to lodge nomintion again as i already lodge my visa nomination approval ( nomination approved since july no news for visa yet).

EAGERLY WAITING FOR YOUR REPLIES MY FRIENDS.

THANKS

If you lodged visa application within 6 months (after nomination approval), and your employer did not revoke it then it is fine.

43 minutes ago, Hex said:

@Jay kim

- The CO updated the application by providing some information (documents of sorts / bridging visas).
- A medical / similar was complete and an external party (BUPA) updated the application with the same (this should appear in the documentation section as well).
- Your MA updated the application with additional / updated documents (possibly a new PCC etc.)

I'm of the opinion that whenever a case is "updated", you should be able to see (by looking within the application itself) what the change was (90% of the time).

Hope that helps. 

Hex. You know you are a legend here.

Happy to see you. Many thanks bro.

• Like 2

Hi everyone 

Silent reader here.

My husband and I applied for TRT 186 (Electrician) on 16.2.18 (Low risk country). 

The nomination came through last Wednesday (28.11) and our visa was granted today!

We submitted police checks, medicals and Form 80 very soon after the application was lodged. No additional documents were requested 

All in all 9.5 months so we are very lucky. 

Good luck to everyone still waiting and thank you for sharing your timelines, it is so helpful to people going through the process. 

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, Millsy said:

Hi everyone 

Silent reader here.

My husband and I applied for TRT 186 (Electrician) on 16.2.18 (Low risk country). 

The nomination came through last Wednesday (28.11) and our visa was granted today!

We submitted police checks, medicals and Form 80 very soon after the application was lodged. No additional documents were requested 

All in all 9.5 months so we are very lucky. 

Good luck to everyone still waiting and thank you for sharing your timelines, it is so helpful to people going through the process. 

Heartily Congratulations. Happy to see more Feb approval. Good luck everyone including myself 🙂

11 hours ago, Hex said:

@Jay kim

Hope that helps. 

Here’s a question for you. Did this update overnight or was it updated through the day and you hadn’t checked it ?.

34 minutes ago, Friskycharmer said:

Here’s a question for you. Did this update overnight or was it updated through the day and you hadn’t checked it ?.

Not sure if you meant to quote my response or not but if it was meant for me then; 

Each of the requests that I got from the CO was during the day (early mornings), except for the visa grant (that came at around 4:45pm AEST) - the only way I knew about the requests was to check the "last updated date", then by viewing the "messages". Thereafter I would get an email from my MA (about 4-5 hours later), telling me what I had already found out 🙂  

13 minutes ago, Hex said:

Not sure if you meant to quote my response or not but if it was meant for me then; 

Each of the requests that I got from the CO was during the day (early mornings), except for the visa grant (that came at around 4:45pm AEST) - the only way I knew about the requests was to check the "last updated date", then by viewing the "messages". Thereafter I would get an email from my MA (about 4-5 hours later), telling me what I had already found out 🙂  

See there’s a positive of not having an MA all emails and correspondence come directly to me and my employer (who I’m very close with) 

I never felt comfortable leaving my future and my life in someone else’s hands- perhaps that also makes me a control freak but I just liked to look at every document myself after going over and over the requirements before myself or the company uploaded.

i truly believe nobody’s cares about your visa more then you... I’ve had many friends who went through MA’s started the process before us but took longer to even lodge application because of all the backwards and forwards....

Happy Tuesday by the way- beautiful sunny skies where I am 😊

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Bellabonkers said:

Oh by the way,

we heard from Teresa my QLD case officer today and she requested police update and medical update....

Congratulations.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Bellabonkers said:

See there’s a positive of not having an MA all emails and correspondence come directly to me and my employer (who I’m very close with) 

I never felt comfortable leaving my future and my life in someone else’s hands- perhaps that also makes me a control freak but I just liked to look at every document myself after going over and over the requirements before myself or the company uploaded.

i truly believe nobody’s cares about your visa more then you... I’ve had many friends who went through MA’s started the process before us but took longer to even lodge application because of all the backwards and forwards....

Happy Tuesday by the way- beautiful sunny skies where I am 😊

Happy Tuesday!!!! Looks miserable where I am lol. Raining!!!! Enjoy and hopefully you get the golden email soon. I think once you submit the requested docs you will get your PR...like you gotta!!!  15 days to go to hear from DHA before Xmas!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nora said:

Happy Tuesday!!!! Looks miserable where I am lol. Raining!!!! Enjoy and hopefully you get the golden email soon. I think once you submit the requested docs you will get your PR...like you gotta!!!  15 days to go to hear from DHA before Xmas!

Rain - yuck! Where abouts are you? 

I’m in the medical Center sitting next to a man wearing so much aftershave it’s making me feel sick...

Also so excited to hand over another $800.00 😂🤣

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Everyone please check this out. Home affair holiday. 21.12.2018 to 02.01.2019

DECEMBER CHANGES TO BUSINESS HOURS & SERVICES

OFFICE CLOSURE
During the festive season, VETASSESS offices will close from Friday 21 December 2018 and will reopen, Wednesday 2 January 2019. SUBMITTING NEW APPLICATIONS
Please note the revised time frames for submitting new applications prior to this period:

Priority Processing – last applications for 2018 is 5.00pm (AEDT) Friday, 14 December.

Skills Assessments for General Professional Occupations – last applications for 2018 is 12.00pm (AEDT) Friday, 21 December. 

Skills Assessments for Trade Occupations – last applications for 2018 is 12.00pm (AEDT) Friday, 21 December. 

New applications for the above services will be accepted from Wednesday, 2 January 2019. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Hex said:

FYI - something I haven't noticed for a while is an update on the processing times. 

Last updated on the 21st November 2018

image.png.e1ab8c6a654dd1862173c3d347eb6d10.png

@Hex when i applied my Visa in march the processing time is shown as 9 to 12 months but now it is showing as 16 - 19 months so is this for the new applications or it effects the existing lodged applications as well.

1 minute ago, ajk said:

@Hex when i applied my Visa in march the processing time is shown as 9 to 12 months but now it is showing as 16 - 19 months so is this for the new applications or it effects the existing lodged applications as well.

@ajk 
I've asked this question many times and always got the same response; 

The processing times affect visa's regardless of lodgment date. Meaning the processing time for your (and anyone else's) visa's are what the current processing times state.

- With saying that, the MA would also say this is something to take on board (expect worse and hope for best). 

• Thanks 1