Hi Katepip, I also applied subclass 186 TRT on 28th of June 2017 . My file which was last updated on 24th of April 2018 didn’t asked any further documents . However, I checked with my agent regarding the same they asked me wait wait .. I don’t know what does it mean ?  Please let me know if anyone knows about 186 

25 minutes ago, Mani Nz said:

Hi Katepip, I also applied subclass 186 TRT on 28th of June 2017 . My file which was last updated on 24th of April 2018 didn’t asked any further documents . However, I checked with my agent regarding the same they asked me wait wait .. I don’t know what does it mean ?  Please let me know if anyone knows about 186 

Which profession you have 

Not sure why it says that Mani.

From what we have seen on the forum it could mean that your file has been opened but is not showing on your dashboard. I think a few others actually said theirs had the same update as too - someone might be able to confirm this for you as I can't be sure.

Mine is still 17th Nov 2017. I applied in June, TRT, Marketing, LR, 1 person.

1 hour ago, stevecbx said:

My Nomination was refused today

Accountant

Nomination & Application applied on 27 Nov 17

The basis of the refusal is attached.

The funny part is my work mate whose  application was prepared by me using the very same documents for the nomination was granted his PR last month.

My MA said, I have option to reapply the nomination or contest the result to MRT. 

I also can apply through skilled independent visa though, almost 3-5 years Australian work experience  Personally, I do not like work my current employer anymore. I'd love to change a job, but to find a company whose willing to sponsor me on 457 will take quite a bit of time.

So, can anyone suggest?

02052018170741-0001.pdf

Ah man, really sorry to read this. I've had my previous nomination refused, and it is really really shit. The reasons they gave you are actually quite worrying, especially if a similar application was approved a month before, and the amount of staff you have. Definitely agree with other posts that it depends on the CO, but I also think we are seeing a shift in the rules of what the turnover needs to be in order to show that it can support an employee.....really worrying that your nomination was refused on that basis as my new nomination is with a small start up company, so trying to show that it will be able to support you is going to be tougher than a company of your size. 

Also not sure how they can make that decision when you are actually employed in that position and the company are paying you....right? head-scratcher...

By the sounds of things, skilled independent is the way to go. Keep us up to date though, as journeys like yours are the main educational part of this forum, even if it has lifted my anxiety level from 10 to 11.....!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stevecbx said:

It's awful but you just gotta suck it up and get up mate!

So I am not bothered with the refusal, I just wanna figure what the next and best step I should take..

Great attitude that mate good for you. Not often you see it!

Wish I had the option for a skilled visa - i would be doing that in a heartbeat.

1 hour ago, Mani Nz said:

Mine is same as well . I have applied it last year July 2017 . Customer service manager trt. Status showing received but it states that it was updated in November 2017. Don't know what that means ? 

2 hours ago, stevecbx said:

It's awful but you just gotta suck it up and get up mate!

So I am not bothered with the refusal, I just wanna figure what the next and best step I should take..

I'm so sorry to hear that and I'm happy that after this bad news you are reacting like this...

Only strong people can deal with it like you did...Good on you.

Hopefully you'll find a different way for your PR...??

Good luck and let us know.

3 minutes ago, Happy007 said:

Mine is same as well . I have applied it last year July 2017 . Customer service manager trt. Status showing received but it states that it was updated in November 2017. Don't know what that means ? 

Yes, mine says exactly the same. I’ve wondered for a while what it means is odd because I initially it thought it must have been the last time I uploaded a file but I have uploaded more since then and it doesn’t change. ..

21 minutes ago, DannyN said:

Hi guys,

just wanna ask one question in regard to the relationship between the employer and employee. Can we just stop working for our employer straight after the 186 visa has been granted.

Technically yes but you should be showing a genuine desire and commitment to stay with the employer for two years after the visa is granted.

12 minutes ago, DannyN said:

Hi guys,

just wanna ask one question in regard to the relationship between the employer and employee. Can we just stop working for our employer straight after the 186 visa has been granted.

it depends on which stream you are appling through. for trt, yes it's ok if quit the same day when your visa is granted. but, through direct entry, you better work at least for another half year then find a decent reason to leave.

22 minutes ago, Bellabonkers said:

Yes, mine says exactly the same. I’ve wondered for a while what it means is odd because I initially it thought it must have been the last time I uploaded a file but I have uploaded more since then and it doesn’t change. ..

Yeah it's a weird one. There was definitely a big upgrade then and everyone went to the "last updated" nov 17 date at the same time. But seems lots of people have now had the 24th April as their 'last updated' in their file.  

3 minutes ago, Parkesy said:

Yeah it's a weird one. There was definitely a big upgrade then and everyone went to the "last updated" nov 17 date at the same time. But seems lots of people have now had the 24th April as their 'last updated' in their file.  

I just checked and mine still says last updated 17 NOV - DAMN! Haha! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Parkesy said:

Where did you get that nugget from?

Please send us all the link..

google mate. besides the requirement for each stream, the biggest difference between trt and de is the committed length of employment. Google it,man, let me know if im wrong about it.

8 minutes ago, leogao said:

google mate. besides the requirement for each stream, the biggest difference between trt and de is the committed length of employment. Google it,man, let me know if im wrong about it.

I already had done. You are wrong.

Show me where it says "better work for another half year".

5 minutes ago, Parkesy said:

I already had done. You are wrong.

Show me where it says "better work for another half year".

I have simply asked this question to my MA last year, it just told you what he told me. you can check it with yourMA and see if he tells you a different story. don't mislead people about something you are not certain. 

8 minutes ago, leogao said:

I have simply asked this question to my MA last year, it just told you what he told me. you can check it with yourMA and see if he tells you a different story. don't mislead people about something you are not certain. 

Hahahahahahahahhahahahahahahha.

mic drop

• Like 1