Just now, amandat said:

So we have today had a case officer allocated and received a request for further information for both nomination and visa!!!

The million dollar question that everyone wants to know - how long after we send off all outstanding info are we likely to receive our visa??? 🙂

@amandat This has been answered so many times on this forum, I think you would only need to go back a few pages to see similar questions / answers. 

In short, the average we've seen on this forum is 30-40 working days, however, there have been cases whereby the CO got back to the client within 1 day, then others where they are still waiting (much longer than 40 days). 

Hope for the best and expect the worst, that way you won't be disappointed. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Hex said:

@amandat This has been answered so many times on this forum, I think you would only need to go back a few pages to see similar questions / answers. 

In short, the average we've seen on this forum is 30-40 working days, however, there have been cases whereby the CO got back to the client within 1 day, then others where they are still waiting (much longer than 40 days). 

Hope for the best and expect the worst, that way you won't be disappointed. 

Thanks 🙂

1 hour ago, Eva.L said:

Yes they requested skills assessment, experience evidence, PTE results and birth certificates for my children on 26 March submitted all on 27 March. Apart from birth certificates all the other documents were provided with the original application but requested again for a second time. To be noticed that the visa was finalised not by the same CO that requested the documents on the 26. Hope this helps. 

Thank you for the information.

Yes, it helps. I was assuming that the application goes into a queue after the request for new documents, and it will be picked up again after some time. So you case that a different CO finalised your application supports my assumption.

I know that applications normally get finalised after 30-40 days after the request, with some exceptions that were finalised either within 1-2 days or more than couple of months, according to the forum posts. Hopefully they are still on track with the increased amount of pending visa applications due to the recent trend of fast nomination approvals.

On 09/04/2019 at 09:38, Hex said:

Hi Guys, I just received an email from my MA containing a letter from immi requesting for the following:

1) No equivalent worker - Please provide independent evidence demonstrating that the proposed terms and conditions of employment for the nominee are no less favourable than what would be provided to an Australian citizen or Australian permanent resident for performing equivalent work in the same workplace at the same location. (Immi says "You have provided a job advertisement from your organisation which is not acceptable to determine the AMSR." -- What alternative document can I submit?

2) Genuine need for a paid employee -  Provide evidence that the organisation has a genuine need for a paid employee to work in the position under their direct control.  -- Is a letter from my boss, my payslips, employment contract sufficient for this request? 

Is there anyone here who was also requested for the same documents? Please I really need help. 😞 Thank you in advance! 

1 hour ago, Eva.L said:

Yes they requested skills assessment, experience evidence, PTE results and birth certificates for my children on 26 March submitted all on 27 March. Apart from birth certificates all the other documents were provided with the original application but requested again for a second time. To be noticed that the visa was finalised not by the same CO that requested the documents on the 26. Hope this helps. 

Really similar to mine. A lot of info already provided when applying in may 2019 was re requested in march 2019. Nomination approved in match 2019 and still waiting on a decision 

12 minutes ago, TBO said:

Hi Guys, I just received an email from my MA containing a letter from immi requesting for the following:

1) No equivalent worker - Please provide independent evidence demonstrating that the proposed terms and conditions of employment for the nominee are no less favourable than what would be provided to an Australian citizen or Australian permanent resident for performing equivalent work in the same workplace at the same location. (Immi says "You have provided a job advertisement from your organisation which is not acceptable to determine the AMSR." -- What alternative document can I submit?

2) Genuine need for a paid employee -  Provide evidence that the organisation has a genuine need for a paid employee to work in the position under their direct control.  -- Is a letter from my boss, my payslips, employment contract sufficient for this request? 

Is there anyone here who was also requested for the same documents? Please I really need help. 😞 Thank you in advance! 

Doesn't your agent know what is required?  They are both things that must be supplied by your employer, anyway.

35 minutes ago, TBO said:

Hi TBO,

I have applied on the same date and i have still not heard anything , but out of curiosity, Can I ask you in which industry do you work?

Thanks in advance,

2 minutes ago, kashyap said:

Hi TBO,

I have applied on the same date and i have still not heard anything , but out of curiosity, Can I ask you in which industry do you work?

Thanks in advance,

Hi Kashyap,

I work as an Accountant in a computer/IT company. Before, I worked in an audit firm in PwC. 

My MA just send me earlier the email and it says in the letter that they are now processing my nomination application, hence, the request. I have 28 days to respond.

Crossed fingers, yours will be next mate! 

34 minutes ago, TBO said:

Did you MA look after the nomination part - because both of these is in relation to that.

My MA at the time advised me that Immi are going hard on the 'Genuine need for the employee nominating" and that a good strong business case is needed.  He recommended for me to list down key achievements while under my 457 - business generated for the company and anything relevant showing my importance within the company.  This was submitted in addition with a letter from the Director of my role within the company and the need for me, etc.

No equivalent worker - if there is no one equivalent within your business, again a strong business case is needed.  This will be research into current salary rates for your occupation and location. Your salary must be no less favourable to current market rates to where you are working.

• Like 2

I just got the silver email today.

CO requested new AFPs for me and my wife as well as her medical examination.
Unfortunately, she can't take the X-Ray test as she is pregnant, so we have to wait until the baby born 😞

3 hours ago, Sere said:

We applied on the 18th of February 2019

nothing yet 

no email no news

we sent them a decision ready application with all the possible info that they may need 

I don’t know if it is because our application is for customers service manager and as far as I know they look very close to this kind of position 

only thing positive it that I just apply for Medicare and I received it this morning 

i am super stressed I just hope we will receive some news soon 

@Sere We've been waiting for more than a year now, some are waiting for over two years, we understand the frustration, but it helps to know that you're not alone, that's what I feel whenever I'm browsing on this thread. We're waiting, it's hard, but I'm grateful I'm not the only one, and I pray that everyone gets a positive result soon. 

I'm just channeling the energy of frustration to something more positive and just be genuinely happy for those who were lucky to have their visa approved within a couple of months. Goodluck to you! 😊😊

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, sydneyishuk said:

Did you MA look after the nomination part - because both of these is in relation to that.

My MA at the time advised me that Immi are going hard on the 'Genuine need for the employee nominating" and that a good strong business case is needed.  He recommended for me to list down key achievements while under my 457 - business generated for the company and anything relevant showing my importance within the company.  This was submitted in addition with a letter from the Director of my role within the company and the need for me, etc.

No equivalent worker - if there is no one equivalent within your business, again a strong business case is needed.  This will be research into current salary rates for your occupation and location. Your salary must be no less favourable to current market rates to where you are working.

In Simple words Immigration is finding a new ways to cancel or refuse the applications . Once the liberal has won , we have same environment as America where Immigration works with there own rules because government will not Intervene. They have lawyers which suggest them these wording they are using , which doesn’t make any sense . Case officers are humans and they go with there emotions as well . In reality what is 186 ViSA :

1. Work with same employer for two years out of three year

2. Provide all the documentation 

3. TRT Pathway 

4. An you are eligible to apply PR even the MA doesn’t know now days whether case will be approved or not.

5. So all the expenses we have done for the process is gone 

Best of luck mate you need more paper work .

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TBO said:

Hi Kashyap,

I work as an Accountant in a computer/IT company. Before, I worked in an audit firm in PwC. 

My MA just send me earlier the email and it says in the letter that they are now processing my nomination application, hence, the request. I have 28 days to respond.

Crossed fingers, yours will be next mate! 

hi TBO,

I work for an accounting firm mate, fingers crossed,

Hope to hear some good news soon.

15 minutes ago, Jerita said:

In Simple words Immigration is finding a new ways to cancel or refuse the applications . Once the liberal has won , we have same environment as America where Immigration works with there own rules because government will not Intervene.

You obviously do not understand how Australian government works. 

Immigration is just a government department staffed by ordinary people.  It does what the government tells it.  The current government (which has just been re-elected)  is anti-immigration.

There have been too many companies using 457 and 186 visas to bring relatives or friends into the country, when they could just as easily hire an Australian.  The government is very keen to stop that happening.   So now, companies are required to make a strong case to prove that they have tried to hire locally first, and that the position is genuine.  

Edited by Marisawright
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hi I have been asked to fill up a form 80 but I don’t have enough details about past employer and some of them already closed down as well and even with my education history. How important is that ?? 

And I also need to do ta statutory declaration as I had criminal offence which is drunk driving. What do I have to do I have no idea. Really need some help with this. 

20 minutes ago, Anajmi said:

Hi 

Does anybody know if $60000 is a reasonable salary for an engineer with 5 years of experience or not?

@Anajmi That's a pretty broad question;

- It would all depend on the role (what engineer) and the "market salary of same" is. 

When these get reviewed - the market salary is taken into account and typically, it would need to be;
a) Close to or above that and
b) Affordable to the company doing the sponsorship. 

I've seen a few people get their visa's turned down because of this, so it might be worthwhile checking the market value of this (Google is your friend), or consulting your MA (if possible).

Personally, this sounds very low and below industry values - which, would cause an issue for your visa application. 

Edited by Hex

2 hours ago, TBO said:

In order to improve the first question, you can go to fair work website https://www.fairwork.gov.au/awards-and-agreements/awards/list-of-awards to find an award related to your job. On the award,  you can find the minimum wages and requirements for the condition of employment. You can download it and submit it to immi. 

For the second question, it may be helpful if your employer could write a formal letter to Immi to state their business scopes and your job duties which can match the business operations. On the letter, there should be some examples about what works you have done during the employment. It is best to attach some evidences to improve your work for example, the orders or contacts finished or signed by you.

Hope it would be helpful for you. Good luck.

4 minutes ago, Chelsea98 said:

Hi I have been asked to fill up a form 80 but I don’t have enough details about past employer and some of them already closed down as well and even with my education history. How important is that ?? 

And I also need to do ta statutory declaration as I had criminal offence which is drunk driving. What do I have to do I have no idea. Really need some help with this. 

@Chelsea98 I think you have a few questions here, so i'll try answer where I can;

1 - "...been asked to fill up a form 80 but I don’t have enough details about past employer and some of them already closed down as well and even with my education history..."
Once this is requested from a CO, it's typically important to the case and all effort would need to be shown in case of "company being closed" or "school closed".
My thoughts are that you would need to do your best effort in completing this form with regard to these questions, then I (personally) would get police affidavits on closure of school / work places. 

2 - "How important is that..."
- If a form 80 is passed into an application without being requested, it may and may not be used in the application process. However, if (like in your case) - the form has been requested from your CO, then it's vital in the process (per my understanding).
There have been applications refused on character checks and / or history details not being in order.
- I personally was asked to update my form as I only had 9 years living addresses and not 10 (all that for 1 year). 

3 - "...I also need to do ta statutory declaration as I had criminal offence which is drunk driving..."
- Unfortunately, I cannot comment or offer advise on this, however, there are numerous posts (you'd need to trawl through previous pages) from people that have had similar questions. You could either take their advise, or post to them on this form for assistance. 

Regardless, I wouldn't risk bad data on a form 80, especially being asked for it.
- Rather be safe and provide too much information, than sorry. 

Good luck!

20 minutes ago, Anajmi said:

Hi 

Does anybody know if $60000 is a reasonable salary for an engineer with 5 years of experience or not?

You can go to the fair work website to find the minimum wages related to your industry https://www.fairwork.gov.au/awards-and-agreements/awards/list-of-awards, or go to job outlook to find minimum wages about your occupation https://joboutlook.gov.au/Industry.aspx

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, steve 007 said:

Technician gets minimum 80K

I do think it depends on the job and the role but to put it into perspective I work for a large engineering consultant that doesn’t pay very well and our graduates start circa $62000 plus super.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Anajmi said:

Hi 

Thank you everybody for your responses. Is there anybody here that have gotten approval or rejection with a wage around 60K?

On 02/05/2019 at 17:30, Salikala said:

Thanks a lot ☺️☺️☺️☺️

All of a sudden, today i got email from MA with Notification of Grant  for 186 visa. Checked immi Account around 12:30 pm today this afternoon was nothing but just received.

Finally got it and so much happy and excited. Thanks to this blog and everyone who give hope to others. 

Please update in spreadsheet and look my signature. 

Grant date: 20 may 2019

No further document requested.

• Congratulations 14