On 06/03/2019 at 12:01, galisuman said:

Guys I was checking my immi account and found there is an last update today on my already finalised 457 visa applied 4 years back... does it mean something as my MA contacted immi yesterday feeling very nervous please let me know if something like that happened to anyone before 

Guys any way advice here or feedback please...

12 hours ago, Andytomas said:

So guys, from what I can see many CO are asking police check, and it doesn’t matter when has been done it, they are asking even if it has been done less than 8 months.

am I correct? 

Another question: anyone knows if the immi now is connected with ATO? I heard that they are looking for SUPERANNUATION paid by employees. 

@Andytomas

That is not accurate - CO's will (should) only request a police check on 2 cases:
1. There isn't a police clearance provided on the application. 
2. The police clearance provided has expired and they need it renewed. 

The department will look at all aspects of the application / applicant, including your super / tax details. 

6 hours ago, galisuman said:

@galisuman 

You likely don't have much response on this question as it has been answered so many times before, you'd simply need to go back a few pages to see same.
- PS: This entire answer is assuming that your case is - going from an approved (finalized) 457 - 186 visa, and that's been updated. If not, please clarify. 

In short, if your application has been updated then something has happened to it. 
- Documents uploaded / updated (you / MA): The last updated date would have changed.
- Medicals were uploaded from BUPA / etc. 
- CO opened the case and requested extra documents / left a message (you should check under your messages).
- A related incident (to your application) has been updated and hence, affected your "last updated date".

All in all, if you are still stumped as to why it's been updated and cannot see anything, your MA should be able to tell you (it is their job after all).

Edited by Hex
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sanji said:

That means the decision has been made , you will get the email or the call soon . 

@Sanji would you mind elaborating please, what do you mean the "decision has been made"? The case is already finalized and then updated (I'm assuming for a 186).
- If you are referring to the application (186) being finalized, they the status would change to "finalized", so it wouldn't have been that. 

16 hours ago, Nandarao said:

Hello guys I have one query if anyone upload any documents in immi account is the department open the file or not.Thanks.please reply me

@Nandarao 

I'm not 100% sure I understand your question, as it is a little difficult to read, however, i'll take a shot.

If you mean, would any uploaded document be viewed / opened by the department, once uploaded - then yes. 

The typical process, is that they would request a document (required documents) from you --> you upload / update the document and then wait. 
- The department estimated time to viewing around 28 days, however the consensus is that it's more like 28-35 days. 

Once they've viewed the document, you'll typically hear back from them (good or bad). Note: It's not always 28-35 days, and depending on your case you could have to wait longer. 

Hope that helps. 

8 hours ago, EMcQ said:

Just got our PR finalised.  Never shook so much opening a message in my life!  Direct nomination approval and visa grant on the same day, no questions or extra docs asked (I'm EM on the spreadsheet if someone could please update) ... Good luck everyone xx

Congratulations!

I have updated the spreadsheet.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, galisuman said:

It's very hard for any of us to say.

Likely, as your TRT criteria is largely based off your 457 work experience, there may have been a discrepancy between your 457 file and your TRT, you're MA may have adjusted this, or the CO might have updated it to reflect something. 

Maybe ask your MA if they had updated your 457 file? If not, a CO may have updated something, could have been something as small as an address.

Just my 2 cents worth - please take with a pinch of salt. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hex said:

@Andytomas

That is not accurate - CO's will (should) only request a police check on 2 cases:
1. There isn't a police clearance provided on the application. 
2. The police clearance provided has expired and they need it renewed. 

The department will look at all aspects of the application / applicant, including your super / tax details. 

How long the Police check is valid?

22 minutes ago, SAJ.N said:

Congrats EMcQ,

Can you please tell me when was your medical expiry date? Did you renew ?

Thank you! 

It was actually the 07 March 2018 - did it a few days after lodging. I had contacted my MA yesterday morning to see if I should redo it,  so the grant was perfectly timed! 

• Like 2
  • Congratulations 1

9 minutes ago, Hex said:

@Andytomas

Typically, all police clearance are valid for 12 months.

There are however, some countries that are valid for only 6 months. If you are not sure, it's like 12 months. 

@Hex,

My Police clearance from UAE was issued in October with a validity of just 3 months which has already been passed, should I submit a new one now to make my application decision ready or just wait for the CO to request it.

Hi

My partner and I had taken the medicals recently.

Health Assessment section Immi Account for me is shown as:

Health clearance provided – no action required

All health examinations required for the specified visa subclass have been finalised. Processing of this person's visa application can now continue. This will not occur until a case officer investigates the case in line with published processing times for the visa that has been applied for. Do not contact the department about health examinations in the meantime.

Health Assessment section Immi Account for my partner is shown as:

Examinations ready for assessment – no action required

The required health examinations have been completed and submitted by the panel clinic to the department. This person's case will be processed or referred to the department's migration medical services provider, Bupa Medical Visa Services, for further assessment.

What could be the difference between these two different statues?

Is there anything to worry about here?

17 hours ago, Andytomas said:

So guys, from what I can see many CO are asking police check, and it doesn’t matter when has been done it, they are asking even if it has been done less than 8 months.

am I correct? 

Another question: anyone knows if the immi now is connected with ATO? I heard that they are looking for SUPERANNUATION paid by employees. 

What happened to us was we had our Police Checks attached with the application, 11 months later CO ask our MA agent for Police Check, only to attach it again and notified the CO. There has been a few cases here that some docs may have been removed from your application. Maybe a certain  batch of applications when they upgraded their website or something.

Edited by Shaun_R

36 minutes ago, future said:

Hi

My partner and I had taken the medicals recently.

Health Assessment section Immi Account for me is shown as:

Health clearance provided – no action required

All health examinations required for the specified visa subclass have been finalised. Processing of this person's visa application can now continue. This will not occur until a case officer investigates the case in line with published processing times for the visa that has been applied for. Do not contact the department about health examinations in the meantime.

Health Assessment section Immi Account for my partner is shown as:

Examinations ready for assessment – no action required

The required health examinations have been completed and submitted by the panel clinic to the department. This person's case will be processed or referred to the department's migration medical services provider, Bupa Medical Visa Services, for further assessment.

What could be the difference between these two different statues?

Is there anything to worry about here?

Nothing to worry about - both state no action required

Could be that your the main applicant that there is difference in the wording, but definitely nothing to worry about as no action required from either 

1 hour ago, kstttt said:

@Hex,

My Police clearance from UAE was issued in October with a validity of just 3 months which has already been passed, should I submit a new one now to make my application decision ready or just wait for the CO to request it.

@kstttt

My suggestion - wait about 4-5 months into the application before getting a PCC. However, this is entirely up to you and personal choice. 

The downside of getting one too early, is that it could expire and you could be asked to do another (cost). Plus side, is that - if you have one on your case when the CO views it, there won't be any delays waiting for same. 

1 hour ago, kstttt said:

@Hex,

Hi Ksttt, 

this is based on my experience. my partner also had  police  check uploaded from UAE (Dubai to be specific) we applied for his police clearance in April 2018. It arrived 3 months later around July 2018 (3 months validity)and uploaded in our immi files. 

a CO was assigned to our case this January 2019. He did not request for UAE police clearance anymore and considered the one we submitted in July.

again this maybe a case by case basis. I did ask our MA in January when our file was still received if we need to start reprocessing police clearances as they were due to expire/expired but she said to wait until it is requested by CO.

Hope this helps.

Hello everyone

I really your suggestion

Im working with my employer since 2013 and I’m on 457 visa since 2016 I had applied TRT 186 May 2018 still received status.

My question is that my employer selling business and I’m in the middle of process and my 457 visa expire in 2020 March.

Just wondering please advise me what should I do in this situation.
I already completed 3 years working with same employer.

Hey everyone. 

Any comments on the below ? I know it clearly states that not clicking the button won’t have any effect on processing time however has anyone had any experience with this? 

By clicking on the 'Information Provided' button you acknowledge that the Department may proceed to make a decision on the application. Not clicking the 'Information Provided' button in no way lengthens or overrides the period specified in the correspondence.

2 minutes ago, SM6 said:

Hey everyone. 

Any comments on the below ? I know it clearly states that not clicking the button won’t have any effect on processing time however has anyone had any experience with this? 

By clicking on the 'Information Provided' button you acknowledge that the Department may proceed to make a decision on the application. Not clicking the 'Information Provided' button in no way lengthens or overrides the period specified in the correspondence.

@SM6

I've heard of this before and was told it has 0 impact on your case. It was apparently used in the past, when MA were able to expedite "decision ready" cases, which is no longer the case.

I could be wrong though, as I was given this information.  

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, kum said:

Hello everyone

I really your suggestion

Im working with my employer since 2013 and I’m on 457 visa since 2016 I had applied TRT 186 May 2018 still received status.

My question is that my employer selling business and I’m in the middle of process and my 457 visa expire in 2020 March.

Just wondering please advise me what should I do in this situation.
I already completed 3 years working with same employer.

@kum

This is a tricky situation, as you would need to inform immigration of the company being sold. 
- That in turn could (very likely) make them refuse the nomination and tell you to re-apply with the new company. 

Some people in this group have had similar situations before (I can't remember names), who would be able to comment better.
However, from my understanding;
- If your 186 visa doesn't come through VERY soon (within the first month of knowing the company is being sold), then you'll need to update immi of the company changes and likely have to then withdraw your visa application to start again / go a different route (189 / 190 etc.). 

Do you have an MA? Have you asked their opinion? 

[mention=270943]kum[/mention]
This is a tricky situation, as you would need to inform immigration of the company being sold. 
- That in turn could (very likely) make them refuse the nomination and tell you to re-apply with the new company. 
Some people in this group have had similar situations before (I can't remember names), who would be able to comment better.
However, from my understanding;
- If your 186 visa doesn't come through VERY soon (within the first month of knowing the company is being sold), then you'll need to update immi of the company changes and likely have to then withdraw your visa application to start again / go a different route (189 / 190 etc.). 
Do you have an MA? Have you asked their opinion? 

Thank you for reply and will try to they buying new restaurants with same company.