9 hours ago, Rgmiles1982 said:

Hi Zac

Hope is well.

Are you able explain what the skills assessment was like for a finance broker- was it a case of proving work experience or did you have to have test of any kind? 

Many Thanks

Rob

Hi Rob,

It really depends on what kind of broker you are. My one is 222199 Financial Brokers nec.

(This occupation group covers Financial Brokers not elsewhere classified. Registration or licensing may be required.)

It is said that the registration or licensing may be required but I do not have any. I just submitted my degrees which is relevant to finance. My employer also wrote an explanation letter to the CO to introduce my occupation. (Of course, it is better if you have any license.)

Edited by ZacW

To those friends who worry about training benchmark,

I have got my PR already and I can tell that it is very important but not the decisive condition.

As some reasons, my employer paid for the training benchmark for the first year delayed for about 1 year. I was worried if we could satisfy the training benchmark requirement.

But now, my experience could prove that it still takes a flexible approach when assessing benchmarks. 

If you have the same issue, do not worry too much. 

Stay positive and patient, your golden email is coming soon.😊

Edited by ZacW
  • Like 2
  • Congratulations 2

50 minutes ago, Hex said:

This is a little confusing - it sounds as though you are talking about 2 different delays here.

1. The delay of 186 visa processing
2. The delay in citizenship processing

Are you asking about citizenship or 186 input? 

Thanks Hex.

I edited my post. I am asking about 186 as citizenship doesn't have nomination approvals. The citizenship process is an example of delays in immi processes which I found in the news. As they usually do not talk about it.

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, PKH said:

Hi Guys,

I am following the trend of visa and nomination approvals or a while. Immi is processing Feb and March applications at the moment. I think a huge number of applicants in Feb causing the delay, however, we should consider significant periods of inactivity for all the cases (waiting time).

It seems delay is not only related to 186 visas. In the News: “An official government audit has slammed Peter Dutton's Home Affairs department for "long delays" in approving citizenship applications. Applications for citizenship have not been processed efficiently by the Department of Home Affairs," the auditors concluded. "Processing times have increased and long delays are evident between applications being lodged and decisions being taken on whether or not to confer citizenship.”   

Approvals showing different patterns at the moment. We have nominations and visas approval from June and August. If you have any thoughts or know something please share it. Immi processing applications differently? Base on occupations? organisation? Applications assigned to different teams/CO?

I haven't seen any nominations approved in June. 

However, I have noticed a few in August and onward, random and fortunate they maybe, but  this coincides with the Skilling Australia Fund (SAF) being introduced. 

I think this means that Training Benchmarks are no longer required for Nominations, meaning that the paperwork is more streamlined and easier to process.

https://www.peakmigration.com.au/news/2018/day/8/rip-training-benchmarks-saf-levy-commencing-12-august-2018-457tss-nomination-validity-extended

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Whites.uk said:

However, I have noticed a few in August and onward, random and fortunate they maybe, but  this coincides with the Skilling Australia Fund (SAF) being introduced. 

I think this means that Training Benchmarks are no longer required for Nominations, meaning that the paperwork is more streamlined and easier to process.

https://www.peakmigration.com.au/news/2018/day/8/rip-training-benchmarks-saf-levy-commencing-12-august-2018-457tss-nomination-validity-extended

yes, and from a project perspective, since it is a commence of a new regulation, it makes sense they start to process a small amount of applicants in that category, so that if they notice some new problems associated with this new method, they can find out now and starts to look for a resolution now, instead of having to wait until August when they suddenly realize those problems and they have to stop there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Whites.uk said:

Thanks for your reply. I checked the spreadsheet and we have approval in June. Anyway...this means applications lodged in Aug and onward will process sooner than those for example lodged in April...welcome to the chaotic immi processes.🤪   

1 minute ago, PKH said:

Thanks for your reply. I checked the spreadsheet and we have approval in June. Anyway...this means applications lodged in Aug and onward will process sooner than those for example lodged in April...welcome to the chaotic immi processes.🤪   

Where can I find the spreadhsheet?

5 minutes ago, PKH said:

Ahaha, I should remember that actually, I updated it for our good friend @Kashif.Iqbal 

• Haha 2

Hi all,  Hope someone can help me here. This is re: one of my friend's application..  "COOK" position..  worries me too!!  

CO is assigned and his officer has asked for 3 years relevant experience.

** Does the experience have to be before he applied 186 DE only ? Cause he has been working with present employer nearly 2 and a half years, full time - COOK. Will the present experience  counted or not ?

** And is specifically RELEVANT experience only considered? because he has been working other kitchen roles too as well as cook, BEFORE applying for 457- cook position ?

Has anyone had similar situation. Any response highly appreciated. His MA says If he has not worked full time as a cook (COOK only) , before applying 457 his application is in trouble.

my MA advise that they can pay 2% training benchmark of 2years lumsumb and company did by the time SAF levy was introduce and company again paid 3000 doller for SAF levy my nomination was lodge in september 2018 i am worried about whether my nomination will grant or not because they didnt meet tainging benchmark on past however some MA told me that if you lodge After auguest 12,2018 you dont need to meet training benchmark you have to pay SAf levy my resturant paid both and resturant located in very regional area of victoria  where population is only 200 people what will be the chance of getting nomination ?? anyone can explain me please 

thank you 

186 TRT 

lodge 25 sepetember 2018

9 minutes ago, Bips22 said:

Hi all,  Hope someone can help me here. This is re: one of my friend's application..  "COOK" position..  worries me too!!  

** Does the experience have to be before he applied 186 DE only ? Cause he has been working with present employer nearly 2 and a half years, full time - COOK. Will the present experience  counted or not ?

** And is specifically RELEVANT experience only considered? because he has been working other kitchen roles too as well as cook, BEFORE applying for 457- cook position ?

Has anyone had similar situation. Any response highly appreciated. His MA says If he has not worked full time as a cook (COOK only) , before applying 457 his application is in trouble.

If ur friend apply after March 2018 then need 3  year experince from since he start 457 visa as cook. I think so before 457 experince not be counted. 

• Like 1

Hi Deep1984,
I beg to defer on that, if the 457 ( the TSS after mar 2018) was approved before mar 2018, then it was 2 years. 457/ TSS approved after March 2018 needed 3 years experience.
I guess the CO might have seen some difference i.e. change in employer (Bips22-I may be wrong). 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Bips22 said:

The MA should have advised this before lodging the Visa. Why lodge if the experience wasn't there in the first place?

3 minutes ago, boo-yaa said:

The MA should have advised this before lodging the Visa. Why lodge if the experience wasn't there in the first place?

Thanks. So true ! That was our question too. MA says the applicant should have enquired.  How could have my friend enquired, we applicants don't know what to expect for. 

The MAs only want to just demand their fee and do not do any thing till end or till asked for. 

26 minutes ago, Bips22 said:

It clearly states for 186 DE - 

• have at least 3 years relevant work experience, unless you are exempt

So before you apply for 186 you must have at least 3 years relevant work experience.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, sachin1983 said:

Hi Deep1984,
I beg to defer on that, if the 457 ( the TSS after mar 2018) was approved before mar 2018, then it was 2 years. 457/ TSS approved after March 2018 needed 3 years experience.
I guess the CO might have seen some difference i.e. change in employer (Bips22-I may be wrong). 

Nope, same employer..

12 minutes ago, sachin1983 said:

Hi Deep1984,

Sorry I dont have any idea about ENS186 DE . I think 3 year experince need

Edited by Deep1984
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, sydneyishuk said:

It clearly states for 186 DE - 

• have at least 3 years relevant work experience, unless you are exempt

So before you apply for 186 you must have at least 3 years relevant work experience.

Thanks. Yes, true. But he got his skill assesment approved on the basis of previous experience, then why again he needs to prove previous experience? 

And what would you say about "RELEVANT" experience. Exact cook or closely related positions ?