22 minutes ago, Bips22 said:

Thanks. Yes, true. But he got his skill assesment approved on the basis of previous experience, then why again he needs to prove previous experience? 

And what would you say about "RELEVANT" experience. Exact cook or closely related positions ?

I would talk to MA to be sure.

However I found a statement from immigration stating:

"Relevant work experience will be considered in the context of the nominated occupation, and experience in related roles and flexible working arrangements may be recognised;"

• Thanks 1

Just now, sydneyishuk said:

"Relevant work experience will be considered in the context of the nominated occupation, and experience in related roles and flexible working arrangements may be recognised;"

https://www.legislation.gov.au/Details/F2018L00262/d4dee9ea-2c6f-465f-96d2-e58f8fc28fca

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, sydneyishuk said:

I love how they leave room for "interpretation":
- "...flexible working arrangements may be recognised"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bips22 said:

Hi all,  Hope someone can help me here. This is re: one of my friend's application..  "COOK" position..  worries me too!!  

CO is assigned and his officer has asked for 3 years relevant experience.

** Does the experience have to be before he applied 186 DE only ? Cause he has been working with present employer nearly 2 and a half years, full time - COOK. Will the present experience  counted or not ?

** And is specifically RELEVANT experience only considered? because he has been working other kitchen roles too as well as cook, BEFORE applying for 457- cook position ?

Has anyone had similar situation. Any response highly appreciated. His MA says If he has not worked full time as a cook (COOK only) , before applying 457 his application is in trouble.

It sounds like your friend needs to get a straight answer from him MA. This is what he's paid for.

- Surely the MA can confirm (for certainty) based off what your friends experience is / was.

• Like 1

Hi guys as far as I know for 186DE you need 3 years of work experience, let s say you lodge your visa after 1.5 year of 457 (and before you have been worked with your boss for another 6 months) so total 2 years,  then you need to prove you had another 1 year experience (reference letter, payslip, contract...can be used to prove that). It is important that your full 3 years shold be completed BEFORE you lodge the visa, the waiting time doens t count

Rick

• Thanks 1

Another news article on Citizenship delays. Clearly people are getting upset:

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2019/feb/13/duttons-department-processed-just-15-of-citizenship-applications-last-year 

This sounds like a situation many of the people in this forum could appreciate:

- "In one instance a “low” effort case took 422 days to get a decision, of which 413 days was inactivity."

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Hex said:

Another news article on Citizenship delays. Clearly people are getting upset:

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2019/feb/13/duttons-department-processed-just-15-of-citizenship-applications-last-year 

This sounds like a situation many of the people in this forum could appreciate:

- "In one instance a “low” effort case took 422 days to get a decision, of which 413 days was inactivity."

hahahhaha amateurs! try 600 days and counting 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

hi guys, just want to share my recent case with you all.

i am a 186 de applicant since 13 march 18 and i know this is a common time duration for all. 

I have never logged on my immi account myself as my ma looks the case.

I went today to see how is thing going and just found out she have never uploaded my skill assessment which i received the outcome in 2nd july. 

I was waiting such a long time for nothing. 

N she says it was a human mistake of her that she forgot uploading it.

so frustrated right now.

But hope I will hear good result soon now.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, deeebya said:

i am a 186 de applicant since 13 march 18 and i know this is a common time duration for all. 

I went today to see how is thing going and just found out she have never uploaded my skill assessment which i received the outcome in 2nd july. 

so frustrated right now.

All the best. We really need to keep a watch on our  MAs with our documents.... Can't trust anyone.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Whites.uk said:

Indeed, this worries me.

If we import our Applications do our MA get notified?

Especially so that they are getting paid a lot of money, mine personally, was more expensive than the nomination and application fee combined. I think they should be held at more scrutiny when they fail to actually do what they are paid too. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rick92 said:

Hi guys as far as I know for 186DE you need 3 years of work experience, let s say you lodge your visa after 1.5 year of 457 (and before you have been worked with your boss for another 6 months) so total 2 years,  then you need to prove you had another 1 year experience (reference letter, payslip, contract...can be used to prove that). It is important that your full 3 years shold be completed BEFORE you lodge the visa, the waiting time doens t count

Rick

Yes I applied for a DE visa with 2 years fulltime experience and a relevant study (if not you need 3 years) . Within the 2 years there was 1.5 years fulltime plus a year parttime which counts for half of the time amount (so 0.5 years experience)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, deeebya said:

so frustrated right now.

@deeebya

Unless you already have a CO assigned to your case (which doesn't seem to be the case), this should be perfectly fine and have not impacted your application. 

- They only need all the details / documents byt the time the CO reviews the application, in which case - if something is missing, they would request it (this will be coming to an end). 

It sounds like you've managed to catch something missing, that could be requested from the CO.
- My suggestion, would be to upload all missing / required files ASAP, so that by the time the CO does get to the documents, everything is there and ready for viewing. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hex said:

@deeebya

Unless you already have a CO assigned to your case (which doesn't seem to be the case), this should be perfectly fine and have not impacted your application. 

- They only need all the details / documents byt the time the CO reviews the application, in which case - if something is missing, they would request it (this will be coming to an end). 

It sounds like you've managed to catch something missing, that could be requested from the CO.
- My suggestion, would be to upload all missing / required files ASAP, so that by the time the CO does get to the documents, everything is there and ready for viewing. 

Do we have to create our own immi account? If so how?? Coz this is what my ma just texted me when i asked her for login details. 

69220B81-8418-4D6C-83C1-C1C585F218BF.jpeg

3 minutes ago, deeebya said:

Do we have to create our own immi account? If so how?? Coz this is what my ma just texted me when i asked her for login details. 

Import your file once registered. 

Surely you created an IMMI account for your Health Checks to obtain a HAP ID already?

Edited by Whites.uk
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, deeebya said:

@deeebya You would need to create your own Immi account.

Once this is created, you can simply login and select "Import Application", using the TRN number from your bridging visa (along with some personal information). 

- This would then import the application (some functionality in read-only) into your Immi account - for you to view, monitor and keep your sanity 🙂

31 minutes ago, Suusz said:

Yes I applied for a DE visa with 2 years fulltime experience and a relevant study (if not you need 3 years) . Within the 2 years there was 1.5 years fulltime plus a year parttime which counts for half of the time amount (so 0.5 years experience)

Thanks Suusz, were you working as Restt. Manager even before applying for 457/ DE ?

Edited by Bips22