23 hours ago, UKAUS123 said:

I completed my medical this morning as my nomination was approved on the 12th February and it was very unexpected! My last updated date has been changed to 15th Feb which I am assuming is because my medical results are starting to be uploaded, not because anyone is looking at my file! 

I understand this is immigration we're talking about, and it could be literally any time - but I am just interested if there is a common time in between nomination approval and visa approval? 

From peoples experience, what are your thoughts? Be intrigued to hear what people have seen/read! Cheers! 

Nomination and Visa Submission: 28th August 2018

Nomination Approval: 12th February 2019

Visa Status: Received - Last updated date 15th February

12 months and counting after 29 Jan 2018 nomination approval. nothing heard on visa yet. same occupation!!

Hi guys, i have applied for a 186 DE visa. I have taken unpaid annual leave both before and after applying. My boss authorised my unpaid annual leave each time. Im just wondering if the unpaid annual leave will compromise the final result of my application? Has anyone gone through anything similar?

2 hours ago, Luka said:

Hi guys, i have applied for a 186 DE visa. I have taken unpaid annual leave both before and after applying. My boss authorised my unpaid annual leave each time. Im just wondering if the unpaid annual leave will compromise the final result of my application? Has anyone gone through anything similar?

I took a weeks unpaid leave thus I did wait for 1 week before filing nomination. 

However, yours is DE so there might be different rules.

Edited by @dream_aus

3 hours ago, Luka said:

It shouldn’t impact because a DE application is in reality unrelated to your 457 visa (if you have one) . Just if you take months of unpaid leave they could argue if your position is actually needed.

1 hour ago, MichaelD0411 said:

Hi guys, been seeing people mentioning "high risk positions", is there a list for such?

Have not seen contract administrator approved for a while, I have been waiting for a relatively long time myself (details in my signature) and started to get frustrated, is this position considered as high risk?

Is it on the STOL? 

11 hours ago, MichaelD0411 said:

Hi guys, been seeing people mentioning "high risk positions", is there a list for such?

Have not seen contract administrator approved for a while, I have been waiting for a relatively long time myself (details in my signature) and started to get frustrated, is this position considered as high risk?

We do not have a list. Based on the information available on this forum the processing of some occupations takes more time. Because for example there is more risk for immi when a person nominated by a small beauty salon as a hairdresser or a small restaurant as cook be a non-genuine applicant compare to a person nominated by large cooperation as a manager. There was a discussion about processing time if you go back a couple of pages you will see your case usually be inactive during 80-90% of the waiting time (just collecting dust in the system J ). I think immi keep those high-risk occupations for a longer period to see if the business still operating or if the applicant still working in the same occupations. I read a couple of posts here about small business closed or sold during the waiting period.

• Thanks 1

Hi all,

I remind you that my nomination got approved in 5.5 months (28th August - 12th February) and:

- We are a very small company (3 people)

- I am the first and only immigrant employee

- We do not have an MA

- My occupation is on the STOL 

This forum is a very small percentage of the tens of thousands of applications they receive.

So even though we may see trends on here, they may not even exist! 

STAY POSITIVE! 🙂

• Like 8
  • Congratulations 1

6 hours ago, PKH said:

We do not have a list. Based on the information available on this forum the processing of some occupations takes more time. Because for example there is more risk for immi when a person nominated by a small beauty salon as a hairdresser or a small restaurant as cook be a non-genuine applicant compare to a person nominated by large cooperation as a manager. There was a discussion about processing time if you go back a couple of pages you will see your case usually be inactive during 80-90% of the waiting time (just collecting dust in the system J ). I think immi keep those high-risk occupations for a longer period to see if the business still operating or if the applicant still working in the same occupations. I read a couple of posts here about small business closed or sold during the waiting period.

I heard about this all the time.I think that’s a very unethical move from the immigration compared to before (processing time 3-4 months for 186 or 187). 

There will be cases like business closure or change of ABN. And if that happens, immi can take all the money although it’s not the applican’t fault. Last year there are a bunch of assumption refused for 187, those who didn’t even have a chance to provide more documents as well.

I hope this year there will be improvements 

Hello all, 

Could you please add us to excel :) ps. It is amazing statistic data! Thank you so much for someone who dedicates time and effort to fill this file! This spreadsheet gives us hope! 

There are our info:

186 DE visa, 2 persons, nomination 10th of March, 2018

Application applied on 17of March, 2018

Technical sales rep

Still waiting, no updates. Now we are under 457. 

5 minutes ago, Ovi said:

Immigration is so slow now a days😥😥they better understand our situation. 

As a member of this forum stated on another thread today "On the day you applied another 1600 people also did.  That is the average number  PER DAY applying  for Australian work/residence visas.  Much of their time is spent waiting on information from other countries - which are in no hurry to help  an Australian government department.  You are but a tiny minnow in a very big sea".  

9 hours ago, UKAUS123 said:

Hi all,

I remind you that my nomination got approved in 5.5 months (28th August - 12th February) and:

- We are a very small company (3 people)

- I am the first and only immigrant employee

- We do not have an MA

- My occupation is on the STOL 

This forum is a very small percentage of the tens of thousands of applications they receive.

So even though we may see trends on here, they may not even exist! 

STAY POSITIVE! 🙂

Very easy to stay positive if you are getting a approval within 6 months while some of us wait for more than 18

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Toots said:

As a member of this forum stated on another thread today "On the day you applied another 1600 people also did.  That is the average number  PER DAY applying  for Australian work/residence visas.  Much of their time is spent waiting on information from other countries - which are in no hurry to help  an Australian government department.  You are but a tiny minnow in a very big sea".  

I am not agree with you totally there are lots of files are "decision ready" file so all it needs to check those file and make a decision.  I understand there are lots of files are submitting but don't you feel it's way to long to know the result?? Some of us waiting from 2016 isn't it too much?? One newspaper published immi took 421 days to finalize result but the case officer assigned after 411 days so it took under 2 weeks to finalize. Most of the case officer asking to do again medicle test and police check because the paper we r submitting it is getting expired. So I think immigration in some cases can do faster.

• Like 2

Hi ,

i have got nomination approved and applied for 186 DE on 6/09/2018. Bridging visa Granted on 7/09/2018. For 1 applicant . I did my Medical exam on 15/01/2019 as well . 

How long do I have to wait for the PR granted . It has been just more than 5 months since i have applied .

thanks 

• Congratulations 2

11 minutes ago, Sanji said:

Hi ,

i have got nomination approved and applied for 186 DE on 6/09/2018. Bridging visa Granted on 7/09/2018. For 1 applicant . I did my Medical exam on 15/01/2019 as well . 

How long do I have to wait for the PR granted . It has been just more than 5 months since i have applied .

thanks 

Congratulations and occupation?

Edited by Deep1984