Just now, Tomlfc1992 said:

Has anyone got any feedback for contacting IMMI if the Nomination/Application falls outside the standard processing time? What kind of response would you get? Is it a generic response or is it a proactive response? Thanks in advance

From previous comments in this forum, most - if not all, efforts in this area have been a generic response.
- Something like "we are processing your application, please wait".

• Like 1

My MA asked me the same question when I lodged.
I guess as per your contract for full time work you are given the number of leaves and that make up your full time employment bu as soon as you take unpaid leave those leave are the one's that are out of contract.

(PS. I am not a lawyer)

25 minutes ago, sachin1983 said:

My MA asked me the same question when I lodged.
I guess as per your contract for full time work you are given the number of leaves and that make up your full time employment bu as soon as you take unpaid leave those leave are the one's that are out of contract.

(PS. I am not a lawyer)

Unpaid leave is not counted towards work for the company.
Meaning, if you need to work for 2 years (permanent) before you can apply for something, any unpaid leave will be excluded from this period. 

- Meaning, if you work for a company for 2 years and 3 months of that is unpaid, in the immigrations eyes, that would equate to only having worked for that company for 21 months.
Paid work (paid leave included) = worked time.

Edited by Hex
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Tomlfc1992 said:

Has anyone got any feedback for contacting IMMI if the Nomination/Application falls outside the standard processing time? What kind of response would you get? Is it a generic response or is it a proactive response? Thanks in advance

My agent sent a follow up asking to finalise as a priority as well outside the timelines and all further info was submitted 2 weeks previously. There was no response on this but my visa was granted 1 week later so who knows. Can't hurt to try I don't think. 

31 minutes ago, Hex said:

Unpaid leave is not counted towards work for the company.
Meaning, if you need to work for 2 years (permanent) before you can apply for something, any unpaid leave will be excluded from this period. 

- Meaning, if you work for a company for 2 years and 3 months of that is unpaid, in the immigrations eyes, that would equate to only having worked for that company for 21 months.
Paid work (paid leave included) = worked time.

Hey Hex, 

What about unpaid leave when you have lodged your 186 visa and nomination application? Do you know the rules around that?  

32 minutes ago, Carlijn said:

Hey Hex, 

What about unpaid leave when you have lodged your 186 visa and nomination application? Do you know the rules around that?  

@Carlijn From memory (and I stand corrected here), it'll only affect you if you take more than either 3 / 6 months unpaid leave (hoping someone could correct me here). 

If this is not within your length of leave, then it should have no impact on you whatsoever - as long as you have already lodged your visa for the 186. 

It has more impact prior to lodging the 186 visa as any unpaid leave is not counted as permanent work (of which you need 2/3 years of) for sponsorship (for TRT). 

36 minutes ago, Carlijn said:

Hey Hex, 

How long would the unpaid leave be for? 

You should be fine as long as you are still employed by your sponsor.

However, IMMI could get suspicious if they request recent payslips and you don't have any.

The problem with this is its sometimes used dishonestly.

For example, say employer is looking to make employee redundant before visa is granted. The company can put the employee on unpaid leave until visa is granted. Then let them go after. IMMI would be suspicious of situations like this.

6 hours ago, Frank Stanlington said:

Hi all,

A very occasional poster and full time lurker here.

I received confirmation yesterday that my nomination was approved on Saturday.

Nearly 11 months to the day so global processing times in this instance were consistent.

Hopefully the golden email follows shortly, No request for more info yet

See signature for details

Would someone please update the spreadsheet for me.

March ,AMA, Line 5, Nimination approved 16.2.19

Thanks in advance

GOLDEN EMAIL ALERT!

Application finalised at 9am 19.02.2019.

Its been a long few years getting to this day, This site has been a mantra for my sanity and commitment.

Thankyou and wishing you all the golden email very soon!

• Like 1
  • Congratulations 21

Hi guys,

I discovered this forum by chance a couple of weeks ago while screening the web, desperately looking for whatever information I could find on the reasons behind the extended processing time of my application. 

I cant believe I went 18 month without knowing about this community, it feels good knowing you are not alone! Reading you helped me understand a bit more this frustrating process and what to expect next. 

The past 3 month I have been out of the standard processing time. I called the immi twice just to receive the usual answer "your file is being processed", they wouldn't provide any further info. Getting hold of my immigration lawyer is even harder than reaching the department so they are not helping either.

Is there a forum that specifically reviews immigration lawyers based on past experience ? 

My application online says "last update November 2017" but I don't really know what this means knowing my MA has update our address a few month ago as well as uploading some updated documents ?

-------------------------------------------------

State: unknown
Birth Country: Europe
Stream: ENS DE
Number of applicants: 2
ENS 186 Visa and Nomination applied:  August 2017

Last Update  November 2017

IMMI Status: Received

30 minutes ago, Frank Stanlington said:

GOLDEN EMAIL ALERT!

Application finalised at 9am 19.02.2019.

Its been a long few years getting to this day, This site has been a mantra for my sanity and commitment.

Thankyou and wishing you all the golden email very soon!

One more march application processed, till now CO hasn't looked into my application.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Honcho said:

Hi guys,

I discovered this forum by chance a couple of weeks ago while screening the web, desperately looking for whatever information I could find on the reasons behind the extended processing time of my application. 

I cant believe I went 18 month without knowing about this community, it feels good knowing you are not alone! Reading you helped me understand a bit more this frustrating process and what to expect next. 

The past 3 month I have been out of the standard processing time. I called the immi twice just to receive the usual answer "your file is being processed", they wouldn't provide any further info. Getting hold of my immigration lawyer is even harder than reaching the department so they are not helping either.

Is there a forum that specifically reviews immigration lawyers based on past experience ? 

My application online says "last update November 2017" but I don't really know what this means knowing my MA has update our address a few month ago as well as uploading some updated documents ?

-------------------------------------------------

State: unknown
Birth Country: Europe
Stream: ENS DE
Number of applicants: 2
ENS 186 Visa and Nomination applied:  August 2017

Last Update  November 2017

IMMI Status: Received

Welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately, there are many here in your situation. Calling IMMI doesn't seem to help anyone.

All you can do it sit tight, and wait it out. At least now you have this community to support and to lean on throughout your wait.

It is concerning that your MA wont reply to you - that's what you pay them for.

Thanks for posting your timeline. Its useful if you add it to your signature. You can do it here - https://www.pomsinoz.com/settings/signature/

Edited by boo-yaa
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, boo-yaa said:

Welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately, there are many here in your situation. Calling IMMI doesn't seem to help anyone.

All you can do it sit tight, and wait it out. At least now you have this community to support and to lean on throughout your wait.

It is concerning that your MA wont reply to you - that's what you pay them for.

Thanks for posting your timeline. Its useful if you add it to your signature. You can do it here - https://www.pomsinoz.com/settings/signature/

Mate you got nothing still??

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ajk said:

One more march application processed, till now CO hasn't looked into my application.

Unfortunately, you need to stay strong. Your case SHOULD be finalized around the corner (any time now). 

- Anticipate the worst, and hope for the best, that way you will only be surprised 🙂 

Positive thoughts buddy! 

Edited by Hex
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Hex said:

Unfortunately, you need to stay strong. Your case SHOULD be finalized around the corner (any time now). 

- Anticipate the worst, and hope for the best, that was you will only be surprised 🙂 

Positive thoughts buddy! 

Thanks Hex for your wishes i am in same impression that will get sometime this week my golden email.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, boo-yaa said:

Sadly not mate 😭 

Just passed the 11 month mark. Hopefully something soon 🤞

That is Sh1t!

Cant even remember how long mine was. Feels like a bad dream I had. Felt a lot worse at the time.

Think though...when it comes how good its going to be 🙂

I actually came on here to check what everyone is saying about citizenship as im applying in June - that how fast things move post PR! Time stands still when you are in it but trust me, it passes.

Edited by Parkesy
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Parkesy said:

That is Sh1t!

Cant even remember how long mine was. Feels like a bad dream I had. Felt a lot worse at the time.

Think though...when it comes how good its going to be 🙂

I actually came on here to check what everyone is saying about citizenship as im applying in June - that how fast things move post PR! Time stands still when you are in it but trust me, it passes.

@Parkesy

Slightly off topic - have you found a decent forum like this for POST PR / Citizenship application help (apparently this is all done alone - not many / if any MA help with this)? 
- I'm not going anywhere, but will be applying in December and would be great to know if there is a site like this to help out. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hex said:

@Parkesy

Slightly off topic - have you found a decent forum like this for POST PR / Citizenship application help (apparently this is all done alone - not many / if any MA help with this)? 
- I'm not going anywhere, but will be applying in December and would be great to know if there is a site like this to help out. 

Only just beginning the search but had a lot of friends get theirs recently so I will lean on them. I've done my own visa applications since (3!) since arriving here so this one should be fairly straight forward!

I will have a look and see what the go is and report back.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Momo bey said:

Hi All,

I applied for the 186 visa in June 2018 as an ICT Business analyst. I logged today in my account and I saw last update was 1st February 2019 and my status is still received. Can someone please tell me what this means ?

Thanks 

@momo

This could mean any of many things:
- Medicals were updated and files are being updated
- Files / documents could have been updated (by either you or MA)
- Immi updated the application (if this is the case, there should be something in "Messages")
- Also possible (apparently) but something I've never seen (only heard from this forum) is that a automatic process occurred on your application and updated your application. 

My suggestion would be to check if there are any "Messages" on your application, if not - check if there are any documents updated / uploaded. Failing which, you could ask your MA if they have any ideas. 

Edited by Hex

Just now, Ducky said:

Hi everyone. Just got an email from my immigration lawyer saying my nomination got approved this morning. It was lodged on 28/2/18 so hopefully not long more until the golden email for me along with everybody else👍👍

This is great news, well done! 

I suggest updating your signature to reflect the same.
- Shouldn't be long now, holding thumbs! 

Hi all,

Have a generic (common) question and apologies if it has been answered already (tried the search, no help).

Nomination was submitted mid March and visa application mid May and my question is, from when does the countdown start? Is it from the nomination, application or something else?

Thanks