Hi Guys,

Long silent reader here. This forum helped me to go through all the ups and downs of awaiting for a grant so I thought I will share the good news. Just got my golden email on Friday evening. What a journey.

Application submitted 19 Feb 2019. Onshore, DE, HR. App + nom submitted through MA on the same day. Direct grant, no requests but I provided an AFP check couple of months ago.

Nomination approved precisely a week ago.

Feb'18 is definitely on fire and waiting time checks out. Finally my partner and I can truly start living in this wonderful country. I hope you guys gonna get your grants soon.

Cheers

• Like 2
  • Congratulations 12

46 minutes ago, deeebya said:

hi all. i am a march applicant and got medicare for a year. so if my visa wont get granted on a year period, can i extend the period of medicare again till visa wont be granted??

Yes, they will send you the renewed card on your address, you dont need to apply for that. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Billinaussie said:

Hi all bros and sis,

Is anyone here applying and waiting for 186 Direct Entry onshore on baker title? 

Pls share me to keep high spirit since 11/2017 🙂

Cheers!

I did. 186 DE waiting since 12/2017

Hope to hear from immi soon

Rick

3 hours ago, hwd said:

Hi all

Silent reader for a couple of months.  Just received good news from my MA regarding my nomination (see signature).  Any ideas how long it would take for the visa grant to come through (given that I prepared and submitted the visa application a few days after my MA submitted the nomination)?

I appreciate that I am very lucky to have received the nomination grant so fast.  Wishing you all the very best with what is a painful process that can be very distracting.

Congrats🌸🌸🌸

Wow you are so lucky, I think this is the fastest nomination approval at the moment.

Good luck

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hwd said:

Hi all

Silent reader for a couple of months.  Just received good news from my MA regarding my nomination (see signature).  Any ideas how long it would take for the visa grant to come through (given that I prepared and submitted the visa application a few days after my MA submitted the nomination)?

I appreciate that I am very lucky to have received the nomination grant so fast.  Wishing you all the very best with what is a painful process that can be very distracting.

omg what how come 

28 minutes ago, Kashif.Iqbal said:

Signature updated.

Thank you for your patience guys.

Happy saturday, Hopping for some grants today.

Best of Luck everyone.

Thanks for the information!

I am just wondering. You are one of the quickest to get a nomination approved and also in a HR occupation...

since you wrote quite a lot of messages here, did you also write immigration a lot? 

Because if so, maybe it does help then 

28 minutes ago, Suusz said:

Thanks for the information!

I am just wondering. You are one of the quickest to get a nomination approved and also in a HR occupation...

since you wrote quite a lot of messages here, did you also write immigration a lot? 

Because if so, maybe it does help then 

No, I didn't send any email to immi, i think my employer does cause my first nomination rejected without any soild reason.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sickofqueues said:

I think I've seen some people who took 3 months. Can be due to a number of reasons. For example, we were contacted in 4 days but since we don't have the required police clearances ready, we might have to wait for a couple of months.

@sawar We had our nomination approved in August 2018 (visa and nomination lodged January 2018) - no sign of the visa yet - 6 months 😞 

• Sad 1

On 09/02/2019 at 16:51, Kiwibayer said:

Hi all

Silent lurker for a while and finally registered today.
I saw the spreadsheet today and was wondering how I add my own details to it? 

is there a process to request access?

3 hours ago, kstttt said:

Hi All,

Silent reader of this really nice forum since around 3 months, finally registered today.

My details are in the signature.

I've added you both to the spreadsheet.

Welcome to the Big Wait.

Edited by Whites.uk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 09/02/2019 at 07:17, Kashif.Iqbal said:

Signature updated.

Thank you for your patience guys.

Happy saturday, Hopping for some grants today.

Best of Luck everyone.

Bro, I m so happy  for you, been seeing you posting a lot, finally pressure is gone. You can relax now. Congrats!

On ‎09‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 05:17, Kashif.Iqbal said:

No, I didn't send any email to immi, i think my employer does cause my first nomination rejected without any soild reason.

I feel somewhat confused … you state you don't know the reason your 1st nomination was rejected... yet your signature states otherwise?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Pottsie said:

I feel somewhat confused … you state you don't know the reason your 1st nomination was rejected... yet your signature states otherwise?

I think that the reason mentioned in his signature was not solid according to him.

lots of people get refusals based on the opinion of IMMI that the position isnt needed or that the business doesn’t have the financial capacity to pay the salary. 

However those reasons for refusal seem a bit stupid because people applying for PR 186 TRT have been working in that position for that salary for 2+ years

because a lot of businesses (mainly restaurants) do dodgy deals with their employees, the department looks deeper into their finances and business structure I suppose. Some genuine applicants suffer from this unfortunately.

• Like 1

On 08/02/2019 at 17:10, akiradiaz said:

Hi again

I just uploaded a new police certificate without being requested to do so (previous was expired).

My "last updated" has not changed remaining 3 April 2018, should I worry about this? could this mean the document did not get through?

Thank you in advance....

Hey don't stress. This happened to me and also others. If you search keywords in this forum it will come up. 

Sometimes police check doesn't seem to change the 'last updated' date for some reason. 

• Thanks 1

Hi akiradiaz mine hasn't changed either i wouldn't be to alarmed.

I uploaded my new police check on the 4th of Feb so hoping by the end of Feb they will have looked at it.

Slightly different with the NZ police checks as they have to contact the ministry of justice to confirm there isn't a 2nd page so can take longer.

Gotta love a long wait eh 🤨

• Thanks 1