I have got my PR today.

I thought It would be more exciting moment i am quite calm

Timeline

12/01 VISA and Nomination application

17/09 nomination approvef and ask for new NPC

26/09 new NPC submitted

18/10 approved VISA

Good luck and thanks for you all

Massive congratulations.  Can you tell what occupation it is? 

On 19/10/2018 at 15:43, Hex said:

That's why they keep changing the time lines I guess. So that they can say "If within the time frame, you cannot contact us". 
As far as I know, the MA can email the CO - however, I've never heard of them being able to contact CO's directly. 

Still believe this is unfair. How can we. Or complain about the timeline doubling from date of lodgement?. It’s on some ways false and misleading. At time of lodgement my application said 8-9 months  why should I have to wait longer because immigration can’t deal with the workload.

I did medicals and 3 police checks based on the original 8-9 month timeline.

Disappointed with the Australian immigration is an understatement  

40 minutes ago, Friskycharmer said:

Still believe this is unfair. How can we. Or complain about the timeline doubling from date of lodgement?. It’s on some ways false and misleading. At time of lodgement my application said 8-9 months  why should I have to wait longer because immigration can’t deal with the workload.

We all in the same boat mate; it's not easy but not too much we can do about it, other than hold on and try take it a day at a time. 

59 minutes ago, Friskycharmer said:

I think this is why immigration advise people not to have medicals or police checks until they are requested.  There is a risk to front loading Meds and police checks in that the time scales can be blown out and they have to be re-done or leave you little time to validate.  

40 minutes ago, Friskycharmer said:

Hex where does it say initial assessment on immi status?

@Friskycharmer 

Your status will be directly under your name on the application (it might not be "Initial Assessment"). 

Mine looks like this;

image.png.98d6f79f08dd496bcaa89b8bc79dee12.png

The complete reference of these statuses was uploaded the other day, however, here it is for ease of reference;

image.thumb.png.8905ddf88e43e85255293529de9b6329.png

Edited by Hex

13 minutes ago, Hex said:

@Friskycharmer 

Your status will be directly under your name on the application (it might not be "Initial Assessment"). 

Mine looks like this;

image.png.98d6f79f08dd496bcaa89b8bc79dee12.png

The complete reference of these statuses was uploaded the other day, however, here it is for ease of reference;

image.thumb.png.8905ddf88e43e85255293529de9b6329.png

Ahhhh mine just says received. You lodged a little before me.

exciting stuff hopefully good news for you soon. Seems to be they are opening applications from early 2018 👍👌

On 19/10/2018 at 15:45, jarnail singh said:

Hi guys what does means  initial assessment and further assessment they asked baby medical which one submitted already file status is initial assessment they just asked for medical nothing else.wil they ask more documents 

On 19/10/2018 at 17:21, jarnail singh said:

bro they asked for only medical of baby i had already filled the form 80 and  they did not ask for employee letter , is that urgent to submit the letter? without asking?

Hi Bro, Depends on case officer may ask letter, One of my friends got the same situation and he submitted. All the best 

46 minutes ago, Brightlife said:

Granted with the PR this morning for all 3 of us by Vic PSE. Thanks a lot for the members here who helped me in the journey. Hope others get their good news.

Congratulations Brightlife!!! 

It's really great to see a PR from a March 2018 application, it gives hope that processing times may not be as bad as expected for all of us (no guarantee of course but a good sign!)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hex said:

Has anyone had their case go from "Initial assessment" (with documents being requested) to granted - without going to further assessment? 

Hex I think once we submit the requested docs it goes to further assesment automatically. I dnt think they do it manually or co do tht. It's once we click on uploaded requested docs swict on immiaccount it goes to further assessment but m not sure. Hav u people done Ur kids medical. If it done does Ur app status changed ornot

2 minutes ago, Deep1991 said:

Hex I think once we submit the requested docs it goes to further assesment automatically. I dnt think they do it manually or co do tht. It's once we click on uploaded requested docs swict on immiaccount it goes to further assessment but m not sure. Hav u people done Ur kids medical. If it done does Ur app status changed ornot

@Deep1991 We've already submitted all requested documents, via the MA - the application has been updated with the documents but is still "initial assessment".

- We are complete with everything that they have requested and are now just waiting. 

My MA is anticipating it being finalized the next time the CO reviews the application, I was just curious to see how many people's applications have gone from "initial assessment" to granted. 

I actually think it could change to finalized at any stage and is all CO dependant. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Hex said:

@Deep1991 We've already submitted all requested documents, via the MA - the application has been updated with the documents but is still "initial assessment".

- We are complete with everything that they have requested and are now just waiting. 

My MA is anticipating it being finalized the next time the CO reviews the application, I was just curious to see how many people's applications have gone from "initial assessment" to granted. 

I actually think it could change to finalized at any stage and is all CO dependant. 

Gud luck hex