26 minutes ago, cachinnation23 said:

Getting so impatient these days. So great to see all the approvals over the past few days and i'm super happy for them but what on earth is going on with applications made before June 2017?

I m june 2017 applicant, software engineer no updates ?

• Sad 1

A friend of mine thinks the huge influx of applications in May/June 2017 has been sidelined strategically. Not sure why its strategic but they had 16,000 applications in June alone according to their newsletter back in November. That is not an insignificant increase in volume.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Parkesy said:

A friend of mine thinks the huge influx of applications in May/June 2017 has been sidelined strategically. Not sure why its strategic but they had 16,000 applications in June alone according to their newsletter back in November. That is not an insignificant increase in volume.

... May/June 2017, aka once people had got their apps together immediately after the Turnbull government's announcements?

• Like 1

Having said the above - we must remember that we on this forum are only a small segment of applicants (and most likely the most frustrated as we are looking to share our anguish on daily basis!), and that as I write this, people are getting grant letters. 

Thats what I'm trying to tell myself anyway!

• Like 2

Having said the above - we must remember that we on this forum are only a small segment of applicants (and most likely the most frustrated as we are looking to share our anguish on daily basis!), and that as I write this, people are getting grant letters. 
Thats what I'm trying to tell myself anyway!

same thinking

Couple of general visa quiz questions whilst we wait?

I will ask these of the department next time I call, but since we’ve got a community of experts right here:

I have a trip planned to the UK in August 2018 for nearly a month. Currently 4 months in to 186 waiting, our 457s still run until mid-2019.

• Q1 – Am I correct in thinking we do not need to switch to Bridging Visa B to travel outside of AU? Do the 457 rules for travel stay in effect until they expire, and trump any bridging visa rules in the meantime?
  • Q2 – If our 186 was opened during the time we’re away, in August, what would happen? We’re due to be away just shy of a month total. Would I have to quickly return to Aus?

Thanks 186 crew for any insight!

Edited by millski88

You can travel freely until your 457 expires. Once it expires you would then need the BVB. (i'm just about to apply for my BVB)

I don't think you would need to return to OZ once they open your file. They may ask for extra documentation but you can just upload that to your Immi account. I suppose you would only have to return if they wanted to do an interview but I would say that would be unlikely.

Best of luck and enjoy your trip home. :)

• Like 1

Just now, AJSAJS said:

You can travel freely until your 457 expires. Once it expires you would then need the BVB. (i'm just about to apply for my BVB)

I don't think you would need to return to OZ once they open your file. They may ask for extra documentation but you can just upload that to your Immi account. I suppose you would only have to return if they wanted to do an interview but I would say that would be unlikely.

Best of luck and enjoy your trip home. :)

Thanks AJSAJS!

I suppose it's mainly if it was granted whilst we're out of the country, or it was due to be granted and we we're offshore, when we had applied onshore. If that happened would i thought it might mess things up, or that i might be given a window to return.

21 minutes ago, millski88 said:

Thanks AJSAJS!

I suppose it's mainly if it was granted whilst we're out of the country, or it was due to be granted and we we're offshore, when we had applied onshore. If that happened would i thought it might mess things up, or that i might be given a window to return.

Also wondering the same thing - what happens if it is granted when you are out of the country on a longer than average holiday?

Hi guys, 

Quick update.

I got my visa approved. 

Lodged date - 14/10/2017 

Nomination and visa Approved date- 27/01/2018 (Yes, a Saturday afternoon)

Position Life Scientist 

skill level- 1

Wish everyone good luck.

Happy to answer any questions.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, QMY said:

Hi guys, 

Quick update.

I got my visa approved. 

Lodged date - 14/10/2017 

Position Life Scientist 

skill level- 1

Wish everyone good luck.

October crew represent!

5 minutes ago, QMY said:

Hi guys, 

Quick update.

I got my visa approved. 

Lodged date - 14/10/2017 

Position Life Scientist 

skill level- 1

Wish everyone good luck.

Many Congrats QMY, 

6 minutes ago, QMY said:

Hi guys, 

Quick update.

I got my visa approved. 

Lodged date - 14/10/2017 

Position Life Scientist 

skill level- 1

Wish everyone good luck.

Congrats buddy !!