16 minutes ago, bigbro said:

Hi guys! Just got approved cook apply march 05. Thank you lord! wait until golden email will come.

Seems like the cooks are starting to come in thick and fast - congrats! 

Please don't forget to update your signature. 

Edited by Hex

3 minutes ago, Nandarao said:

Hello guys can I ask you one thing I have launched my visa on 2nd July and they guys open the august ,November files .is anything wrong my file or they pick the file randomly.I have uploaded all the documents when I launch my application.Thanks 

The way the department work are random and clearly not processing the applications in order of submission. 

Still people are waiting from 2017 and well before you.  You just got to be patient 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Nandarao said:

Hello guys can I ask you one thing I have launched my visa on 2nd July and they guys open the august ,November files .is anything wrong my file or they pick the file randomly.I have uploaded all the documents when I launch my application.Thanks 

There is nothing wrong with your application. Please read over the last few pages as there was a lot of ideas why some people are getting processed faster. 

In August SAAF levy has been introduced and we can only suspect that it has an impact on it.

• Like 2

Slightly off-topic (for those that already have PR granted).

Once you have PR, does anyone know if, in regards to keeping immigration up to date on change of address etc.

- Would updating this information in your VEVO account suffice / be required? Or would they specifically require you to update your "finalized" 186 application on the Immi site.
NOTE: Once you get PR, you get access to the complete VEVO system, showing / storing all your "resident" details. 

I've heard conflicting stories and was wondering if anyone had experience in this? 

51 minutes ago, Hex said:

Slightly off-topic (for those that already have PR granted).

Once you have PR, does anyone know if, in regards to keeping immigration up to date on change of address etc.

- Would updating this information in your VEVO account suffice / be required? Or would they specifically require you to update your "finalized" 186 application on the Immi site.
NOTE: Once you get PR, you get access to the complete VEVO system, showing / storing all your "resident" details. 

I've heard conflicting stories and was wondering if anyone had experience in this? 

There is definitely no need to update your 'finalized" 186 application on IMMI

The only thing you need to update them with is any changes in passport.

Address does not need to be updated after the Visa has been granted

• Thanks 1

Hi guys, just a quick question. I’ve imported my 186 trt application today and found Action Required medical examination. Spoke to my Migration Lawyer and he said it is generic requirement for 186 application and i should not do it untill CO request for it. 

My question is should i do it now for time saving or wait for CO request. 

Has someone experienced this to save timeframe??? 

1 hour ago, Nandarao said:

Current processing times are 12 - 13 months for TRT. You are well within that. Nothing is wrong with your application.

IMMI don't process the applications in date order. They also don't process the applications at random. They will use multiple factors to decide which visas get processed first. Unfortunately no one on here knows their exact criteria - we can only speculate.

Again your visa could get processed within 6 months or it could take 16 months+ - no one can tell you when.

Sometimes it feels like groundhog day on here 🤣

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Danny186 said:

Hi guys, just a quick question. I’ve imported my 186 trt application today and found Action Required medical examination. Spoke to my Migration Lawyer and he said it is generic requirement for 186 application and i should not do it untill CO request for it. 

If you wait until CO requests it - this will delay the approval of your Visa as your application is not "decision ready".

A medical is a requirement so you will need to do it at some point. Id suggest trying to get it done before a CO is assigned to your application.

Id generally recommend doing it after your application has been in for around 5-6 months. This way, you shouldn't risk having to do your medical twice, as it only valid for 12 months. This is just my opinion however.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sydneyishuk said:

Spot on Sydneyishuk. @Hex As long as you become permanant residence of australia you become bird, you can fly anywhere within Australia you want. No need to update your address. Current address will be updated soon you apply citizenship and department will know where you live. Cheers !

Edited by KazBaker
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Frankau said:

Hi All

I have question do you guys think it is effective to ring IMMI department if the visa is waiting for 8 month, the processing would be quicker?

how's your timeline? nomination already approved? when. pls state your timeline then maybe ppl here will give u advice. 

2 hours ago, boo-yaa said:

If you wait until CO requests it - this will delay the approval of your Visa as your application is not "decision ready".

A medical is a requirement so you will need to do it at some point. Id suggest trying to get it done before a CO is assigned to your application.

Id generally recommend doing it after your application has been in for around 5-6 months. This way, you shouldn't risk having to do your medical twice, as it only valid for 12 months. This is just my opinion however.

Hi Ming

i have already uploaded my add documents include medical as well 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Danny186 said:

Not sure about CO. But based on my experience, my MA asked me to defer the medical for 3-4 months. I submitted my application March 2018, HAP ID was provided by my MA for medical in June 2018 and we did the Medical in October 2018. 

Medical is required for your application but if it is already expired by the time a CO is assigned to your case, they can ask for new medical (additional expenses).

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, SM6 said:

@dazgib Hey. I see your CO requested further financials on 20th January. When were these submitted, if you don't mind me asking ? Any progress since ? 

all the requested documents were submitted before the 8/2/19

havent heard anthing since. i thought they would have looked at the case again by now. 

my visa status still says received so they havent opened that yet

On 15/02/2019 at 19:30, Luka said:

What documents did they ask to the business? If u dont mind me to ask 

Hi Luka, You asked what documents they requested. It was updated BAS, Profit & Loss, Group Certs & Tax Returns as it was nearly 12 months since the application

13 hours ago, sydneyishuk said:

@Hex @sydneyishuk Actually you fo have to update this info. It is written on you visa grant notice on the last page (see page 3 of your letter) maybe not on the actual immi account but through form 1022.

It reads:

Update us
You are required to tell us about any changes to your details as soon as possible.
These changes may include your name, passport, contact details, address or family
members.
If you do not notify us of your new details, this can have serious consequences for you.
You must do this in writing and can use Form 1022 Notification of changes in circumstances
(Section 104 of the Migration Act 1958), which is available at www.homeaffairs.gov.au/
allforms
More information: immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/change-in-situation

Edited by Nora
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good morning Australia!  Long time silent reader.  I received the golden email last night! It was a long and anxious journey but we managed to push through!  Thought it was a deadend but never gave up hope.  sending out the positive vibes out there!  We can all do this!

• Congratulations 17

1 hour ago, oninross said:

Good morning Australia!  Long time silent reader.  I received the golden email last night! It was a long and anxious journey but we managed to push through!  Thought it was a deadend but never gave up hope.  sending out the positive vibes out there!  We can all do this!

Why a Dead end if you only waited 10 months after your visa application?? Or was it 2017 instead of 2018?

1 hour ago, oninross said:

Congrats Oninross,

Can you please let us know when did you lodge your nomination exactly?

12 hours ago, Nora said:

@Hex @sydneyishuk Actually you fo have to update this info. It is written on you visa grant notice on the last page (see page 3 of your letter) maybe not on the actual immi account but through form 1022.

It reads:

Update us
You are required to tell us about any changes to your details as soon as possible.
These changes may include your name, passport, contact details, address or family
members.
If you do not notify us of your new details, this can have serious consequences for you.
You must do this in writing and can use Form 1022 Notification of changes in circumstances
(Section 104 of the Migration Act 1958), which is available at www.homeaffairs.gov.au/
allforms
More information: immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/change-in-situation

@Nora Thanks for this - i'd still be curious to know where it is that they need us to update all this information (I know it says, via the website and for 1022) but then what - you email it to them / update your application etc. I guess we'll figure it out when we have to 🙂