Western Australia Closed

Raul Senise

Probably a good thing until they can re assess properly as unemployment has been rising there. I am sure their are still some shortage areas but it is up to employers to negotiate this.

I can understand removing Perth from the classification as a Regional area. However, Western Australia is a huge State and closing the whole program will hurt the true Regional areas within the State.

• Like 1

Well if there is a genuine need in rural areas I'm sure employers will be petitioning the government.

I do agree though it may well be a real issue in really remote areas, I guess it was a gut reaction and hopefully when they assess it properly a compromise will be reached.

I do wonder if SA might do something too as there are genuine shortages in the country areas but not in the metro district. Plenty of locals and new graduates to fill many of these posts.

For employers that really need someone there there are still options with the 457 and 186 visas.

I lodged my 187 RSMS application on 11.Jan.2016. I received RCB approval in around April.

After that, my suffering journey started.

My company had been put into receivership in August. And rumors was going around our company was going to bankrupt, even though our venue was operating as usual.

My visa was still processing and no further news was provided.

Until November, our company found a few potential buyers and they finalized the sale in December.

I am informed that new ABN number will be issued, therefore, my nomination and visa application won't be approved.

No doubt, I received nomination disapproval on 13 January 2017. It has been a year since I lodged my application.

I thought I was lucky enough that the new company is ready in position to sponsor my 187visa. So I wait another few month.

This week I signed the new employment contract which offers me the identical position and salary package from the new company. But I have been told by my agent that this paperwork as of yet is not available for visa purpose. I have to wait for financial settlement takes place, which may be ready in late of this month or early April.

As most of you alerted, I got the email from my agent, saying that RSMS is temporary no longer available in WA.

I am exhausted and frustrated.

I wish everyone good luck and to stay strong and optimistic.

Guest The Pom Queen
I lodged my 187 RSMS application on 11.Jan.2016. I received RCB approval in around April.

After that, my suffering journey started.

My company had been put into receivership in August. And rumors was going around our company was going to bankrupt, even though our venue was operating as usual.

My visa was still processing and no further news was provided.

Until November, our company found a few potential buyers and they finalized the sale in December.

I am informed that new ABN number will be issued, therefore, my nomination and visa application won't be approved.

No doubt, I received nomination disapproval on 13 January 2017. It has been a year since I lodged my application.

I thought I was lucky enough that the new company is ready in position to sponsor my 187visa. So I wait another few month.

This week I signed the new employment contract which offers me the identical position and salary package from the new company. But I have been told by my agent that this paperwork as of yet is not available for visa purpose. I have to wait for financial settlement takes place, which may be ready in late of this month or early April.

As most of you alerted, I got the email from my agent, saying that RSMS is temporary no longer available in WA.

I am exhausted and frustrated.

I wish everyone good luck and to stay strong and optimistic.

I am so sorry to hear that. What nightmares for you.

I am so sorry to hear that. What nightmares for you.

Thank you for your kindness.

It really is. I feel groundless as I still have to wait for a while to see what is the decision of revision.

All i wasted in this whole year are not my time, but also my patience, money and energy.

But I am still hanging there and hoping for a light.

Hi to all.

I am just new in this blog.

I applied RSMS(nomination/visa) in Perth last year Sept 2016. With RCB approval. Just worried about new policies of Labor regarding rsms removal from WA. Did you guys have any idea that will these policies affect the previously lodged applications too? As I am really concerned about this. Please help me out. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Western Australia has re-opened its Regional Migration Program, although in a much more limited capacity.

RSMS is available in a handful of regions.

State Sponsorship is available for a short list of occupations.

The good news for some is that applications received before the suspension of the program will be processed according to the rules which were in place at the time.

Western Australia has re-opened its Regional Migration Program, although in a much more limited capacity.
RSMS is available in a handful of regions.
State Sponsorship is available for a short list of occupations.
The good news for some is that applications received before the suspension of the program will be processed according to the rules which were in place at the time.

Did these applications mean "RCB application" or "RSMS visa application"

On 14/03/2017 at 1:51 PM, amibovered said:

Wait until Bill is Prime Minister, he'll take an axe to 457s

Which is ironic as we need something like it in the UK. We have sent another project team home with their project unfinished. Ah - but they can finish it remotely from India. Ah, but they don't all live in the same place, what with India being a big country and all, and agile development is not great remotely. Something like a 457 would be great, except we don't employ them, we go through a third party. Still that could work. I don't see why people object. It's not a migrant visa, it's a workers visa.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/14/2017 at 2:35 PM, Perth314 said:

Thank you for your kindness.

It really is. I feel groundless as I still have to wait for a while to see what is the decision of revision.

All i wasted in this whole year are not my time, but also my patience, money and energy.

But I am still hanging there and hoping for a light.

Could you try another state perhaps?  NSWales or Victoria?