My travel thread

Quokka2005

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Agree 1000% with you.

well I've moved now. It's my WHV so I guess it's my mistakes to make. But everybody's been really nice and sent me jobs so hopefully it'll work out. A girl I met on herm has friends here and she's got them to listen out for me too which was really nice.

I'm off to see if I can find some factor 50 today. I put cream on yesterday but I've woke up this morning and my arms are a bit lobster like. My face has went a bit red again. I thought it was heat rash on my arms at first but I think I've just burnt the tops of them. I was starting to get a tan! Maybe not a tan like everybody else but a Scottish tan lol

I'm off to see if I can find some factor 50 today. I put cream on yesterday but I've woke up this morning and my arms are a bit lobster like. My face has went a bit red again. I thought it was heat rash on my arms at first but I think I've just burnt the tops of them. I was starting to get a tan! Maybe not a tan like everybody else but a Scottish tan lol

Get either the Nivea sun sport or banana boat airosol spay. I use these in the desert. There more expensive, but last for ages as you don't need as much.

Get either the Nivea sun sport or banana boat airosol spay. I use these in the desert. There more expensive, but last for ages as you don't need as much.

I'm sure you probably know this, but it's best to put suntan cream on at least 30 mins before you want go out and then apply another layer just before you go out, double protection and covers the odd part you might have missed.

We like the Australian cancer council make.

Yeah I put it on roughly 30 mins before I left but I should have put more on my arms. I got a little burnt in Sydney too but it didn't hurt. Usually in the past sunburn hurts me. I've been really careful with my legs though because they never see the sun much haha. My forearms and my face are usually fine and they get tanned. Everything else usually stays white :laugh:

well I've moved now. It's my WHV so I guess it's my mistakes to make. But everybody's been really nice and sent me jobs so hopefully it'll work out. A girl I met on herm has friends here and she's got them to listen out for me too which was really nice.

What you'll possibly realise is the best solution for work is through the back packers grave vine. In fact best for everything while on a WHV. There are a number of venues in Northbridge that have back packers special deals on different nights of the week. Check them out.

People here are so friendly. One lovely member on here messaged me inviting me to meet them. Then I joined the pio Perth Facebook page and I've got chatting to people who have offered to meet me. One girl used to be on here and wants to show me around freo on Monday, I thought it was Emmaroo at first though. The lovely lady rainicorn has introduced me to people too. So kind

What? A few more freckles? ;D

Archived