hjd

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Finally... got our visa grant :)

Visa Lodged on 20th September and CO contact on 28th Oct, documents submitted on 3rd Nov and Grant on 21st Dec!!!

Really excited..... :smile:

Thank you CaptainC and all others for being a part of my journey...!

Edited by AusApril27

Congratulations to all

those who got

their grants!! Exciting Christmas it is for you!

I've been waiting for mine and hopefully it will be very very soon and before Christmas Day. Just wondering if any Accountants have had grants recently? Was assigned a CO Nov. 9, submitted all requested additional docs Nov. 18. This waiting is just painful. Keep refreshing my email every 5 minutes, I'm sure many of you can relate. :smile:

Congrats to my fellow Octoberites who have received your grants.. I hope the rest of you get them soon!

I still cant believe it. I'm half expecting them to send me another email saying that there has been some kind of mistake. When are you heading out?

That is fabulous...thinking ours is gonna mid January now!!

IELTS passed 5.8.15 ANMAC submitted 12.8.15 AHPRA submitted 12.8.15 Skills assessment ANMAC completed 14.9.15 EOI submitted for 190 visa 21.9.15 State Sponsorship WA granted 30.9.15 Invite to apply for 190 visa 10.10.15 Visa Application submitted 14.10.15 all docs front loaded....PCC and medicals completed and online by 13.11.15 awaiting decision!

Thanks so much! It was a bit surreal. My BF woke up really early and saw the email, woke me up and we were like whhhhoooooooooooooo, then went back to sleep :) We're just sat on the couch now looking at dates and I think we're going to around the 5th Feb. Where are you going? We're going to have a 2 week holiday in Thailand, then go on to Sydney to see friends and family and then head to Brisbane and hopefully settle there!

Thanks so much! It was a bit surreal. My BF woke up really early and saw the email, woke me up and we were like whhhhoooooooooooooo, then went back to sleep :) We're just sat on the couch now looking at dates and I think we're going to around the 5th Feb. Where are you going? We're going to have a 2 week holiday in Thailand, then go on to Sydney to see friends and family and then head to Brisbane and hopefully settle there!

Sounds great. Thailand is fab. We are heading straight to Perth but intend on having some time to settle before the job hunt starts. Good luck, keep me posted on your experience xx

Fantastic! Perth is so beautiful. Definitely keep in touch...it'll be interesting to see how you get on finding teaching work. I think it's pretty tough to find teaching work Sydney way but hopefully it'll be easier WA/QLD. All the best x

Great news hjd

We are just waiting for grant now as all docs in pcc and medicals all cleared so would be a great new year present.

What do you teach? I'm a college teacher so hoping to get work in that sector Gold Coast way but not hoping too much as if it's anything like here then it's very hard to get a full time contract.

Bring on the sunshine is my thoughts looking out the window here in South Wales lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My BF is the teacher. His speciality is geography and he works in schools where kids have been excluded from main stream education so imagine he'll go back in to that but he might change and just go in to secondary. We're looking to move to central Brissy first to get to know the city and then we're going to move out to the beaches. It all kind of depends on work. So excited though. This greyness is killing us :) Good luck!

HEY EVERYONE,

I applied for the 189 visa with my partner. I got invited from the EOI on 7th Sep 2015, submitted my application & paid on the 12th October and I got my visa granted on Xmas Eve......Best Xmas news ever!!!!!!!!!!! :wink: Seems they are able to keep within the predicted 12 week timeframe when it's straight forward.

HAPPY NEW YEAR & GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL

[h=2]Hi Everyone, 189 visa submitted 26th December for myself and my wife,

I'm tagging along as a very grateful husband lol Wife has 75 Points IELTS test result of 9.0

hopefully we are making the right decision, neither of us have been to Australia before so big risk, but following in the footsteps of previous family members who moved out here but returned to UK (which they say is the biggest mistake they ever made, now too old to come back) thinking either eastern Melbourne or Eastern Adaliade Hills, currently no children but looking to start a family before we get too old.

Thanks KoalaPOM

[/h]

Just wondered if anyone knows when you receive the grant do you have to give them dates when you fly ? Eg have to book flights once granted.

As u have just seen on the spouse visa people had 28days to give them dates when they were flying out.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Just wondered if anyone knows when you receive the grant do you have to give them dates when you fly ? Eg have to book flights once granted.

As u have just seen on the spouse visa people had 28days to give them dates when they were flying out.

No, I have never heard of such, the only condition is that you have to enter before your IED.

Thats only when an offshore Spouse Visa is ready to be granted and the applicant has already travelled to Australia. They then have to advise DIBP when they will be leaving for another country so that the visa can be granted. They then return to Australia and the visa is validated when they re-enter.

Nothing for 189-ers to worry about.

Hi all,

I'm in the middle of applying for my 189 visa. I'm a teacher so am currently waiting for my skills results to come back before posting my EOI.

I know that teaching is on the flagged list now and I was wondering if anyone had any idea what would happen if it gets removed soon after I have fully applied for the visa?

Thanks,

Anna.