hjd

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi everyone,

I have been told by others on this site that you can upload original documents to DIBP when lodging your application. However according to the Skilled Independent Visa (subclass 189) document checklist it states "All documents must be certified copies of original documents. Do not include original documents unless specifically requested to do so by the department. Can anyone give me advice on this issue. Thanks in advance. :)

Hi guys, did either of you get any response back as yet for the additional information?
Hi Ceri. We had an email from a CO on the 3rd Nov. We replied on the 4th Nov and they say they'll be in touch within 7 days....so hopefully tomorrow??

Hi everyone,

I have been told by others on this site that you can upload original documents to DIBP when lodging your application. However according to the Skilled Independent Visa (subclass 189) document checklist it states "All documents must be certified copies of original documents. Do not include original documents unless specifically requested to do so by the department. Can anyone give me advice on this issue. Thanks in advance. :)

DIBP accepts uncertified colour scans.

Hi guys,

So my CO was allocated yesterday. She emailed me and asked me to email them police certificates, however I have already uploaded them on my immi account. It sounds a bit odd, what do you think guys? She can't see the uploaded documents or what?

Cheers

Edited by Amir HK

Hi guys,

So my CO was allocated yesterday. She emailed me and asked me to email them police certificates, however I have already uploaded them on my immi account. It sounds a bit odd, what do you think guys? She can't see the uploaded documents or what?

Cheers

We had the same thing happen but with our health checks. I emailed copies to the CO. That was a week ago and still waiting to hear back.

I wouldn't hold your breath about hearing back soon. I gave a follow up email and the Automated response said that emails are taking 28 days to process as they have tons of emails. I did actually hear back about 10 minutes later from an actual person who basically repeated to me what the automated response said. A big bummer as we were hoping to go to Australia in December. Oh well, the waiting game continues...

I wouldn't hold your breath about hearing back soon. I gave a follow up email and the Automated response said that emails are taking 28 days to process as they have tons of emails. I did actually hear back about 10 minutes later from an actual person who basically repeated to me what the automated response said. A big bummer as we were hoping to go to Australia in December. Oh well, the waiting game continues...

Seems to be the case. We were due to hear back this week...based on the auto reply to our original email...but nada! Grrr...this process is so frustrating. We started our paperwork at Xmas last year...feels like it's been going on forever.

I just sent the same documents to them.. instead of gsm.allocated I sent to gsm.adelaide.

One thing was strange, they asked for a certified copy of my passport. But only for me, not my partner. I submitted colour scans of both of them! I just sent the same one again.

Same here -- I lodged my visa on the same day as you, had the same email gsm adelaide about having to upload a certified copy of my passport although mine was colour-scanned. Now waiting patiently (well, not really) for some sort of response :/ Painful!

Seems to be the case. We were due to hear back this week...based on the auto reply to our original email...but nada! Grrr...this process is so frustrating. We started our paperwork at Xmas last year...feels like it's been going on forever.

Im annoying myself by checking my emails several times a day. What im concerned about is that it could take 28 days to get a response and then if they need further info do we then have to wait an additional 28 days etc etc

Im annoying myself by checking my emails several times a day. What im concerned about is that it could take 28 days to get a response and then if they need further info do we then have to wait an additional 28 days etc etc
Exactly my concern too! I'm going to be unemployed from 31st Dec!

Got Case Officer contact today..

He asked for a more detailed reference from one of my jobs (as I was a contractor and the reference I gave was for my agency)

He also asked for proof of payment - 10 years of payslips/bank statements.. how am I meant to provide this info? I probably have 6 out of 10 years worth of payslips and maybe some bank statements

Plus I took a sabbatical during one of my roles.. I was still employed but I wasn't getting paid for 10 months.. should I tell them? it wont affect my points or anything but I want to be honest

Congrats davesh1, did you submit form 80 and 1221? Also did you submit any passport size photo as in required document check list?

Yay, just paid, lodged and front loaded documents for 189 - midwife with 65 points. Going to sort police checks tomorrow..... I'm sure I read that we should wait until we are assigned a CO to book medicals because we need a reference number, is that right?

Hi I'm a midwife too...I lodged my 190 visa on the 14th October. All docs uploaded police checks done and we have now had our medicals just need a CO now. Where are you heading to?

How do you think I feel? 3 weeks ago it was hot and humid, I was in shorts. Right now it's 1 degree. Winter's come fast this year.

IELTS passed 5.8.15 ANMAC submitted 12.8.15 AHPRA submitted 12.8.15

Hi,

I did not submit form 80 or 1221 or a passport photo, CO hasn't asked for it, only payslips and a new reference for one of my jobs (as the old one didn't mention the dates).

Medical is now done, submitted and passed. I wonder if I had to fill out 80 and 1221 would he just have asked me to when he made contact about the payslips/reference?

Any recommendation on this would be greatly appreciated

Anyone got any feedback from CO today?

It is almost 2 weeks since CO initially contacted me asking for forms, medicals and PCC. I asked the CO for some clarifications on the same day but no feedback so far. In the meantime I uploaded forms and finished medicals (the status of medicals in my immi account changed to "Health requirement – health clearance provided – no action required").

I've been debating with my significant other whether we should wait for CO to email us further instructions or just hit the dreaded "request complete" button?

Happy days! Direct grant recieved today. House being valued tomorrow, still a bit of decorating to do to bring it up to spec but good to know what we're looking at. Then it's on the market in the new year and flights booked for October (one way initially, but will add return on if the house isn't sold just to validate) and off to Adelaide! My sister-in-law, brother-in-law and 2 nephews out there are just as excited as us!

Hi everyone,

I have a PCC for the UK but I have not done one for Australia. I was on holiday for 16 days In Australia in 2010 then I lived in Australia for just under a year in 2013-2014, I went on holiday for 13 days to NZ during this time. Do you think I will need to complete a police check for Australia? Thanks in advance.

Anyone got any feedback from CO today?

It is almost 2 weeks since CO initially contacted me asking for forms, medicals and PCC. I asked the CO for some clarifications on the same day but no feedback so far. In the meantime I uploaded forms and finished medicals (the status of medicals in my immi account changed to "Health requirement – health clearance provided – no action required").

I've been debating with my significant other whether we should wait for CO to email us further instructions or just hit the dreaded "request complete" button?

No, nothing for me either as yet. I would click the request complete button anyway as well as sending the requested info (thats what i did but not sure if it makes a difference)