189 Visa Lodged October 2015

hjd

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey Ceri, congratulations on the CO! What kind of extra info dis they ask for if you don't mind me asking?

Is it true they allocate CO's in alphabetical order? But is that per month or by date of application? Just interested, I know it will happen when it happens!

Hi, i just need to upload proof of my previous job as i have only been in my current employment for 2 years. I knew i needed to upload it but have been having trouble getting it from them but have chased it so hoping for it by the end of the week. No idea how they allocate CO's from what i read on the forum there are no hard and fast rules really but seeing grants today is promising.

Thank you!! Yes I uploaded everything except form 80 when I lodged. I think as long as everything is there when the CO picks it up it won't make a difference. Their definitely working on the October applications now though so good luck to all!!! :-)

Fab news:smile:

I got a request for documents that I've already uploaded??
I just emailed our CO to say that we had had our health checks done and obviously the medical centre hadn't done their part. Maybe just email the address on your letter to say WTF...you have them ;)

I just sent the same documents to them.. instead of gsm.allocated I sent to gsm.adelaide.

One thing was strange, they asked for a certified copy of my passport. But only for me, not my partner. I submitted colour scans of both of them! I just sent the same one again.

I just sent the same documents to them.. instead of gsm.allocated I sent to gsm.adelaide.

One thing was strange, they asked for a certified copy of my passport. But only for me, not my partner. I submitted colour scans of both of them! I just sent the same one again.

Weird. We had an email address on out letter which I emailed. It was GSM.allocated.

OCTOBER SNAPSHOT :

[h=2]Skilled Independent Subclass 189[/h]In October a smaller number of invitations was issued compared to previous months. 2000 invitations were issued for 189 visas, whereas in the July, August and September there were 2300 invitations issued each month.The majority of applicants invited had a score of 60 or 65. The minimum point score for a 189 invitation was 60 points and approximately 425 applicants received invitations with this score. Based on the October rounds it would take about just over two months to receive an invitation if you have 60 points. If you have 65 points you should receive an invitation next round.

Specific information on invitations for Pro Rata occupations for 189 visas is below:

[h=3]Accountants[/h]Only 50 accountants were invited in the October invitation rounds. The minimum point score was 70 for an invitation and approximate waiting time with this score was 8 weeks.[h=3]ICT Business and System Analysts[/h]The minimum points to receive an invitation was 65 and the waiting time was approximately 11 weeks.[h=3]Software and Applications Programmers[/h]The minimum points to receive an invitation was 65 also, if you have 65 points you should receive an invitation next round.[h=3]Auditors[/h]This occupation ceiling has now been reached and no further invitations will be issued until 1 July 2016.[h=2]Skilled Regional Family Sponsored Subclass 489[/h]The minimum point score for a family sponsored 489 invitation was 65 points in the October invitation rounds. Only 40 invitations were issued for 489 visas which is less than previous months (80 per month). If you have 65 points the waiting time for a 489 invitation is approximately one month. If you have 60 points, or are in a pro rata occupation, it is unlikely that you would receive an invitation for a 489 family sponsored visa.[h=2]Conclusion[/h]Whilst it is still possible to receive invitations with 60 points for 189, applicants with 65 points or more are likely receive invitations with shorter waiting times. 65 is now the minimum score for 489 Family Sponsored and IT Professionals. Accountants can only hope to receive an invitation with 70 points or more.Please note that the above considerations do not apply to State Nominated 489 and 190 applicants as these visa types have no occupational ceiling and are still possible to obtain with 60 points.

Congrats Jhouse! My dates are the same as yours. I got a request for information the day you got your grants. It was for documents I already had uploaded. I was reading another forum and an agent there said it seems common that officers can't "see" documents that are already uploaded. I'm convinced that if they were able to see my documents I would have had grants on Monday too. Oh well!

How fabulous! Congratulations! Have you got much to do before you set off?

Thank you. Need to pack the boxes for shipping hopefully they will go mid December, got some house hold items to sell that were not taking. Booked our flights with Singapore Airlines for 31st Jan 2016 all very exciting.. apart from that we have to save up!! Hopefully yours will be through soon you lodged not long after me :-)

Got Case Officer contact today..

He asked for a more detailed reference from one of my jobs (as I was a contractor and the reference I gave was for my agency)

He also asked for proof of payment - 10 years of payslips/bank statements.. how am I meant to provide this info? I probably have 6 out of 10 years worth of payslips and maybe some bank statements

Plus I took a sabbatical during one of my roles.. I was still employed but I wasn't getting paid for 10 months.. should I tell them? it wont affect my points or anything but I want to be honest