189 visa lodged September 2015

Selina Smith

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Friends,

80 days passed since the visa lodgement. No CO contact yet. All documents were front loaded. The spreadsheet is really making me nervous. People are getting grant within 15 days? OMG, how much lucky they are. I am feeling at least I should have not uploaded few documents for the CO to contact me. With 80 days passed without CO contact and having all the documents uploaded is really killing me. I called the department two weeks back. They said my case is yet to be looked upon. :-(

Should I contact the department again? Any help is much appreciated..

Regards

Falcon

Friends,

80 days passed since the visa lodgement. No CO contact yet. All documents were front loaded. The spreadsheet is really making me nervous. People are getting grant within 15 days? OMG, how much lucky they are. I am feeling at least I should have not uploaded few documents for the CO to contact me. With 80 days passed without CO contact and having all the documents uploaded is really killing me. I called the department two weeks back. They said my case is yet to be looked upon. :-(

Should I contact the department again? Any help is much appreciated..

Regards

Falcon

Quite a few people are reporting slow processing at the moment and I had somebody message me a few days back and they were told that there is a large backlog at the moment.

I wouldn't pay much attention to those on the spreadsheet that claim that they have been granted in 15 days, unfortunately the sheet is uncontrolled and some people do occasionally troll to get genuine applicants wound up. Anything less than 5 or 6 weeks is not likely to be genuine.

Edited by CaptainC

Quite a few people are reporting slow processing at the moment and I had somebody message me a few days back and they were told that there is a large backlog at the moment.

I wouldn't pay much attention to those on the spreadsheet that claim that they have been granted in 15 days, unfortunately the sheet is uncontrolled and some people do occasionally troll to get genuine applicants wound up. Anything less than 5 or 6 weeks is not likely to be genuine.

CapitainC, could you please advise what spreadsheet are you talking about? I am quite new to the process of visa application timeline

I genuinely believe the recent, very fast grants are real. Based on the times for people applying in October (like myself), everyone was granted or asked for more information at the same times. I got my first email in 17 days. Someone who applied the same day as me got their grant the same day I got my request for information.

I genuinely believe the recent, very fast grants are real. Based on the times for people applying in October (like myself), everyone was granted or asked for more information at the same times. I got my first email in 17 days. Someone who applied the same day as me got their grant the same day I got my request for information.

I don't doubt that some are real. However, only a small fraction of these people have contributed posts on the forum, which screams non genuine. Most others with the more realistic timelines are active members and have some posts on the forum.

I have saved a copy of the spreadsheet every couple of days for around 18 months, and try to pick at the data to look for some trends (when I can't sleep!) I recently spotted a couple of names appear overnight with completed entries with very short grant times. That is not the usual modus operandi for a person tracking their own visa progression against others around them. A genuine applicant would usually fill it in as things happen. I also noted some people using the same usernames over several months/years, that could be pure coincidence, but there seems to be too many of them for that to be true.

It's not unusual to receive a CO contact in a very short timeframe as in your case. This happens especially for citizens of certain countries, when a vital document is missing, when the department realises that there have been errors with the uploads or when somebody hasn't clicked the button to do their health declaration.

@CaptainC can I ask, when analysing the data have you seen any trends as to how long it will take to get a visa grant once all documents have been loaded and 28 days given by CO has passed? I have read on this site of some people getting a grant a few days after their medicals have been uploaded compared to some people waiting 6 months+ I know every visa application is different but wondered if you had spotted an average wait time? Thank you.

Selina

@CaptainC can I ask, when analysing the data have you seen any trends as to how long it will take to get a visa grant once all documents have been loaded and 28 days given by CO has passed? I have read on this site of some people getting a grant a few days after their medicals have been uploaded compared to some people waiting 6 months+ I know every visa application is different but wondered if you had spotted an average wait time? Thank you.

Selina

The average is roughly 30 days. However this has recently extended across the vast majority of applications in the last few months.

Every application is unique, and those that are waiting any more than 2 months after submitting additional information have possibly been subjected to extra checks, such as employment or education verification. A large number in the past year have been subject to checks conducted by external agencies such as ASIO, unfortunately that is beyond the control of DIBP and they also have to wait for the results in the same way that as an applicant has to.

Edited by CaptainC

Oh no I shouldn't do this but looked at the October applications and some have a direct grant already and most have a case officer and the November applicants are receiving a co, ,,i really don't know how it works ??????????

Kirstyj I've been feeling the same seeing people getting on when they applied after me. I rang the brisbane office last night as I just wanted to know what was happening. After being on hold forever a lady who sounded pretty hassled said that altho i'd given the information that the case officer had requested that they still hadn't looked at it. She also informed me that from receiving a case officer it could take 3 months from that point.

Whilst I was hold they played an automated message that basically said that when you initially applied make sure you give them all the information otherwise this will delay your application. I get the feeling that if you don't frontload your application with medicals, form 80 and police checks then you'll be assigned a case officer and then you get put to the bottom of the pile until they've assigned everyone a case officer or that's how it feels. It's all very frustrating. If what she says is true and we have to wait 3 months from having a case officer assigned then I should have my visa by the middle of January. Really annoying when people are getting direct grants after 6 weeks!!!!

Selena, we are on almost the same exact timeline....it's nice to know I'm not the only one going NUTS. We were invited sept 7, applied soon after, CO made contact on Oct 22nd with us as well. We have sent everything in and have been acting like crazy people ever since, especially because some flights from the US are currently on sale and I'd really like to have our visa before we buy them.

I am sooooo anxious! Gimme dat visa!

Surely we will hear something next week

What gets me is we went through an agent so all medicals, police checks form 80 filled out and still nowhere forward, and people from October and Nov are getting theirs, but there are still people from August who haven't received theirs yet !!!!!!!

Edited by MaggieMay24
Fixing quote