189 visa lodged September 2015

Selina Smith

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Guys,

Can anyone advise me on our following query with regards to subject visa based on following details:

1.My points are as follows:

Description Points

Age 25

English (Proficient) 10

Education (Masters) 15

Work Experience (In OZ) 5 (for +1year)

Partner (skill assesed) 5 (english proficient)

TOTAL 60 POINTS (without state nomination)

2. My skill set fall in following SA CSOL list Social Professionals NEC ANZSCO 272499

3. My Australian Work Experience is from Adelaide, SA and job is still active.

4. My skills fall under SA CSOL list that shows (Medium availability with supplementary skills reqd).

MY QUESTION !! Can I apply for Skilled independent visa sub class 189 without applying for state nomination ??

I will appreciate suggestions and welcome any questions for further clarification to answer my question.

Thanks

Ash

Hi CaptianC,

We have Lodged Visa on 20the Sept and applied for German PCC, we got an acknowledgement from the courier service that the request letter has reached Germany on 12th October. But still have not received any intimation and there is no tracking for the same. Is there any previous experience of anyone mentioning about the time take for German PCC processing?

Thanks!!

Hi,

Had a CO allocated today who has requested medicals, PCC and the dreaded form 80!! I was hoping to avoid it as I moved around a lot as a child going to around 5 different primary schools and have no one reliable around to help me fill it in. I've also had 2 WHV so have been all over Australia doing random jobs and have no idea of my addresses.

CO has requested Australia PCC for my husband, he's only visited Australia for 9 months. Shall I contact CO and explain that my husband hasn't stayed in Audtralia for over 12 months or is it easier just to get one? (He didn't do anything naughty while he was there so it should come back clear)

x

Oh goodness Selina Smith - that's a lot of extra information! But at least with an assigned CO, you're one step closer!

It might be worth asking the CO re. husband's Australian PCC - my sister was asked for one from South Africa (even though she hadn't lived there for >10 years) but went ahead and got it - only to have the CO turn around and say, oh, you didn't actually need that after all! Doesn't hurt to ask. Good luck!

Edited by bronwen
punctuation

Quick update...

...I've now had the medical (results expected next week, but should be fine as already had a medical this year for work), and police check record has been submitted to the CO, the ball is in their court now so just a waiting game for the verdict now. It's tense after coming all this way in the process [emoji85]

Hey guys, got an update. My CO was assigned and asked for form 80 and evidence of overseas education (again). I sent her an email and told her that i had already uploaded my bachelor's degree cert. And a couple of trade certificates. And it said on form 80 to provide details of the proposed date of arrival in Australia , i told her that i left it blank since it depends on how soon i get my visa, hope I did the right thing here

Its been 7 weeks since i lodged my application on 8th of Sept.

Till now no CO contact.

I am getting tensed looking at the spreadsheet as people who have applied after me getting direct grants.

I have uploaded all the documents with in Sept itself still its getting late.

Hi Guys,

Lodged visa application on 6th sep. No update yet.

How about other?

Regards

Gaya3

I applied 18th sept in civil engineering front loaded all docs onshore through an agent. But still no contact or update. We contacted the agent and he said it will take up to 3 months but i see many people getting there direct grant and nothing for me. I'm in my wife's student visa and applied PR from my occupation we relly need our grant coz we both are in student visa till we get the grant. Any idea anyone ? Why our grant is getting late? Case is very straight forward coz i studied here in australia and all docs uploaded.

Just wanted to pop in and say hi as this waiting game is excruciating! My partner had his medicals done last Wednesday so hoping they will be uploaded any day now......... waiting, waiting, waiting... He lodged on 8/9/15 and we were hoping he could fly in on 4/5 December........... please tell me this isn't ambitious!!