189 visa lodged September 2015

Selina Smith

Hi Nicole, it took 13 weeks from them saying they had received it to me getting my positive assessment, it was a long wait! It sounds like you have sent lots of evidence which is great so good luck in getting a positive answer, I hope you don't have to wait as long as I did! There is a thread for teachers in the jobs and careers section called 'teachers in Oz' I've found it really helpful so I'd recommend that you check it out :-)

Hi Selena.... thanx for the quick reply :wink: Did they take 13 weeks because they asked you for additional documents or was it just a delay from their side? Thanx for the info on the group ... I thot I saw it before but not yet in Oz so dint join. I wish u luck ... xxx

No, they didn't ask for further evidence they just took that long. After 12 weeks I emailed them to ask if they did require anything else, didn't have a reply but recieved my certificate in the post a week later. Fingers crossed for you too, hopefully you won't need to wait as long as I did x

Edited by Selina Smith

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What link are you using to request your HAPID?

Are you doing this before or after you have made a formal VISA application (presume you are talking about a 189)? If you are doing this after submitting your application then you can access your application in your IMMI account and under each applicants name it will have a button to 'Request Medical Details'. You answer a few questions via this button and then you will get given your HAPID and also a formal referral letter, both of which you will need before you can book and/or attend your medicals.

Hi, thanks for the reply. I have not submitted my visa application yet or my EOI. I am trying to get organised for when this is needed next month. The old passport number has been requested as I have travelled to Australia on an old passport in the past so they have requested this information.

once I receive the passport details I can complete my health declaration and be provided with my HEPID to book my medical with.

here is the link for Immi account to set up and complete Heath declaration https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa/Heal/meeting-the-health-requirement/health-examinations/my-health-declarations

Hi, thanks for the reply. I have not submitted my visa application yet or my EOI. I am trying to get organised for when this is needed next month. The old passport number has been requested as I have travelled to Australia on an old passport in the past so they have requested this information.

once I receive the passport details I can complete my health declaration and be provided with my HEPID to book my medical with.

here is the link for Immi account to set up and complete Heath declaration https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa/Heal/meeting-the-health-requirement/health-examinations/my-health-declarations

If I was you then I would save the trouble and just wait for the HAP ID to be automatically generated when you apply for the visa.

Migration medicals aren't usually in high demand and you are likely to be able to book a medical at fairly short notice.

Also be aware that if you do go for a medical early, then that is the start of your clock....you'll have to enter Australia within one year of the medical (or the date of the PCC, whichever is earlier). If your invitation takes a couple of weeks/months and then the visa application takes a few months then you won't have a great deal of time to get your travel arrangements sorted to get to Australia to activate the visa.

.....The old passport number has been requested as I have travelled to Australia on an old passport in the past so they have requested this information......

I travelled to Australia 20 or 30 times on different passports and was never asked for the details of my previous passports except when completing form 80.

The same still applies when I said in an earlier post that the passport you state in the 'My Health Declarations' application must be a valid passport AND MUST be the one you produce as evidence.

If you turn up at the medical centre with a different passport number to the one you provided, they will not allow you to take the medical.

Any Updates guys/gals on the application ??

ELTS (L7.5,R8.5,W7,S8) : 13.06.2015; CDR submitted : 17.04.2015; Positive assessment : 15.07.2015; EOI submitted(60 points) :15.07.2015; Invite : 07.09.2015 jiggy.gif; Visa Lodged : 08.09.2015; Docs uploaded : 09.09.2015; Medicals Uploaded : 19.09.2015 ; PCC Uploaded : 27.09.2015

Any Updates guys/gals on the application ??

ELTS (L7.5,R8.5,W7,S8) : 13.06.2015; CDR submitted : 17.04.2015; Positive assessment : 15.07.2015; EOI submitted(60 points) :15.07.2015; Invite : 07.09.2015 jiggy.gif; Visa Lodged : 08.09.2015; Docs uploaded : 09.09.2015; Medicals Uploaded : 19.09.2015 ; PCC Uploaded : 27.09.2015

Nothing as of yet.

IELTS: 8.5, EOI Submitted: 20/8/15 70 Points, Invited and Visa Lodged: 7/9/15, Medicals Loaded: 17/9/15, PCC Loaded: 17/9/15 Granted: ??/??/??

Nothing as of yet.

IELTS: 8.5, EOI Submitted: 20/8/15 70 Points, Invited and Visa Lodged: 7/9/15, Medicals Loaded: 17/9/15, PCC Loaded: 17/9/15 Granted: ??/??/??

Hey Stablemav,

We are together in this one yeah.... your timeline and mine are exactly same... just a day difference...

Good luck to all and hope this month of October bring in some really fresh breeze in everyone who are waiting :)

Hey Stablemav,

We are together in this one yeah.... your timeline and mine are exactly same... just a day difference...

Good luck to all and hope this month of October bring in some really fresh breeze in everyone who are waiting :)

Excellent! I'll be in touch as soon as we hear something ? Good luck to all who are awaiting news, it really won't be long now!

Hey guys, thanks for starting this thread, I'm guessing noone heard anything yet. Well, same here, I lodged my application on the 9th of September and my last document update was on the 17th of Sep. (PCC and medical) gonna start on form 80 now and front load it just in case. Good luck to u all.

Should we upload the resume too for software engineer visa application?

It is not asked in the application and submit only necessary documents which are asked as there is a limitation on the documents uploaded.

Good luck to all of you eagerly waiting for the grant :)

Month is over since i submitted my visa application which was on 8th Sept 2015.

I have loaded all the documents including PCC, Meds (were uploaded through the medical facility itself), Pay Slips , Employment contract , salary certificate and all others to support the points i claimed in my EOI.

Just hoping for the grant this month.

I have noticed that there is an update on the spreadsheet today. An individual who applied on the 7th September 2015 (Same day as me) received a Direct Grant today........hopefully we will all start to hear some good news shortly!!

Great News Stablemav,

Fingers crossed, hoping for the grant real soon now.... :):)