189 visa lodged September 2015

Selina Smith

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ Falcon

Any Updates???

I have received the grant today morning... its a direct grant...really excited.

I applied on 8th of Sept 2015 for me, my wife and my daughter.

Exact Days to get the grant : 61 days

I did not hear from CO, dint even know if CO was appointed..

I hope very best for you as i can understand the emotions you r going through ryte now.. good luck, it will all work out nicely :)

Edited by apra216

Oh wow - this is getting exciting! Congrats Apra216 and CountryBoy! So hoping we hear something this week too........ I have had a feeling we might so maybe I'm right!

We applied on 8th September, CO contacted on 20 October, Medicals 28th October and uploaded on 4 November....... Crossing everything! Good luck everyone :)

Hi Apra,

I am yet to get any update. I lodged on 6th sep and fingers crossed. I am getting really nervous. Hoping for the best. Congrats on your grant and I am happy for you. What was your application status until you get the grant? Was it "Application received" ?

Country Boy, Could you please share your timeline?

Regards

falcon

Hi Apra,

I am yet to get any update. I lodged on 6th sep and fingers crossed. I am getting really nervous. Hoping for the best. Congrats on your grant and I am happy for you. What was your application status until you get the grant? Was it "Application received" ?

Country Boy, Could you please share your timeline?

Regards

falcon

Application status till i received the grant was "Application Received" and then changed directly to "Finalized".

It should not get more late now as i had 3 applicants in my application...but i had uploaded all the documents i thought would be neccessary and relevant...still it took 61 days for the grant...

I dint upload form 80 though...

Cant really guess how the grant process unfolds... just got to wait...nothing else...i was waiting and i know it was killing me every single day...

Just hope for the best

Hi all. We got our visa grant today!!!! Applied 23/09, Co 28/10, uploaded docs 9/11.

For some reason we have only been given until the 15th March 2016 to make first entry. I thought it was 12 months from the visa grant or PCC/medicals?? In which case I was expecting the 11th September 2016 to be our first entry date. Has anyone else been given only 4 months to make first entry? I don't understand how they came to this date?

Hi all. We got our visa grant today!!!! Applied 23/09, Co 28/10, uploaded docs 9/11.

For some reason we have only been given until the 15th March 2016 to make first entry. I thought it was 12 months from the visa grant or PCC/medicals?? In which case I was expecting the 11th September 2016 to be our first entry date. Has anyone else been given only 4 months to make first entry? I don't understand how they came to this date?

Congratulations. It is strange about the first entry date, I would imagine that it's just a clerical error.

I have just had a thought...the medicals may not have been processed until the 15th September. I'm wondering because I had to do a health undertaking form 815 for tb history whether my medical is only valid for 6 months?

That is most likely it. You have to contact BUPA within 28 days of arrival to organise your first health assessment, and I've heard somewhere that the health undertaking for TB is 6 monthly, but I can't remember where I saw that.

Edited by CaptainC

I think you're right, but this would also mean that we can't just go and get the visas validated before this date, I would need to remain to have the health assessment. My joy is being overcome by sheer panic! I'm going to need that bottle of champagne when I get home this evening

I think you're right, but this would also mean that we can't just go and get the visas validated before this date, I would need to remain to have the health assessment. My joy is being overcome by sheer panic! I'm going to need that bottle of champagne when I get home this evening

Because BUPA is private there's a chance that you could arrange an appointment in Australia before you travel to validate your visa.

You could contact BUPA and ask. Their number is +61 1300 794 919

Hi KristyJ, did you CO asked for any doc? When is your application moved from Application received to application in progress state

Hi falcon yes our co wanted proof that we are a couple ie photos and joint bank account, re the immi status because we went through an agent I don't know when that changed, I only managed to set up my own immi account on Saturday, how about you ??